Author Topic: Official Virtual Console Mondays Thread  (Read 718137 times)

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
Re: Official Virtual Console Mondays Thread
« Reply #3300 on: May 18, 2010, 05:48:52 PM »
I own it, although I haven't played it in like 15 years.  While technically a better game than the original, I seem to recall never being overly fond of it.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #3301 on: May 18, 2010, 10:03:05 PM »
I never owned it. But I played it a good deal in Toys R Us when I was young.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline TheBlackCat

• Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3302 on: May 22, 2010, 11:52:49 PM »
Great, I wait for 8 months for Kirby Super Star (since the Japanese release), and they finally release it when I am out of town for a week.  Figures.
Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining.
-Jeff Raskin

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #3303 on: May 23, 2010, 03:15:17 PM »
It'll still be there when you get back... what's another week? At least you know it's there waiting!

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #3304 on: May 24, 2010, 12:42:36 PM »
This week the Nintendo DSiWare service asks players to try their hands at a number of divergent occupations. You might pilot a ship in Metal Torrent or try a bluff at the poker table in World Poker Tour Texas Hold 'Em. Once you master those, you can try your hand at solving transportation problems through deductive reasoning or go on a hunt for the notorious Jack the Ripper. Over on the WiiWare service, things get a little more "natural." You might play as a monkey or as a unit of DNA. You can even become a trippy beam of light in ArtStyle: light trax, the latest title in the critically-acclaimed Art Style series. Don't forget to download the hilarious new Photo Dojo game, available for zero Nintendo DSi Points through June 10 (the game will require 200 Nintendo DSi Points for download as of June 11).

This week also brings new additions to the "Big Name Games" section of the WarioWare: D.I.Y. series, which features downloadable microgames from some of the industry's most talented figures. This week's featured game, Funky Boxing, was created by Chris Slate, editor in chief of Nintendo Power magazine. Funky Boxing is an homage to Punch-Out!! and asks players to score three hits on the Champ. New "Big Name Games" will be added every Monday through July 26, all available to download for zero Nintendo DSi Points to anyone with broadband Internet access and a copy of either WarioWare: D.I.Y. for the Nintendo DS family of systems or WarioWare: D.I.Y. Showcase software for the WiiWare service. Visit the Nintendo Channel on your Wii system today to learn more about these games.

Nintendo DSiWare

Metal Torrent
Publisher: Nintendo
Players: 1
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) - Fantasy Violence
Price: 500 Nintendo DSi Points
Description: Prepare for a high level of intensity as you pilot a solo ship deep into enemy space in this vertically scrolling shooter. Battle wave after wave of relentless attackers aiming to do one thing - destroy you! Your goal, beyond mere survival, is simple: Get the highest score possible and earn bragging rights in online leaderboards. Two powerful fighters are at your disposal: the Accipiter and Bateleur, tailored for beginner or expert players. Progress through eight phases of action and take out enemies by tactically using your weapons: an unlimited-fire blaster weapon available to both ships and an energy-consuming special weapon unique to each craft. Absorb energy cubes from destroyed enemies to replenish your energy gauge and increase your score. Collect a series of consecutive cubes to create a chain and boost your score even higher. Choose from pattern or random modes to vary the level of challenge, but the real indication of skill comes from competing with players around the world for the highest score possible. Use Nintendo® Wi-Fi Connection to upload your score to the online leaderboards to see where you stack up or even view replays of top-ranking players' games and study their secrets. Do you have what it takes to be the best?

World Poker Tour Texas Hold 'Em
Publisher: Hands-On Mobile
Players: 1-6
ESRB Rating: T (Teen) - Simulated Gambling
Description: Play like the pros in World Poker Tour Texas Hold 'Em on the Nintendo DSiWare service, the official game tested and approved by the experts at the World Poker Tour. Whether you're just learning to play or you're an old-school player wanting to hook some fish, Texas Hold 'Em has tables for all players. Choose to play solo in two unique tournaments designed specifically for the Nintendo DSiWare version or use a local wireless connection and play with your friends and take down monster pots. The action is in your hands in one of the most authentic poker games ever brought to the Nintendo DSi system.

