Author Topic: The Legend of Korra [Season 4 airs in Jan/Feb for Australia]  (Read 124493 times)

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
The Legend of Korra [Season 4 airs in Jan/Feb for Australia]
« on: March 14, 2012, 09:14:10 PM »
http://www.avatarspiritmedia.net/news.php?year=2012&month=3#n606

That news link also has two very nice trailers too.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 11:09:32 PM by Oblivion »

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Re: Avatar: The Legend of Korra Airs April 14th at 11:00 AM
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 12:52:06 AM »
Yay yay yay.  Rewatched the first three seasons to get ready. :D

Burned a copy of the movie as tribute.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Online broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 12:34:18 PM »
I have high hopes for that series, although I'm concerned about how compelling it's going to be when the Avatar has already mastered 3 out of the 4 elements.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 06:20:02 PM »
If you have facebook, like The Legend Of Korra's official facebook. If they get 100,000 likes, we'll get the episode on korranation.com on March 24th.

The premeire will be a two 30 minute episodes.
Also, if you have an Xbox, you'll be able to download the first episode for free.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 06:39:12 PM »
Also, if you have an Xbox, you'll be able to download the first episode for free.

Is it just for Xbox Live Gold members or anyone with a Xbox Live account?
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 11:24:43 PM »
Not sure. Lemme check.
http://www.nickandmore.com/2012/03/15/the-legend-of-korra-premieres-saturday-april-14-on-nickelodeon/
"Also leading up to the television series premiere, Xbox users will have the opportunity to download the first episode and trailer for free and purchase episodes from Avatar: The Last Airbender. The first The Legend of Korra episode will be available on VOD. In conjunction with the series premiere, Nick’s mobile channel NIMO, will have a live simulcast of the first two episodes."
This is literally all the information they gave. I guess you'll have to wait and see.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2012, 03:03:20 AM »
This looks nothing like the first movie. Where the heck are the 12ft blue aliens?
is your sanity...

Online broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2012, 03:54:33 AM »
This looks nothing like the first movie. Where the heck are the 12ft blue aliens?

I'm really disappointed in Nickelodeon for seemingly cow-towing down to James Cameron and his crappy Avatar movie franchise by removing the "Avatar" name from the title of this new series (much like how I was annoyed when they named the live action movie "The Last Airbender", though I don't mind it so much after seeing that the movie was at best mediocre and not worthy of the name).  "Avatar: The Last Airbender" had the name first and is a significantly better product.  The title of this thread is the title the show should officially have, and I wonder how well the show will perform without it to guide people to the series.  It has been, after all, several years since the last Avatar series.

Offline Lithium

• disparaging user title
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2012, 08:08:53 AM »
i watched the series last year and was pleasantly suprised. It was like Dragonball except it actually had a good story/charcters. I am very excited for this new series.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2012, 10:20:49 PM »
I take it that no one from here managed to catch the 1st episode earlier today before it got taken down?

p.s.  you had to log onto the press site to view it. It's not there anymore, but if I run across a copy, I'll be sure to tell you all how good it was ;)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 10:23:28 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2012, 03:53:47 PM »
It was dope; especially the fighting. All n' all it seemed like the pilot of any series - an opener. We we're introduced to the main character and likely the main villain.

It seemed a little stiff, in the sense that it was trying to be funny but didn't exactly strike a chord. But I'm sure it'll become better as the series goes on.

Great first episode with possibly the greatest ending song of any show I've ever seen. I might turn it into a beat....

EDIT: Oh and I wanted to add that this show seems to be geared toward a higher age bracket than the previous Avatar. During the fighting scenes somethings just looked like it really really hurt.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 05:33:17 PM by Stogi »
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Lithium

• disparaging user title
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2012, 05:54:31 PM »
EDIT: Oh and I wanted to add that this show seems to be geared toward a higher age bracket than the previous Avatar. During the fighting scenes somethings just looked like it really really hurt.

Doesn't seem to be that suprising since the show has ended long enough for the demographic who it was aimed at on the first run to be in their mid-late teens by now anyways (haven't seen the actual ep yet though)

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2012, 09:43:45 PM »

I'm really disappointed in Nickelodeon for seemingly cow-towing down to James Cameron and his crappy Avatar movie franchise by removing the "Avatar" name from the title of this new series (much like how I was annoyed when they named the live action movie "The Last Airbender", though I don't mind it so much after seeing that the movie was at best mediocre and not worthy of the name).  "Avatar: The Last Airbender" had the name first and is a significantly better product.  The title of this thread is the title the show should officially have, and I wonder how well the show will perform without it to guide people to the series.  It has been, after all, several years since the last Avatar series.

I approve this message.

Online broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2012, 10:12:35 PM »
I'm really not bothered that much if the 1st episode is a little on the weaker side.  Honestly, I really wasn't that much of a fan of the original series' pilot, either, which felt a little slow and overly childish.  The show picked up nicely by the end of the 1st season, though, and excelled in the 2nd (which is, IMO, the best season of the show).  Korra will probably do the same.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2012, 11:22:55 PM »
Yeah, they just need the pilot to set up the story. And remember, the premiere is intended to be the first two episodes, so we really only have half the pilot. Wait until the second half comes out where she meeets Mako and Bolin and presumably takes part in the Pro-Bending (like pro-wrestling) competition.

And if you want to know exactly what that is, Korra Nation has an 18 minute video on the rules of it.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2012, 11:34:22 PM »
They could always do what some shows like Full Metal Alchemist did and just start you off in a mid-story arc to give you a little taste of the action, then rewind things back to the beginning.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2012, 11:38:27 PM »
They won't. The first episode has already established what direction the show will take.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2012, 12:15:56 AM »
Well, never mind then.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2012, 11:00:22 AM »
And remember, the premiere is intended to be the first two episodes, so we really only have half the pilot.

That must be it. Even though it ended with a cliff-hanger, it still felt premature.

EDIT: So the first and second episode, i.e. the pilot, are going to premiere this Saturday.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 01:04:26 AM by Stogi »

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2012, 11:49:02 AM »
You guys may want to join Korra Nation if you want to watch the premiere this Saturday on the website,

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2012, 01:51:23 PM »
http://www.korranation.com/
First two episodes are (officially) up now.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2012, 03:08:50 PM »
Watched it. Needless to say, it is a much better pilot when you watch the whole thing.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2012, 03:26:59 AM »
Very. I was fascinated with the Pro-Bending fights. There's a video on youtube explaining the rules of it and it's pretty interesting. I could see them making a video game out of it.

Should I change the title to this thread to just a general Korra thread?

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2012, 03:27:13 PM »
Yeah you should.

Also, I watched it again, this time with a friend who's also a fan and she pointed out the same thing I noticed: the action just seems to look like it really hurts. I don't know whether to attribute that to the directing or simply the clarity of the animation or both, but it's awesome to watch. It's already on par (or even better in some cases) to the most iconic fighting scenes in Season 3 of the original Avatar story. For example, when Mako comes back in the last round to win it, the animation is superb and that last hit is brutal.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
Re: Avatar: The Legend of Korra
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2012, 09:27:44 PM »
Yeah, the bending is a lot more brutal than the last series and it's obviously that they have bigger budget this time around. Considering the first series had a budget of about a million dollars per episode, I wonder what it's like this time around.