Author Topic: Official Virtual Console Mondays Thread  (Read 718127 times)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: Official Virtual Console Mondays Thread
« Reply #3125 on: November 24, 2009, 01:12:03 PM »
Lode Runner... I think I remember playing that when I was younger.

Bit trip Beat is an interesting concept that I might want to try out.

Bit Trip Beat is to Pong what Space Invaders Extreme is to the original Space Invaders.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #3126 on: November 24, 2009, 04:02:13 PM »
I have Lode Runner on the NES and I don't really understand what you're supposed to do in that game. Some of the levels just seem impossible. Lode Runner 3D for the Nintendo 64 is even more complex and confusing...

I played the demo of Bit.Trip Beat and it bored me. I think that its appeal is mostly for people who like retro throwbacks.

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3127 on: November 29, 2009, 06:31:41 PM »
Funny enough I didn't made the connection to pong until now, I really liked the gameplay and the music I guess.

In lode runner you are supposed to get all the sand/gold/whatever that is while avoiding the little bomberman-like enemies. early stages are simple but later it becomes an extremely complex puzzle, in which you have to be careful what holes to open in the floor to not get stucked. also the bad guys will always follow you in the same pattern so you have to use that to your advantage. Sometimes they become platforms for you to walk over.

Its more a puzzle than anything else, think of something like chip's challenge or sokoban.
"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #3128 on: November 30, 2009, 09:31:51 AM »
Today's games
For Wiiware we have Tales of Monkey Island:Chapter 4 for 1,000 points
My Zoo for 500 points
Copter Crisis for 500 points
Christmas Clix for 1,000 points

For DSiware we have Foto Face:The Face Stealer Strikes for 800 points.
Bookworm for 500 points.
Master of Illusion Express: Mindprobe for 200 points
Suduko Challenge for 500 points.

On the VC we have The Combatribes for the SNES and it costs 800 points.
Finally we have the Arcade verion of Solomon's Key and it costs 600 points.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 09:43:28 AM by Maxi »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #3129 on: November 30, 2009, 06:25:30 PM »
For what it's worth, Nintendolife.com recommends just getting the NES version of Solomon's Key. It's 100 points cheaper (500) and they say they don't notice any difference between the 2 versions.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #3130 on: December 03, 2009, 03:21:34 PM »
Along with Swords & Soldiers (surprisingly hard); Bit.Trip Beat (incredibly hard); Bit.Trip Core (unbelievably hard); I also picked up the SNES Indiana Jones Greatest Adventures the other day.  The music's great and I do still enjoy playing the game like I did back in the day, but man how did I ever get through this game as a kid?  Right now, I can't even get through the second level (the boulder run), something that seems to be a theme right now.  *eyes Beat and Core*
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3131 on: December 03, 2009, 06:15:18 PM »
Swords and Soldiers is leh awesome game.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #3132 on: December 03, 2009, 06:18:19 PM »

It's definitely a cool game, just not one that plays to my strategic style.  I usually like to build up a force, upgrade them, and then attack.  With Sword and Soldiers, though, you're constantly on attack or you leave yourself unable to defend because you can't control your units.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #3133 on: December 03, 2009, 08:03:34 PM »
I'm in the same boat as broodwars--I store up units and then annihilate my opponent in one fell swoop.

Case in point:  I killed every single solitary enemy the first time I played through Star Craft and Brood Wars.  If you're familiar with the game--and I assume broodwars is ;D--you know this is no easy task.  Several missions are designed to force you to sneak around the main enemy force and attack their base from behind; I did not do this.  Instead, I wiped out every living being in every single mission of the game.  It took me forever, but that was my play style.

ANYWAY, Swords & Soldiers forced me to completely change the way I play strategy games.  I enjoyed it very much.  It was a fresh experience.  Since you're so hands-off with your units it's almost more like a tower defense game than a strategy game.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #3134 on: December 03, 2009, 08:29:30 PM »
I'm in the same boat as broodwars--I store up units and then annihilate my opponent in one fell swoop.