Real Crimes: Jack the Ripper
Publisher: Virtual Playground
ESRB Rating: T (Teen) - Blood, Mild Sexual Themes, Violent References
Price: 800 Nintendo DSi Points
Description: Real Crimes: Jack the Ripper - the fabulous, chart-topping hidden-object game with amazing graphics is now available on the Nintendo DSiWare service. One of the first and best games of its type, Jack the Ripper features numerous atmospheric 3-D locations and oodles of hidden objects to find. The realism of the scenes and the accuracy of the storyline will fascinate all ages from young teen to adult. Travel back to 1880s London to help Scotland Yard's detectives solve the crime of the century. Visit world-famous landmarks such as Piccadilly Circus and Buckingham Palace. Search crime scenes and solve mini puzzles in your hunt for clues. Was Jack a doctor, a royal prince, a barber or something else? Was he mad? This game will tell you. Enjoy hours and hours of game play in this truly absorbing game. Whether you are an experienced player or a newbie, once you start your investigation, you will be on an adventure you won't want to stop - until you discover Jack the Ripper's true identity, that is.

Advanced Circuits
Publisher: BiP media
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone)
Price: 200 Nintendo DSi Points
Description: Whether with a train, a car or a tank, are you ready for a new challenge? This brain-boggling puzzle game will put your powers of deduction to the test. Complete the circuits by connecting squares on the game board with pieces of track. Some pieces of track are already shown on the board at the beginning of the game to give you a head start. There is only one solution to each puzzle. The rules are simple but the challenges are tough.

* Challenge mode features 60 predefined game boards of increasing difficulty.
* Free Play mode lets you select the game board size and practice on any number of randomly generated puzzles.
* 72 awards to be won.
* Also features a tutorial, hints and tips and even the solution if you feel like giving up.

WiiWare

ArtStyle: light trax
Price: 600 Wii Points
Description: Art Style: light trax takes racing to whole new (and very surreal) levels as you control a white beam of light moving perpetually forward while your viewpoint shifts between 2-D and 3-D perspectives. Start by choosing one of the two main modes of game play, each with its own distinct goal. In light tours mode, you vie with other light beams for the most points in a three-course racing tour. Watch out for obstacles, use items and strategically use your dash ability to finish first. In freeway mode, your objective is to set a high score by traveling the greatest distance within a set amount of time. Mastering the intricacies of each setting is crucial: you'll have to alternate between them in order to progress through the game and unlock all of its modes. With precise controls packed in and a driving techno soundtrack, Art Style: light trax offers an experience unlike any other. Are you ready to compete in a mind-bending race at the speed of light? Games in the Art Style series feature elegant design, polished graphics and pick-up-and-play controls, creating an experience focused purely on fun and engaging game play. For more information about Art Style: light trax and other games in the Art Style series, please visit artstyle.nintendo.com.

Manic Monkey Mayhem
Publisher: The Code Monkeys Ltd.
Players: 1-4
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) - Comic Mischief, Mild Cartoon Violence
Price: 800 Wii Points
Description: Controlling one of eight monkeys, you will do battle with up to seven others across eight differently themed landscapes. In single player, battle through three increasingly difficult campaigns of missions ranging from survival to coconut fights, or have a one-off battle against the clock as a team or in a standard deathmatch. Connect additional Wii Remote controllers (each sold separately) to battle against up to three additional players or compete against anyone or your friends using Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. Connect an optional Wii Balance Board accessory to add more mayhem to the fun.

Viral Survival
Publisher: NIS America
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) - Mild Cartoon Violence
Price: 500 Wii Points
Description: Viral Survival is an "escape" action game where you control a special DNA unit and dodge through enemy virus attacks. If you save a friendly DNA unit they will connect to you, creating a tail. The more you save, the higher point total you will accumulate. There are also four other game modes, including one where you can shoot the enemy down and compete for number of kills, and a time attack mode to save 128 DNA units in the shortest time possible. For all five game modes your score can be ranked online. Try your best to become number one in the world.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline TheBlackCat

• View Profile
« Reply #3305 on: May 24, 2010, 09:06:35 PM »
Torrent!  OMG Nintendo is supporting PIRACY!!!! Call the RIAA!
Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining.
-Jeff Raskin

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #3306 on: May 24, 2010, 09:25:09 PM »
The game has actually gotten good reviews, I may check it out.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #3307 on: May 25, 2010, 04:51:26 PM »
Hey I just thought I would mention that the 5th episode of Phoenix Wright is up on the Wiiware service. It costs 100 wii points.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #3308 on: May 25, 2010, 04:54:29 PM »
Hey I just thought I would mention that the 5th episode of Phoenix Wright is up on the Wiiware service. It costs 100 wii points.

