Author Topic: Official Virtual Console Mondays Thread  (Read 718135 times)

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
Re: Official Virtual Console Mondays Thread
« Reply #2725 on: April 02, 2009, 11:29:47 AM »
I like the new look.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2726 on: April 13, 2009, 08:54:13 AM »
Todays games
For DSiware we have Mixed Messages it costs 500 Nintendo DSi points.
Master of Illusion Express:Shuffle Games for 200 DSi points.
On Wiiware we have Party Fun Pirate for 500 points.
On the VC we have Pitfall:The Mayan Adventure on the Genesis for 800 points.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2727 on: April 13, 2009, 10:01:22 AM »
No bubble bobble plus makes me a sad panda.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline D_Average

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2728 on: April 13, 2009, 11:12:37 AM »
Today's VC and WIiWare release proves the assertion that Nintendo doesn't know what the hell they're doing when they release these games.  Party Fun Pirates?  Now is not the time to play nice with pirates.
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: April 13, 2009, 11:42:29 AM »
Blame Tomy. The game's called Pop-Up Pirate! in PALland and is pretty much russian roulette.

Offline Mikintosh

• View Profile
« Reply #2730 on: April 13, 2009, 06:51:58 PM »
No Star Fox, but they will release the same crappy Pitfall game on two different systems.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #2731 on: April 13, 2009, 10:58:32 PM »
This weeks VC release is important for the fact that it is the first time Activision has supported it and only the second western publisher to support it (after Interplay). Hopefully others like Midway and Electronic Arts follow suit.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #2732 on: April 13, 2009, 11:09:34 PM »
How many non-licensed games do those companies have that they could put on the system? Weren't a lot of their old fare licensed? And I'm not counting N64 games since Nintendo seems to hate releasing even their own N64 titles on it.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #2733 on: April 13, 2009, 11:15:16 PM »
Midway alone has tons of games. Besides all the Mortal Kombat games (which Midway promised to release on the VC way back in March 2007, there are also tons of arcade games from them. Take a look at any of the Midway Arcade Treasures games for a good list. I know there are people who would also like to play EA's Mutant League Football and Mutant League Hockey games.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #2734 on: April 20, 2009, 08:14:18 AM »
DSi
Dr. Mario Express (Nintendo, 1 player, Rated E for Everyone, 500 Nintendo DSi Points™)
Master of Illusion Express: Deep Psyche (Nintendo, 1 player, Rated E for Everyone, 200 Nintendo DSi Points)

WiiWare
CRYSTAL DEFENDERS R1 (SQUARE ENIX, 1 player, Rated E for Everyone – Mild Fantasy Violence, 800 Wii Points™)

Virtual Console
Wonder Boy III: Monster Lair (Sega Genesis, 1-2 players, Rated E for Everyone – Mild Cartoon Violence, 900 Wii Points)

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #2735 on: April 20, 2009, 08:36:55 AM »
Whew, having the Swords & Soldiers interview show up on the Nintendo Channel made me worry you'd get that this week but all you got is a game that you can get in a pack with its two sequels on XBLA for 2$ more.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #2736 on: April 20, 2009, 08:42:53 AM »
Apparently the 360 version got bad reviews, because it's shallow and it's a mobile game(which is true).

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #2737 on: April 20, 2009, 05:47:00 PM »
Where the hell are Super Smash Bros. and The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask?

Offline D_Average

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2738 on: April 20, 2009, 06:38:00 PM »
Where the hell are Super Smash Bros., Stunt Race FX and The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask?

Fixed.
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #2739 on: April 20, 2009, 07:25:31 PM »
I wouldn't count on seeing Stunt Race FX. It didn't really make a splash back in the day and it has aged like a dirty sock.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #2740 on: April 20, 2009, 07:57:12 PM »
Also, my point was both of those games have come out in Japan (and one in PAL regions) but not here yet. Hell, Japan has had SSB for several months.

Offline Mikintosh

• View Profile
« Reply #2741 on: April 21, 2009, 10:27:23 PM »
I wouldn't count on seeing Stunt Race FX. It didn't really make a splash back in the day and it has aged like a dirty sock.