Case in point:  I killed every single solitary enemy the first time I played through Star Craft and Brood Wars.  If you're familiar with the game--and I assume broodwars is ;D

You know, it's ironic but I'm actually not that big a fan of StarCraft or its expansion, especially online where everyone rushes.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #3135 on: December 04, 2009, 08:09:22 AM »

It's definitely a cool game, just not one that plays to my strategic style.  I usually like to build up a force, upgrade them, and then attack.  With Sword and Soldiers, though, you're constantly on attack or you leave yourself unable to defend because you can't control your units.

I did that back when I was new to RTSes but I also tended to have tons of resources floating and only won against my friends because they were similarly bad. Once I learned how to play tightly I completely dominated them while they were screaming "no rush! no rush!" (I wasn't rushing, I just spend all the money on units, none of that floating 30k credits in RA2 nonsense, I was actually econ-booming IIRC).

You can do a slow buildup in S&S (focus on buying workers or maybe on getting certain techs up ASAP) or a fast rush (fewer workers, more units), you just can't play loosely.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #3136 on: December 04, 2009, 05:05:36 PM »
Sunsoft announced today that their NES game Blaster Master (well known for it's brutal difficulty, even by NES standards) will be released on the Virtual Console this month. It's the first game they will publish in North America since 2001's "Blaster Master: Blasting Again".
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #3137 on: December 04, 2009, 07:46:35 PM »
Sunsoft announced today that their NES game Blaster Master (well known for it's brutal difficulty, even by NES standards) will be released on the Virtual Console this month. It's the first game they will publish in North America since 2001's "Blaster Master: Blasting Again".

Yay!  Blaster Master is one of my All Time Favorite NES games!   :)

The game's hard as hell, though, and I never did get beyond around the 4th-5th level or so.  But that's rather typical of most NES games I played back in the day.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #3138 on: December 07, 2009, 08:27:54 AM »
Today's games

For DSiware we have Rayman for 800 points
Ball Fighter for 500 points.
Pop island for 500 points.
Army Defender for 200 points.
My NoteBook:Red for 200 points.

For Wiiware we have My Dolphin for 500 points.
Magnitis for 500 points.
Stop Stress:A Day of Fury for 800 points.
Flowerworks for 1000 points.

On the VC we have Street Fighter Alpha 2 for 800 points.
Finally we have Shinobi for 800 points.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #3139 on: December 07, 2009, 08:55:35 AM »
Nice lineup. Why is Pop Island out in the US first when it was made by a Frenchman?

Offline Seacor

• Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #3140 on: December 07, 2009, 10:01:31 AM »
Damn!  I was hoping for My NoteBook:Caribbean Green
"Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die."

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #3141 on: December 08, 2009, 05:37:22 PM »
A trailer released today confirmed that next Monday (December 14) will include the WiiWare game "Rubik's Puzzle Galaxy: Rush".

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #3142 on: December 13, 2009, 09:06:26 PM »
I don't pay attention to this thread much, so someone (I'm looking at you maxi) please send me a PM (your specialty maxi :P) when Chakan: The Forever Man gets released, please.

My cousin and I were talking today about all our childhood gaming memories and that game came up.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #3143 on: December 13, 2009, 09:24:06 PM »
I don't pay attention to this thread much, so someone (I'm looking at you maxi) please send me a PM (your specialty maxi :P) when Chakan: The Forever Man gets released, please.

My cousin and I were talking today about all our childhood gaming memories and that game came up.
You know dispite me being a SNES player during that era I have played Chaken:The Forever Man. It is a pretty good game. Sure I'll let you know.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #3144 on: December 13, 2009, 10:22:55 PM »

You know dispite me being a SNES player during that era I have played Chaken:The Forever Man. It is a pretty good game. Sure I'll let you know.