Cool, but why didn't Nintendo ever mention that (if they did, I certainly missed it)?  :confused;
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #3309 on: May 25, 2010, 04:59:35 PM »
Cool, but why didn't Nintendo ever mention that (if they did, I certainly missed it)?  :confused;

Because it's DLC for an existing game.  Nintendo didn't announced when MM9/10 content was released either.  They also fail to mention RB/GH song releases.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #3310 on: May 25, 2010, 05:15:42 PM »
But Nintendo of Europe announced in in their weekly update a few weeks ago.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #3311 on: May 25, 2010, 05:23:11 PM »
Does it really matter why Nintendo did or did not mention DLC in the updates. The game is out. All this other stuff shouldn't matter.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #3312 on: May 25, 2010, 05:32:25 PM »
Does it really matter why Nintendo did or did not mention DLC in the updates. The game is out. All this other stuff shouldn't matter.

Well, how are people supposed to know that the DLC is magically available for purchase if no one tells them?  Yeah, it's great that it's out, but I wouldn't have known if I hadn't entered this specific topic today.  Seriously, this is a problem exclusive to Nintendo, as both of the other platforms have no issue letting their customers know when DLC is available.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #3313 on: May 25, 2010, 05:41:52 PM »
Just because Nintendo does or doesn't mention it in their updates doesn't mean other companies don't.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3314 on: May 25, 2010, 07:09:02 PM »
Either way it is a communication failure if people are not finding out about it who are eagerly waiting for it's release. I only found out about it because of this thread as well.
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #3315 on: May 25, 2010, 07:34:07 PM »
It's all a part of Nintendo's plan to stop DLC from becoming the standard.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #3316 on: May 25, 2010, 08:24:34 PM »
I just got home, and while I'm not going to play it tonight I did purchase the extra episode.  It sits as its own option in the game menu once you select a save file.  What confuses me, though, is that the game is quite specific that this data will overwrite your main game data if you save.  So does that mean it works like every other episode and just overwrites your case progress, or does it also overwrite your case unlocks?   :confused;   It's probably the former, but the game isn't specific.

What pisses me off, though, is that the download was 1 whole block.  It's an unlock code.  Ordinarily that wouldn't bother me that much, but in this case it's been sitting on my SD card locked for several months.  Then when the unlock code finally gets released, no official word about it goes out through channels most people would actually be aware of.  Are you kidding me?

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #3317 on: May 25, 2010, 08:29:18 PM »
Yeah, it's probably is just an unlock code since 1 block is about 128KB.

Offline TheBlackCat

• View Profile
« Reply #3318 on: May 26, 2010, 04:42:36 PM »
Did anyone else notice the similarities between Kirby Super Star and Smash Brothers?  The hand boss has many attacks similar to master hand, it's boss rush mode is very similar to that of Smash Brothers, even  the winged boss final final boss has similar attacks to its smash bros counterpart.
-Jeff Raskin

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #3319 on: May 26, 2010, 06:09:22 PM »
Not a surprise really when you consider that the developer of Kirby Super Star is HAL Laboratory, who also made Super Smash Bros. and Super Smash Bros. Melee/

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #3320 on: May 31, 2010, 11:29:29 AM »
Temperatures aren't the only thing heating up this season as Nintendo celebrates the unofficial onset of summer with another round of red-hot game downloads. May has been an especially big month for the Nintendo DSiWare service, with notable recent releases such as Photo Dojo, Frogger Returns and Metal Torrent. This week's additions keep the momentum going strong with awesome hand-held games like X-Scape and Hero of Sparta. X-Scape is developed by Q Games, the same team that created Trajectile and Starship Defense. (Also, remember that Photo Dojo is available for zero Nintendo DSi Points through June 10. The game will require 200 Nintendo DSi Points for download as of June 11.) Of course, Wii owners have plenty to be excited about too: New offerings include a Ben 10 Alien Force adventure for the WiiWare service and the Virtual Console debut of a classic cowboy shooter from the Super NES era.

