Author Topic: Official Virtual Console Mondays Thread  (Read 718137 times)

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
Re: Official Virtual Console Mondays Thread
« Reply #3350 on: June 28, 2010, 11:09:24 AM »
Jett Rocket is one of the most anticipated games for WiiWare ever. Keep an eye on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDl7NGYP9n8
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #3351 on: June 28, 2010, 12:14:56 PM »
Jett Rocket is one of the most anticipated games for WiiWare ever. Keep an eye on it.

Wow, that looks really good.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #3352 on: June 28, 2010, 12:18:18 PM »

Looks Ratchet & Clank-ish.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #3353 on: June 28, 2010, 01:44:24 PM »
As soon as I'm done with Bit Trip Runner I'm going to try out this game.

Offline Killer_Man_Jaro

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #3354 on: June 28, 2010, 02:10:23 PM »
Jett Rocket is out this Friday in Europe, for those who would find that relevant. It does look to be an impressive WiiWare game -- I'm simply waiting to hear how lengthy it is. My concern is that a downloadable game with such a high calibre of graphics must be cutting it close to the 40MB limit, so hopefully it's decently long despite this.
Tom Malina
UK Correspondent
-----------------------------
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #3355 on: June 28, 2010, 05:32:45 PM »

Gameplay looks pretty varied.I like it.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #3356 on: June 28, 2010, 06:45:49 PM »
Wow, that game does look pretty good. I think my favourite little thing was the magnet, for some reason. The parachute also looks like fun.

Like Killer_Man_Jaro said, length is a concern for this title, as well as price. If it's 1,000 points and provides at least 5 hours of gameplay, that would be worth it. I'll definitely check out some reviews when it is released.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #3357 on: July 05, 2010, 09:42:15 AM »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #3358 on: July 05, 2010, 10:39:04 AM »
Todays games

What a shock: no Virtual Console.  Again.   ::)

If you're going to stop supporting the service, Nintendo, why don't you just come out and say it and be done with it?!   :@

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #3359 on: July 05, 2010, 11:49:05 AM »
Gosh Brood you are a bundle of sunshine.:rollseyes:

Why don't you check the service for games that are already out.You must be so needy and impatient about games coming out. How many games a week do you consume so you absolutely need another to whet your appetite. :rollseyes:
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3360 on: July 05, 2010, 12:14:09 PM »
Todays games

What a shock: no Virtual Console.  Again.   ::)

If you're going to stop supporting the service, Nintendo, why don't you just come out and say it and be done with it?!   :@

So Mario Tennis being released last week never happened and the rest of the internet was just lying about it then?  The Mario Tennis game that's in the N64 section on the Virtual Console doesn't really exist and is just a con so Nintendo can take peoples $10 and not give them anything in return?
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #3361 on: July 05, 2010, 12:23:49 PM »
Gosh Brood you are a bundle of sunshine.:rollseyes:

Why don't you check the service for games that are already out.You must be so needy and impatient about games coming out. How many games a week do you consume so you absolutely need another to whet your appetite. :rollseyes:

I'm concerned with the way that Nintendo is passive-aggressively phasing out Virtual Console, considering that we're still missing notable 1st and 3rd party games on the SNES and N64.  It bothers me because, like so much else that Nintendo does, the way they handle Virtual Console is so completely half-assed.  Either support it or don't, not this "once or twice a month if we feel like it, otherwise completely ignore it" routine.  Don't get my hopes up every week that we could see an awesome SNES or N64 VC title, only to see it's the usual bundle of Wii/DSiWare crap because Nintendo doesn't make a threefold profit off the VC titles.  At least if they announced they were no longer supporting it, I could go back to ignoring these inane press releases every week.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 12:25:36 PM by broodwars »

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3362 on: July 05, 2010, 04:20:33 PM »
I've said it before and I'll likely say it several times in the future: The Virtual Console service is going to be around for many, many years to come. There aren't all that much more games to release onto the service, so Nintendo has started to stretch them out, now that the service is established and WiiWare is also in the picture.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #3363 on: July 05, 2010, 05:16:32 PM »
I've said it before and I'll likely say it several times in the future: The Virtual Console service is going to be around for many, many years to come. There aren't all that much more games to release onto the service, so Nintendo has started to stretch them out, now that the service is established and WiiWare is also in the picture.