Sweet thanks! I just remember it being hard and we never came close to beating it which according to that link, its pretty much impossible and WORTHLESS Bust i still wanna try..
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #3145 on: December 14, 2009, 03:31:19 PM »
NINTENDO DOWNLOAD: 11 NEW DOWNLOADS BLAST THEIR WAY TO NINTENDO SYSTEMS

Dec. 14, 2009

The first of this week's new Virtual Console releases gives new meaning to the term "underground legend," sending players down a mysterious manhole for a classic subterranean adventure. Another fine addition to the Virtual Console section of the Wii Shop Channel features the iconic hero Earthworm Jim in a fun-packed sequel from the SEGA Genesis era. For the Nintendo DSiWare service, a slate of five new games includes everything from the pets of LITTLEST PET SHOP to animated puzzles, cooking and magic tricks. For fans of the WiiWare service, fast-paced stunt driving and Moki-herding mayhem are among the latest arrivals. Whether you're downloading for yourself or seeking cool, convenient gifts for everyone on your holiday list, look no further than the Wii Shop Channel and Nintendo DSi Shop for instant gratification.

Virtual Console

Blaster Master
Original platform: NES
Publisher: Sunsoft
Players: 1
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) - Mild Fantasy Violence
Price: 500 Wii Points
Description: The New York sewers were never like this. You've fallen down a hidden manhole into a world of creatures so terrifying they'd scare the rats away. You can panic and perish, or blast your way through an endless maze of tunnels in search of secret passages to your escape. Masters of the Caverns lay waiting - prehistoric creatures so powerful and gigantic they literally fill your screen. Load your arsenal and get ready for Blaster Master.

Earthworm Jim 2
Original platform: SEGA Genesis
Publisher: Interplay
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) - Cartoon Violence
Price: 800 Wii Points
Description: Superhero annelid Jim and his new sidekick, Snott, are back for an off-the-wall sequel in Earthworm Jim 2. Containing more action than your standard platformer from the Genesis era, each stage has a different style and mission, drawing on game play from different genres, including mazes, trivia contests and arcade-style levels. The game also features music composed by Tommy Tallarico. Do you have what it takes to rescue the Princess?

Nintendo DSiWare

LITTLEST PET SHOP
Publisher: Electronic Arts
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone)
Price: 800 Nintendo DSi Points
Description: Experience your favorite LITTLEST PET SHOP pets in a whole new way on your Nintendo DSi system.  Play catch with your pets and their favorite toys, dress them up in adorable new accessories and keep them happy by brushing and feeding them. You can even throw a little dance party for your pets and help them rock out to cool songs.

Miami Nights
Publisher: Gameloft
ESRB Rating: T (Teen) - Comic Mischief, Mild Suggestive Themes, Tobacco Reference, Use of Alcohol
Description: You won't find a more complete life simulation than Miami Nights: Life in the Spotlight. Begin by designing your avatar with an unbelievable level of customizable physical detail. But it's not your physique that counts. Instead, your life choices and your everyday behavior will influence more than 40 attributes that will make you a unique, progressive individual. The city of Miami is presented to you with no fewer than 30 places to explore. Plus, you'll be able to customize your entire home and interact with your environment in many ways. The most important part of the game play lies in how you interact with other characters. They will be the ones who'll help you achieve your goals. You'll be able to establish and break off different types of relationships with them. It's up to you to act like a bad guy or sweet girl, make friends or enemies, and choose the best way - honest or otherwise - to make your dreams become a reality.

Bejeweled Twist
Publisher: PopCap Games
Players: 1-2
Price: 500 Nintendo DSi Points
Description: Spin, match, explode - it's a brilliant new way to play. Spin and match explosive gems for shockwaves of fun in this quick-play version of the award-winning PopCap game. Rotate jewels to set up electrifying combos, outwit obstacles like Locks and Bombs, and create high-voltage Flame and Lightning gems. Play the intensely fun Classic mode or take on a friend in the exclusive Nintendo DS Battle mode. No matter how you play, you'll find endless ways to win.

Yummy Yummy Cooking Jam
Publisher: Virtual Toys
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) - Comic Mischief
Description: Have you ever asked yourself what it would feel like to be among the stoves of the best restaurants in the world? Do you want to become the best chef there is, preparing scrumptious dishes? Jump right in and enter the world of Yummy Yummy and its mixture of flavors and aromas. In Yummy Yummy, you'll have to satisfy the hunger of the most diverse, colorful set of diners: vampires, extraterrestrials, mafia thugs, Vikings and more. Prepare hot dogs, hamburgers, pizzas and Mexican burritos as quickly as you can before your customers get tired of waiting and decide to leave the restaurant without giving you a good tip. Roll up your sleeves, don your chef's hat and have a great time.