It's also time to announce a new addition to the "Big Name Games" section of the WarioWare: D.I.Y. series, which features downloadable microgames from some of the industry's most talented figures. Created by Nintendo Power magazine staffer Steve Thomason, this week's featured game, Revenge, puts an unusual spin on familiar characters from the Mushroom Kingdom. New "Big Name Games" will be added every Monday through July 26, all available to download for zero Nintendo DSi Points to anyone with broadband Internet access and a copy of either WarioWare: D.I.Y. for the Nintendo DS family of systems or WarioWare: D.I.Y. Showcase software for the WiiWare service. Visit the Nintendo Channel on your Wii system today to learn more about these games.

Nintendo DSiWare

X-Scape
ESRB Rating: E10+ (Everyone 10 and Older) - Mild Fantasy Violence
Description: Your journey through the universe of X-Scape begins as you wake from 10 years of cryosleep, only to find yourself unexpectedly thrown into a fearsome battle against an evil empire bent on your destruction. You'll travel to numerous planets in the Kiisa system and engage in a wide variety of challenges (including optional side quests) in your fight for survival. At your command is VIXIV, an advanced battle tank able to deftly maneuver on land or in the air while loaded with an array of formidable weapons. To help with advice or upgrades to VIXIV's abilities, you've also got your highly capable support bot, VIX-529. Use the touch screen to pilot VIXIV in one of two modes: tunnel mode and free-movement mode. In tunnel mode, you'll navigate through narrow, dangerous tunnels that connect planets. Successful completion of tunnel mode opens free-movement mode, which allows you to freely roam the surfaces of planets and take up missions. Presented in 3-D with a stylishly retro graphic presentation, X-Scape combines continuous action with an epic story to create an experience that's sure to keep players on the edge of their seats.

Hero of Sparta
Publisher: Gameloft
ESRB Rating: T (Teen) - Blood, Violence
Description: You wake up alone on an unknown beach to find your boat and entire fleet missing. It's the beginning of an epic odyssey to find out just what game the gods are playing with you, King Argos. Your fate now lies in their hands. Battle like the fierce Spartan warrior you are to avoid a tragic death as you journey through mythical lands and even probe the depths of the Underworld. You will fight the most phenomenal monsters from mythology, defy Minotaurs and the Cyclops, and challenge the gods themselves. Unleash your hero's special powers by performing combos to defeat legions of enemies in thrilling fights. You'll have fabulous equipment and four mythic weapons to upgrade: draw your mythic swords, axe and shield. Fight, explore and solve puzzles - this is more than a basic hack-and-slash. Use the exclusive camera feature to collect epic pictures and become a real hero yourself.

A Topsy Turvy Life: The Turvys Strike Back
Publisher: Tecmo Koei
Players: 1-2
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) - Mild Fantasy Violence
Description: Turn your Nintendo DSi system upside-down and play as the Imperial Armada out to destroy the Earth Defense Force in this topsy-turvy take on arcade shooters. You control the unsung forces of arcade shooters past with three kinds of ships, including giant bosses. Draw a line to send the fighters down. Touch the guards to make them shoot. Make your boss ship fire multiple weapons, including an enormous blast that destroys everything in its way. Two players can even battle each other on one Nintendo DSi system. Will the Earth Defense Force win again? Or will the Imperial Armada find victory at last?

Telegraph Sudoku & Kakuro
Publisher: Sanuk Games
Description: Play number puzzles from the Telegraph like you've never played them before. Discover a whopping 500 puzzles of multiple types. You're in for many hours of game play. The game includes Sudoku (classic 9x9 sudoku grids with four levels of difficulty), Mini-Sudoku (easier 6x6 grids), Sudoku-X (9x9 grids in which the diagonals must also be filled with all numerals from 1 to 9), Jigsaw Sudoku (9x9 grids with uncommon box shapes) and Kakuro. With its handy interface and intuitive controls, Kakuro transfigures the classic pen-and-paper experience. Notable features include registration of best times in the Hall of Fame, interactive hints to prevent you from getting stuck and an Autosave option to stop and resume a puzzle at any time.

WiiWare

Ben 10 Alien Force: The Rise of Hex
Publisher: Konami
ESRB Rating: E10+ (Everyone 10 and Older) - Cartoon Violence
Price: 1,000 Wii Points
Description: Ben 10 Alien Force: The Rise of Hex follows Ben Tennyson as he finds himself in the middle of Hex's villainous plan to control the Earth. Using the powers of the Omnitrix, players can transform Ben into 10 different alien forms including Big Chill, Spider Monkey and, for the first time ever, Lodestar. Choose from 10 different aliens to platform your way through 15 levels, completing puzzle challenges along the way. Fight menacing villains and bosses in Ben's newest adventure. Experience the world of Ben 10 Alien Force with 3-D characters set in a vibrant, 2-D-styled environment.

