Author Topic: OMG my EYES  (Read 3661 times)

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
OMG my EYES
« on: July 17, 2006, 09:41:04 PM »
Going to get my eyes drilled by a Laser on Thursday. Wish me luck.

Getting sick of waking up half blind. Wanna go fly planes. Be seeing you.  
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
RE: OMG my EYES
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2006, 10:36:55 PM »
Ya, well, you didn't fit in anyway...two-eyes...*sniff*...

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
RE:OMG my EYES
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 10:46:21 PM »

Originally posted by: oohhboy
Going to get my eyes drilled by a Laser on Thursday. Be seeing you.

Or not x_x

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2006, 11:49:31 PM »
Make sure to call the person doing the laser work Mr. Driller!

EVEN IF IT'S A GIRL.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2006, 06:32:34 AM »
Best of luck.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2006, 07:20:42 AM »
Argh!!! Good luck.  Is this part of becoming a pilot or was that flying comment just coincidental?
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline Athrun Zala

• Tween Idol
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • TM!
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2006, 08:20:26 AM »
Good Luck!

^___^
Quote from: [b]Professional 666[/b]
JOIN MY ASS

IT'LL BE LOTS OF FUN
Best. Quote. Ever. XD

Offline Zach

• Bad Title
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2006, 10:18:18 AM »
good luck, Im hoping to have my eyes drilled by a laser someday (better than dealing with glasses/contacts for the rest of my life)
So make sure you let us know how it turns out.

If it makes you feel any better, my aunt and my cousin have both had laser eye surgery, and it has turned out great for both of them.  
WiiCode: 2469 4326 9885 9257

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2006, 05:26:15 PM »

Originally posted by: Infernal Monkey
Make sure to call the person doing the laser work Mr. Driller!

EVEN IF IT'S A GIRL.

If it's a guy call him MRS. DRILLER for ensured hilarity!
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2006, 09:29:20 AM »
Have you learned how to use a brail keyboard yet?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2006, 03:21:27 PM »
Enter the product Review!

I managed to get the newest inovations in laser treatment for the price of the old one. I ended up paying 4800 instead of 5900 NZD for both eyes.

My eyes were pretty bad at - 6 and -7. The newest tech has computer targeting along with eye ball Mark 1 Mod 0. It removed 10% less eye, which is a good thing. Also the flap is created with a laser instead of a Mircoketertome. It creates a much smoother surface to work on.

If they offer you a special pill, take it. It will make your experience alot smoother.

It has been a day later and I already have 20/20 vision. I still have a blooming issuses, night vision is some what shot, but time will take care of that. Everything looks like it has HDR which I personally think is one of the most stupidest graphics effects out there. Once the healing is done I should have 15/20 vision which is better than 20/20. But that is based on what you eye when corrected is based on.

Don't base your decision based purely on price. Most places will offer free assements so shop around. Get a feel for the surgeon. Try to look for someone who has done atleast 5+ years. Mine is 10+ years. After care is halve of the treatment. Ask what thier policy is on situations where it isn't quite right. Some will charge extra for retreatment, others won't.

Feel free to ask more questions. The best 4800 NZD I have ever spent.

On another note, my Doctor was a Mr Driller and I do want to go fly planes.

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
RE: OMG my EYES are Great!
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2006, 07:33:24 PM »
So here's my question, when they do this operation, it's 100% laser now? Last time I looked into getting the surgery they went in with a knife to create the flap then went to town with the laser. If the knife is old news it might be time for the surgery. I'm only -3 in each eye but the glasses are just annoying and I'd love to have them gone forever.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline Blue Plant

• View Profile
    • My site.
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2006, 07:49:59 PM »
Glad to hear it went well for you.  I'm hoping to have it done sometime in the future, myself.  So tired of the hassle of cleaning my glasses and fear of damage.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2006, 08:48:27 PM »
Yeah, It is all laser now if you can find it. Some Docs/groups might not have upgarded yet. The newest stuff is all laser, computer tracked and modeled. The same stuff tiger Woods got. It is basicly considered "Custom". The older models needed a "knife" and the surgeon had to eye ball the laser. Even older than that is where they drill down to the deep needed from the top. That has arse recovery time.

The only non-laser stuff they use on you are the suction cups and the tools they need to lift the flap.

At -6 and -7 I was considered in the moderate catagory and with that I had about a 70% chance of getting perfect or near perfect on first try. At around -3 where you are, that goes up to about 90-95%. But the numbers are only antidotal. Some surgeons are more conservative than others and some define 40/20 as on target. Mine defined 20/20 as target.

Your Mileage may vary. but I consider myself slightly better than text book case in terms of result so far.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2006, 07:05:58 AM »
"The only non-laser stuff they use on you are the suction cups and the tools they need to lift the flap."

Oh f*ck.  This sentence is not making me feel better about corrective eye surgery.  Ugh.  My co-worker had her eyes done and says that she was instructed to not rub her eyes for so many days after the surgery because then the eyeball flap might fall out.  Did you get similar instructions?

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2006, 03:21:01 PM »
I have an irrational fear for this operations, and I think I couldnt stand living without glasses.

"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2006, 12:35:42 PM »
Yeah. I got given gogles to wear during sleep. The flap won't fall out due to the fact it is stll attached to your eye and it sticks to your eye like a contact. Only direct force might misalgin or loosen the flap. At that point you use the phone numbers given to you to sort things out.

The funny thing about all this was that I only started to freak out a little just after I got the bank cheque cut. I managed to calm down about after heading out for the night. I wasn't worried about it until that moment.

If you can accept the risks during assement and you make it to surgery day with out bloting. Take the pill.