Master of Illusion Express: Matchmaker
Publisher: Nintendo
Price: 200 Nintendo DSi Points
Description: Master of Illusion Express titles feature mind-boggling magic tricks that you can perform with your Nintendo DSi system. Learn the illusions, practice up and amaze your friends. Master of Illusion Express: Matchmaker includes two tricks that use your Nintendo DSi system to reveal information about others. Use the Photo Diagnosis trick and stun others by taking two simple photos to pinpoint their exact age. Or have the Matchmaker trick show that another person has favorite dates or favorite foods that are similar to yours. Who knows? You could even land a date or make a new friend.

WiiWare

Stunt Cars
Publisher: Icon Games Entertainment
Players: 1-4
Description: Stunt Cars takes place on elevated racetracks with very little to stop players from accidentally driving off the side. Turbo can be used to make a car go faster, but it can only be used for a limited amount of time in each race. As you progress through the game's four championship cups, you'll unlock special features such as driver achievement awards.

Diatomic
Publisher: Grendel Games
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) - Mild Fantasy Violence
Description: Diatomic is a fast retro-arcade action game that takes place inside a set of petri dishes. The safe confines of your petri dish are about to be invaded by nine different diatomic creatures that seek to destroy you. Armed with your shield, tail, strategic intelligence and good reflexes, you stand a good chance of defeating the overwhelming odds. You must stay alive during 65 hectic stages spread over five chapters. The high score list shows what kind of player you are. Playing defensively and gaining an all-out defensive high score is harder to pull off than gaining an all-out offensive high score.

Moki Moki
Publisher: Natsume Inc.
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) - Comic Mischief
Description: It's a mind-bending, gravity-defying puzzler. The Moki are being devoured by the voracious Gromblins, and it's up to you to guide the hapless little guys to safety. Bend, twist and rotate the environment to herd the Moki through a series of brain-teasing puzzles. Along the way, you'll have to contend with deadly pitfalls, spinning blades and shifting gravity. Roll Moki down ramps, grab them with hooks and blast them with jets to guide them safely to the portals. Challenge your skills in 100 unique levels.

Rubik's Puzzle Galaxy: RUSH
Publisher: Two Tribes
Price: 600 Wii Points
Description: Rubik's Puzzle Galaxy: RUSH is a 3-D puzzle game with more than 70 challenging levels. Players need to guide Cubes to color-coded exit points. Using the Wii Remoteā„¢ controller's intuitive controls, players herd the colored cubes along by using Conveyer Belts, Warps, Stop Signs, Directional Signs and Splits. RUSH also includes the original Rubik's Cube as a bonus. Players can attempt to solve one of the four different-sized Cubes alone, compete against a second player or learn how to solve the classic Rubik's Cube.

Nintendo adds new titles to the Nintendo DSi Shop and the Wii Shop Channel at 9 a.m. Pacific time on Mondays. Users with broadband Internet access can redeem Wii Points or Nintendo DSi Points to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel. Nintendo DSi Points can be purchased in the Nintendo DSi Shop. A Nintendo Points Card can be purchased at retail locations. All points from one Nintendo Points Card must be redeemed in either the Nintendo DSi Shop or the Wii Shop Channel. They are not transferable and cannot be divided between the two systems.

Remember that both Wii and Nintendo DSi feature parental controls that let adults manage the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit Wii.com or NintendoDSi.com.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #3146 on: December 21, 2009, 09:44:58 AM »
NINTENDO DOWNLOAD: 500TH DOWNLOADABLE WII GAME MAKES FOR A SMASHING HOLIDAY SEASON

Dec. 21, 2009

Deck the halls with downloadable fun this week as Nintendo offers 11 new games to engage and entertain everyone in the household. Among this week's highlights is the Virtual Console debut of the original Super Smash Bros. game, bringing the total of downloadable games for the WiiWare and Virtual Console services to a fabulous 500 and featuring a host of beloved characters from across the Nintendo universe. New WiiWare offerings include the Earth-conscious action game Eco Shooter: Plant 530 and a sequel to the quiz-lovers' favorite TV Show King. For Nintendo DSiWare fans, fresh arrivals include hand-held versions of the card-table classic UNO and the pioneering arcade game Dragon's Lair. For rollicking multiplayer fun, mellow single-player diversions and everything in-between, Nintendo's got you covered for the holidays and beyond.

