Author Topic: Questions for Moderators Belong Here...  (Read 5088 times)

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
Questions for Moderators Belong Here...
« on: February 18, 2011, 11:29:41 PM »
Why was I temporarily banned?

The official statement was "repeated trolling", but that doesn't hold up to logic. Anything that the masses would have misconstrued as "trolling" had been dealt with days prior, in the Sony thread. That thread was closed and warnings were issued. Despite the failings of multiple posters, I seem to be the only one to have been punished. I can only presume this is due to a difference of opinion on one or more of the moderator's behalves.

Of course, TJ Spyke did go crying to the moderators when his picture started showing up. It was mentioned in the ban message, yet I was never contacted by the staff over this matter previously. The lack of communication makes any action (especially a banning) well out of line if based solely on such. Of course, this shouldn't have even been brought up in the ban message at all. I merely appropriated publicly available images and modified them to meet the terms of the fair use stipulations, as defined and plainly laid out in the United States' copyright laws. I assumed that TJ Spkye of all people would appreciate the exact letter of the law being followed when it came to copyrighted material.

So again I ask, why was I banned? If it was for the Sony thread, then I can quickly point out one or two others that should have been punished alongside me. Anything else was negligible and certainly unwarranted of any sort of moderator retaliation.
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
Re: Questions for Moderators Belong Here...
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 11:42:53 PM »
I tried resolving the matter with you in private, you basically told me to f*** off and go to the admins. When you were forced to change the image, you just took the same image and changed it slightly. I can't speak for the admins, but you also resorted to childish tactics like insulting and threatening me (something which you had apparently go in trouble for before).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Morari

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 12:13:45 AM »
Sorry TJ, but this is a question for the moderators. Don't worry though, I'll let you slide this time. I'm a nice guy.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 01:01:00 AM »
You also said I should kill myself, as I recall.
is your sanity...

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011, 01:45:20 AM »
...And did you?
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Morari

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2011, 02:39:14 AM »
You also said I should kill myself, as I recall.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2011, 11:14:25 AM »
So you aren't going to apologize for it? It is a very inappropriate thing to say to anyone, not to mention evil.

Anyway, there's your reason for being banned. I understand if you are a sociopath and have no remorse for the way you treat others, but there's your reason.
is your sanity...

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2011, 02:17:09 PM »
I've not going to speak for the individual who banned Morari - it wasn't me and it's not my place to put words in someone else's mouth.

I'm also not going to defend Morari's "Go kill yourself" comment.  It was far out of line and not an appropriate response to anything.  You knew it when you typed it that it was unacceptable.

However, Chozo - you need to recall that Morari's comment was a direct reply to a comment you made stating that he "should be banned" - a comment, which I believe, you were moderated for (again, not by me).  You don't exactly need to be casting stones here.

And TJ - do I need to remind you of your "Just go away and join those cyber-terrorists that support Assange." comment?

Again, neither of your two's comments absolve Morari of any offenses he committed - but he's not the only guilty party in this palace.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Morari

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2011, 02:31:08 PM »
I've not going to speak for the individual who banned Morari - it wasn't me and it's not my place to put words in someone else's mouth.

Which is the entire reason for this post. I can't speak to the specific moderator in private because it's never revealed who does what. It seems to me that a lot of people caught flack for the Sony topic. It was closed and warnings were handed out. Days after that, I was arbitrarily banned with the only excuse being "repeated trolling". I was moderated for the Sony topic, and as such, cannot fathom what led to my banning within the several days after that.

You'd think that Pale came back out of retirement... :P

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2011, 02:47:46 PM »
And TJ - do I need to remind you of your "Just go away and join those cyber-terrorists that support Assange." comment?

He openly supports those cyber-terrorists and seems so angry here, so it seemed he would be happier going someplace where the people support his opinions.

Morari, I think part of it was because after you were told by a mod to change the pic, you did the exact same thing again and then made a thread mocking it. That would be like a cop telling you to stop doing something, then continuing to do it and insulting the cop for it.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2011, 02:53:04 PM »
Morari - Again, I can't speak for anyone else - but it seems to me it's pretty obvious why you received a temporary banning.  Between the avatar mess and your "Crybabies" thread (on top of previous warnings, of course), are you really, really questioning why you got a temporary banning?  Really?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Morari

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2011, 03:26:46 PM »
Morari - Again, I can't speak for anyone else - but it seems to me it's pretty obvious why you received a temporary banning.  Between the avatar mess and your "Crybabies" thread (on top of previous warnings, of course), are you really, really questioning why you got a temporary banning?  Really?

I'm not asking you to speak for anyone else. ;)

What "avatar mess" though? I haven't posted any offensive avatars. I have never been contacted by a moderator concerning my avatars either. If there is an "avatar mess", someone forgot to send me the memo. The "Crybabies" thread was meant to lighten the general mood. It was a parody of all of the other "Getting Hit Hard Lately" threads. After having babysit one weekend, I needed a place to vent about children and their temper tantrums.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2011, 03:50:40 PM »
Really? ::shakeshead::
Feigning ignorance?

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2011, 03:59:30 PM »
I stand by my statement that Morari should be banned, and his response that I should kill myself only validates it. And the two are no where near the same thing. I'm not saying he should be killed or die just banned. What he said violates laws because he's threatening violence against me.

So I have to say the only thing wrong with Morari being banned is that it wasn't permanent.
is your sanity...

Offline Morari

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2011, 04:01:52 PM »
Really? ::shakeshead::
Feigning ignorance?

TJ, I believe I already made it known that your presence here is unwelcome. This topic was directed at the moderator(s) responsible for my recent ban. I seek to understand what led them to that decision. Instead, I seem to be faced with quiet cowards and subjected to a star chamber.

If you want to continue your poor attempt to badger me, go ahead. I will disregard your statements here, as you are trolling. You have been misinformed about the reality of the world, and because of that you make for a very poor example of humanity. Next time you're on Ohio, PM me and we can get together...

I stand by my statement that Morari should be banned, and his response that I should kill myself only validates it. And the two are no where near the same thing. I'm not saying he should be killed or die just banned. What he said violates laws because he's threatening violence against me.

Do you honestly believe that suggesting someone go kill themselves is akin to threatening you? I'm sorry to disappoint you cupcake, but no laws were violated. If you're really so emotionally sensitive, then perhaps you should take heed of my advice. The decision is yours.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 04:05:38 PM by Morari »

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2011, 04:10:34 PM »
This is why we can't have nice things.  Locking this topic.  The moderator that made the initial decision can decide if s/he wants to reply on his/her own terms.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2011, 04:29:10 PM »
The Rules

* You may not personally insult another user.

You broke this rule multiple times.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2011, 12:22:55 AM »
Without responding to the specifics of the case at hand I want to state unequivocally that I don't want to see dramatics on the boards. I enjoy coming here, and I really don't need lots of angry posts to ruin the fun.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report