Voodoo Dice
Publisher: Ubisoft
Description: Mixing action and puzzle mechanics in a 3-D world, Voodoo Dice is an innovative, challenging puzzler that invites you to solve puzzles in unique and interesting ways. Encounter a funny and original universe with great style and distinctive vibes. Travel between different maps, defeat your enemies and solve enigmas.

Robocalypse - Beaver Defense
Publisher: Vogster Entertainment
ESRB Rating: T (Teen) - Cartoon Violence, Crude Humor, Suggestive Themes
Price: 600 Wii Points
Description: Set in a world of wisecracking, battling robots, Robocalypse - Beaver Defense offers madcap weaponry and uproarious destruction in a "tower defense"-style game. Players must create and strategically position towers to annihilate waves of enemy robots, while player-controlled Hero robots act as mobile weapons units, bringing heavy firepower to all areas of the battlefield. Players can experience the hilarious Story Mode or face the Beaver's never-ending supply of robots in Survival Mode.

Virtual Console

Wild Guns
Original platform: Super NES
Publisher: Natsume
Players: 1-2
ESRB Rating: T (Teen) - Animated Violence
Price: 800 Wii Points
Description: Discover the wildest West you've ever seen in this action-packed third-person shooter. The Kid gang and their army of robots have taken over the town. The only ones who can stop them are Clint, a tough-as-nails bounty hunter, and Annie, a beautiful-but-deadly woman with a serious score to settle. Blast your way through villainous outlaws, diabolical robots and towering, screen-filling bosses. Play by yourself or with a friend at your side in the two-player co-op mode. You'll need a sharp eye and quick-on-the-draw reflexes. Fortunately, you've got plenty of moves to help you survive the hail of bullets heading your way. You can dive-roll, jump, double-jump, rope enemies with a lasso and clear the screen with explosive special attacks. Blast apart just about everything in the environment to find guns, bombs and other hidden power-ups. It's up to you to bring justice back to town - or whatever's left of the town when the gun smoke clears.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3321 on: May 31, 2010, 06:15:05 PM »
Wild Guns?!? I've wanted to try that game for the longest time. Nice.
My Game Collection

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #3322 on: June 07, 2010, 04:27:32 PM »
NINTENDO DOWNLOAD: FUR, FINS AND FIERY TAILS BRING FEROCIOUS FUN TO NINTENDO FANS

June 7, 2010

From tidying up the galaxy to trying out life as a meerkat, this week's new game downloads from Nintendo offer a wealth of wonderfully unusual activities. For the Nintendo DSiWare service, Flametail invites players to incinerate all manner of space garbage, while Don't Cross The Line puts timeless puzzle-solving thrills in the palms of their hands. Also, Nintendo DSiWare users have just a few more days to download the hilarious hand-held battle game Photo Dojo for zero Nintendo DSi Points. (Starting June 11, the game will require 200 Nintendo DSi Points for download.) Meanwhile, fresh additions to the WiiWare service include the new fishing-simulation sequel Reel Fishing Challenge II and the furry fun of Lead the Meerkats.

A new week also brings a new addition to the "Big Name Games" section of the WarioWare: D.I.Y. series, which features downloadable microgames from some of the industry's most talented figures. Nintendo Power magazine staffer Chris Hoffman is the creator of this week's featured game, Power Surge, which asks players to locate and match various Nintendo Power staffers. New "Big Name Games" will be added every Monday through July 26, all available to download for zero Nintendo DSi Points to anyone with broadband Internet access and a copy of either WarioWare: D.I.Y. for the Nintendo DS family of systems or WarioWare: D.I.Y. Showcase software for the WiiWare service. Visit the Nintendo Channel on your Wii system today to learn more about these games.