Virtual Console

Super Smash Bros.
Original platform: Nintendo 64
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) - Cartoon Violence
Price: 1,000 Wii Points
Description: Choose from an all-star cast of Nintendo characters in a frantic melee to prove who will be the ultimate brawler. Utilize the easy-to-learn but hard-to-master controls and battle it out in the single-player mode, earning point bonuses and unlocking hidden characters along the way. Enter VS Mode to take on up to three other players simultaneously. Inflict damage using each character's unique set of special moves, familiar items and power-ups, eventually winning by knocking your opponents off the screen in one of the interactive stages, each with a Nintendo theme. Need a moment to catch your breath? Polish your skills in Training Mode or destroy targets in Bonus Stages specific to each character. Are you ready to test your mettle against all comers, including the powerful Master Hand?

NINJA GAIDEN
Original platform: Arcade
Publisher: TECMO
ESRB Rating: E10+ (Everyone 10 and Older) - Alcohol Reference, Suggestive Themes, Violence
Price: 600 Wii Points
Description: Take control of a ninja, master of the Five Ninja Fighting Arts of assassination passed down since the chaotic times of feudal Japan, and enter "Jungle," a terrifying American city, to crush waves of foes who are part of an assassination syndicate. Use three buttons to execute exciting moves like the Flying Neck Throw, the Hang Kick and the Triple Blow Combination. Each stage is based around popular Western misconceptions about ninja and Japan, making the game world a fantastic mix of ninja and American pop culture. Game settings such as the starting number of player characters and the difficulty level can also be adjusted.

WiiWare

Eco Shooter: Plant 530
ESRB Rating: E10+ (Everyone 10 and Older) - Fantasy Violence
Description: Earth's empty cans have been brought to life by the Cannoids, an alien race determined to destroy the planet. Only Mack, a technician from the recycling facility Plant 530, stands in their way as Earth's last line of defense. Step into Mack's shoes in this guided first-person shooter as he takes on the invading aliens with only his trusty recycle cannon and a can-do attitude. Blast and vacuum (yes, vacuum) your way to victory, keeping in mind that every shot counts. Your ammo also doubles as your health, and every enemy you destroy leaves behind Can Energy that you can vacuum up and use as ammo. Uncomplicated controls (including optional use of the Wii Zapper accessory) give everyone the chance to save the planet, while advanced tactics like consecutive hit combos and the tough Challenge mode give even the best players a run for their money. Are you ready to step up and put a dent in their cans?

TV Show King 2
ESRB Rating: E10+ (Everyone 10 and Older) - Drug Reference
Description: TV Show King is back for a second round. There are 8,000 questions sorted into 12 categories on the program, including general knowledge, sports, movies, music and more. And that's without counting the questions that you can create yourself. Here's everything you need to compete with your friends, or with players all over the world thanks to Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection.

Pallurikio
Publisher: Playstos Entertainment
Description: Jump and roll with Pallurikio, a fast-paced action platformer that's easy to pick up yet challenging to master. While playing a mysterious board game he found with his friends, Rusty is sucked into a dimensional vortex and finds himself in a mystical and wondrous world where he assumes the aspect of the round and bouncing Pallurikio. Using the Wii Remote controller, make Pallurikio jump and roll and help him find his way through more than 50 enticing levels while surviving all kinds of pitfalls and trickeries in Bakumbala Jungle, the far reaches of Palluro Prime and many other weird settings. Featuring physics simulation, Time Attack mode, collectible cards and space rockets to boot, Pallurikio is a game you won't want to miss.

Happy Holidays Christmas
Publisher: 505 Games
Price: 500 Wii Points
Description: Planning a Christmas party and want to grab guests' attention? Or want to send greeting cards without the hassle of licking stamps? Here's the solution: Create and send fun Christmas cards with this unique WiiWare application. Happy Holidays Christmas lets you make fun Christmas-themed e-cards and send them straight to friends' Wii consoles. Add a tree and decorations; choose frames, stickers and music; then write a message to friends you've registered in your Wii Address Book. It might not snow this Christmas, but with this fun new software your holiday is guaranteed to be a happy one.