Since when do they care about original sales numbers? They sell Turbographx-16 games, for crying out loud.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2742 on: April 21, 2009, 11:02:58 PM »
Since when do they care about original sales numbers? They sell Turbographx-16 games, for crying out loud.
Nintendo might care, considering they have released very few of their lessor-known titles. But the biggest reason is that the game hasn't aged very well. If it does get released on the service it will be after they run out of good games.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2743 on: April 22, 2009, 05:05:24 PM »
Nintendo might care, considering they have released very few of their lessor-known titles. But the biggest reason is that the game hasn't aged very well. If it does get released on the service it will be after they run out of good games.

Kirby 64 didn't sell well to my recollection.

Why are we down to one game each on WW and VC? We used to get 3 a week. DSi Ware is not a good enough excuse. It may be their reason, but it is not a good excuse.
My Game Collection

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #2744 on: April 22, 2009, 05:20:42 PM »

The game sold 1.07 million copies just in Japan.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2745 on: April 22, 2009, 05:26:19 PM »

The game sold 1.07 million copies just in Japan.

I must be thinking of a different Kirby game then. Though Kirby 64 did come out near the end of the system's life. But then, a lot of Kirby games do come out near the end of a system's life.
My Game Collection

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #2746 on: April 22, 2009, 07:19:29 PM »
I must be thinking of a different Kirby game then. Though Kirby 64 did come out near the end of the system's life. But then, a lot of Kirby games do come out near the end of a system's life.

Indeed:

Kirby's Adventure came out on the NES in 1993, 2 years after the SNES was already out
Kirby Super Star came out on the SNES in 1996, in North America it actually came out about 1 week before the N64 launches
Kirby's Dream Land 3 came out on the SNES in 1997, in North America it came out 14 months after the N64 launched
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards came out on the N64 in 2000

So all 4 of the mainline Kirby games released on consoles have come in very late in the systems lifespan.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: April 22, 2009, 09:25:27 PM »
Nintendo might care, considering they have released very few of their lessor-known titles.
I just said "very few", I didn't say "none". Also, although each individual Kirby game might not sell very well, it is a long-running series and isn't something I'd call lessor-known. It may not be so popular, but it is still known.

Kirby games are awesome. I am sad they did not sell well as I still want Kirby's Dream Land 3, but I don't want to pay $40 for it.

Why are we down to one game each on WW and VC? We used to get 3 a week.
With WiiWare, I think they should stick with one or two games per week. Since they are new titles, they need to be in the spotlight to be appealing. With the VC, they should go back to 3 games a week. With the amount of systems supported and the possibility of even more, they could easily find three worthwhile games to release each week for many years to come.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: April 23, 2009, 03:44:36 AM »
Why are we down to one game each on WW and VC? We used to get 3 a week. DSi Ware is not a good enough excuse. It may be their reason, but it is not a good excuse.

Probably a lack of releasable WW games. Remember, the 2 per week speedup was during the christmas period and I wouldn't be surprised if they simply had more game releases to go through then.

With WiiWare, I think they should stick with one or two games per week. Since they are new titles, they need to be in the spotlight to be appealing. With the VC, they should go back to 3 games a week. With the amount of systems supported and the possibility of even more, they could easily find three worthwhile games to release each week for many years to come.

VC games end up on the same "new releases" screen as WW games, three VC games and one WW game per week would mean last week's releases are pushed off that page completely.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: April 27, 2009, 08:48:12 AM »

Nintendo DSiWare
Clubhouse Games Express: Card Classics (Nintendo, 1-8 players, Rated T for Teen - Simulated Gambling, 500 Nintendo DSi Points™)
Paper Airplane Chase™ (Nintendo, 1-2 players, Rated E for Everyone, 200 Nintendo DSi Points)

WiiWare
Cocoto Platform Jumper (Neko Entertainment, 1-4 players, Rated E for Everyone - Mild Cartoon Violence, 700 Wii Points)

Virtual Console
Nobunaga's Ambition (Super NES, 1-8 players, Rated E for Everyone - Violent References, 800 Wii Points)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO not another cocoto game, where is bubble bobble plus :(.