Nintendo DSiWare

Flametail
Description: The year is 2099, and the solar system is littered with space junk. Our best hope for a tidier cosmos is to send the Flametail incinerator pod from planet to planet for a little fiery cleanup. Take control of the Flametail pod and start winding your way through obstacles, then watch as your flaming tail ignites blocks of troublesome debris and eventually eliminates them. Be careful not to work yourself into a dead end, and don't let the hazard line that follows you catch up to your tail or reach any leftover garbage. Luckily, you can find useful items (such as bombs or score multipliers) along your path and earn special power-ups (like radar or a missile) by collecting letter panels to spell particular words. Effectively burn up the floating garbage in the game's two modes - Space Tour and Time Limit - and earn new graphics and other surprises as you progress. The straightforward controls make it possible for anyone to take on the job of restoring space to pristine condition. Do you have what it takes to make your way to the outer reaches of the solar system?

Don't Cross The Line
Publisher: Aksys Games
Description: Don't Cross The Line is a puzzle game in which the player must connect lines to various boxes, from one identical box to another, without crossing the lines they draw in the process. There are roughly 50 stages in all. Depending on how quickly you complete each stage, you'll be awarded with a bronze, silver or gold award. To unlock additional stages, players must achieve a certain ranking in previous stages. Can you outwit the puzzles at hand and receive gold awards all around?

Fire Panic
Publisher: Playtainment
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) - Mild Cartoon Violence
Description: As a futuristic firefighter in Fire Panic, you face the continuous challenge of extinguishing more and more fires that keep flaring up. To do this, use your Nintendo DSi stylus to mark the fastest route for your fire engine to reach each blaze. The engine will follow the line you draw and automatically douse each fire it passes along the way. It's a thrilling experience every time you play.

Flips: The Magic Faraway Tree
Publisher: Electronic Arts
Description: Jo, Bessie and Fanny take their cousin Rick on an adventure he'll never forget to the magic Faraway Tree, where he meets Moon-Face, Silky the fairy and Saucepan Man. They visit all the different lands at the top of the Faraway Tree, including the Land of Spells, the crazy Land of Topsy-Turvy and the Land of Do-As-You-Please, where the children ride a runaway train. The new Flips range brings modern classics to the Nintendo DSiWare service. Readers can collect, solve, interact and learn as they progress through various stories and challenges.

WiiWare

Reel Fishing Challenge II
Publisher: Natsume Inc.
Price: 500 Wii Points
Description: Reel Fishing is back! This sequel to the smash-hit fishing game takes you to a pristine new freshwater environment teeming with fish that look and move just like the real thing. You'll go after these wily lunkers with a huge variety of lures and refined controls that provide the most natural and realistic fishing action yet. You'll need every advantage you can get as Reel Fishing Challenge II's 30 varied missions put your angling abilities to the ultimate test. This stunning, true-to-life fishing experience will have you hooked.

Lead the Meerkats
Publisher: Lapland Studio
ESRB Rating: E10+ (Everyone 10 and Older) - Animated Blood, Mild Violence
Description: In Lead the Meerkats, you are a young meerkat with a lot to accomplish. You've been separated from your pack, and the time has come for you to form your own meerkat pack. Are you ready for the challenge? Name your pack and its meerkats. Dig burrow networks and enlarge your territory. Forage for food and grow your pack size. Stay on guard and be ready to make quick decisions. Run to the safety of the burrows or fight your enemies. Go head-to-head with a rival meerkat pack. Lead your pack to victory and rule the savanna. Lead the Meerkats is the first game to simulate the exciting life of meerkats, offering fun game play for animal lovers of all ages.

Zoo Disc Golf
Publisher: Sonalysts, Inc.
Description: Each zoo enclosure is a "hole" in the Zoo Disc Golf course. The objective of the game is to get your disc into each "goal" using the fewest number of throws - the "goal" being the Emergency Animal Control station in each enclosure. A throw of the disc is equivalent to a stroke in golf and counts as one point. Available characters are the Rockhopper Penguin, Kangaroo, Panda and Meerkat. The Zoo Disc Golf course is made up of 18 holes. Each player is allowed a maximum of 10 strokes on each hole. When players reach 10 strokes, they move to the next hole with those 10 points added to their score.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3323 on: June 08, 2010, 05:13:20 AM »
Lead the Meerkats actually sounds pretty cool. If it's executed well enough it could be a fun title.
My Game Collection

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #3324 on: June 08, 2010, 09:22:25 AM »
I haven't played it, but i've heard other describe it as basically a Pikmin clone. Considering how good both Pikmin games are, I would not consider that a bad thing.