Nintendo DSiWare

UNO
Description: Get ready to call out "UNO!" on your Nintendo DSi system. The world-famous card game has been faithfully reproduced for the Nintendo DSi system and features exciting new rules. With a multiplayer mode that can be accessed by local wireless play or with broadband Internet access and Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, playing UNO has never been so fun and easy, so be the first to get rid of all your cards.

Dragon's Lair
Publisher: Digital Leisure Inc.
ESRB Rating: E10+ (Everyone 10 and Older) - Animated Blood, Fantasy Violence, Mild Suggestive Themes
Description: You play the heroic Dirk the Daring, a valiant knight on a quest to rescue the fair princess from the clutches of an evil dragon. Control the actions of the daring adventurer and find your way through the castle of a dark wizard who has enchanted it with treacherous monsters and obstacles. In the mysterious caverns below the castle, your odyssey continues against the awesome forces that oppose your journey to the dragon's lair. Dragon's Lair is a fully animated classic arcade game from legendary animator Don Bluth.

Hot and Cold: A 3D Hidden Object Adventure
Publisher: Majesco Entertainment
Description: You're getting warm...warmer...hot! You've found Hot and Cold: A 3D Hidden Object Adventure, the new game that puts you on the job of finding people's missing stuff. A voice in your head tells you whether you're Hot or Cold when searching for things. Investigate cases all over town using your unique ability, and discover the secret behind the mysterious voice in your head. Throw objects out of your way, maneuver your way through a 3-D world, follow your Hot and Cold meter and more in this unparalleled hidden-object adventure.

High Stakes: Texas Hold'Em
Publisher: Hudson Entertainment
ESRB Rating: T (Teen) - Simulated Gambling
Description: Hudson proudly presents the definitive Texas Hold'Em game for Nintendo DSiWare with High Stakes Texas Hold'Em. High Stakes allows players of any level to enjoy Texas Hold'Em game play. The popular No-Limit rule set used in many tournaments is included, so anyone can play with the big boys. With the added functionality of DS Wireless Communications, players can compete with others and test their skills. It's the core Texas Hold'Em experience on your Nintendo DSi system - anytime, anywhere.

myNotebook: Green
Publisher: Nnooo
Price: 200 Nintendo DSi Points
Description: myNotebook allows you to take notes wherever you are. Just pop open your Nintendo DSi system and jot down your thoughts. Make a list and cross it off, or even play your favorite pen-and-paper games (games not included). You can even personalize your notebook by drawing on the cover and changing the paper type with 18 unlockable squared and lined paper styles. Use the pen or pencil to make your notes or doodles, then erase the bits you don't like. With five ink colors, you'll always be able to make your notes and doodles look stylish.

Dec. 21, 2009

Nintendo adds new titles to the Nintendo DSi Shop and the Wii Shop Channel at 9 a.m. Pacific time on Mondays. Users with broadband Internet access can redeem Wii Points or Nintendo DSi Points to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel. Nintendo DSi Points can be purchased in the Nintendo DSi Shop. A Nintendo Points Card can be purchased at retail locations. All points from one Nintendo Points Card must be redeemed in either the Nintendo DSi Shop or the Wii Shop Channel. They are not transferable and cannot be divided between the two systems.

Remember that both Wii and Nintendo DSi feature parental controls that let adults manage the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit Wii.com or NintendoDSi.com.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 10:07:54 AM by TJ Spyke »

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #3147 on: December 21, 2009, 09:48:43 AM »
Well, people can stop whining about Smash Bros. not being up on the VC now.  ::)

Hooray for another N64 release on the service, though.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #3148 on: December 21, 2009, 01:51:42 PM »
Wow. I'm tempted to get Smash Bros. just for nostalgiac purposes. But again I demand: Where the EFF is Castlevania Rebirth?
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #3149 on: December 21, 2009, 02:58:33 PM »
Probably saving it for the last update of the year.

SSB was a good game. Not the best in the series, but still fun.