Nintendo could always allow certain third party games to be localized for the service. Allow Square-Enix to port over some of their major SNES and N64 RPGs and games that never made it over to the US. Mishief Makers would be a nice addition and such gems as Treasure of Rudras and Secret of Evermore would be cool too.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3364 on: July 05, 2010, 05:19:12 PM »
Square didn't make any Nintendo 64 games.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #3365 on: July 05, 2010, 05:25:18 PM »
Square didn't make any Nintendo 64 games.

Enix did and now they are the same company. Plus, SNK has a ton of games for the Neo Geo that could be released for the VC serive. The best SEGA CD games could also be remade on wiiware. There is still so much potential left in the service.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3366 on: July 05, 2010, 05:34:30 PM »
The only thing Enix created for the Nintendo 64 is Wonder Project J2, which is not an RPG. They also published Mischief Makers in Japan, but Nintendo published it in North America and Europe.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #3367 on: July 05, 2010, 05:35:32 PM »
The only thing Enix created for the Nintendo 64 is Wonder Project J2, which is not an RPG. They also published Mischief Makers in Japan, but Nintendo published it in North America and Europe.

I thought they published it in America too, sorry. Regardless, Nintendo needs to put a few more horses in front of the VC carriage.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 05:37:16 PM by Kytim89 »

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #3368 on: July 05, 2010, 05:38:22 PM »

There's also Ogre Battle 64, which was made by a developer now owned by Square-Enix, but we already got that.   ;D   It's Square-Enix support on the SNES VC that I miss so much, along with other notable RPG developers (not to mention the notable licensed games we'll probably never see, especially from Disney)..

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #3369 on: July 05, 2010, 05:47:49 PM »
Nintendo needs to convince western publishers that supporting VC is practically free money. The amount of VC games from western publishers is pitiful. You have Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure and Shanghai II: Dragon's Eye from Activision Blizzard; Interplay has added Earthworm Jim, Boogerman: A Pick and Flick Adventure, ClayFighter, and Earthworm Jim 2. Even just using the games included in the first two Midway Arcade Treasures games, Time Warner could release 44 games on the VC (more if you count both the arcade and console versions of games like Gauntlet).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #3370 on: July 05, 2010, 06:00:31 PM »
Nintendo needs to convince western publishers that supporting VC is practically free money. The amount of VC games from western publishers is pitiful. You have Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure and Shanghai II: Dragon's Eye from Activision Blizzard; Interplay has added Earthworm Jim, Boogerman: A Pick and Flick Adventure, ClayFighter, and Earthworm Jim 2. Even just using the games included in the first two Midway Arcade Treasures games, Time Warner could release 44 games on the VC (more if you count both the arcade and console versions of games like Gauntlet).

Nintendo needs to bring in Atari emulation for the wii.

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #3371 on: July 05, 2010, 06:02:59 PM »
Nintendo needs to convince western publishers that supporting VC is practically free money.

This statement can't be true.  If it was, Nintendo would cheerfully be throwing games up on the service like there's no tomorrow, as opposed to pulling the plug on it and refusing to publish even some of its own games.  I don't know why Nintendo's not supporting the Virtual Console in the West, but I'm confident there's a good (financial) reason behind it.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #3372 on: July 05, 2010, 06:05:05 PM »
It does cost some money, but even selling about 1K copies would more than make up for any costs.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #3373 on: July 05, 2010, 06:10:23 PM »
It does cost some money, but even selling about 1K copies would more than make up for any costs.

In that case, either too many games were not selling a thousand copies, or Nintendo's decided that they can get more mileage out of the same resources by assigning the VC people elsewhere.  I personally would continue the service, and improve the interface/publicity, but I'm not privy to the whole picture.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #3374 on: July 05, 2010, 06:15:46 PM »
Nintendo said they were starting to see fewer VC sales and wanted to focus on WiiWare. I think part of the problem was that they kept decreasing how many games they were adding to the service and didn't bother advertising it to people. Even doing something like mentioning on Metroid Prime Trilogy's box that people can download Metroid and Super Metroid might help.