Author Topic: Official Virtual Console Mondays Thread  (Read 718135 times)

Offline D_Average

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Official Virtual Console Mondays Thread
« Reply #2600 on: February 03, 2009, 09:30:13 AM »
Murmurs are also confirming the snowboarding game has the worst AI in the history of video games..
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2601 on: February 03, 2009, 01:37:39 PM »
Murmurs are also confirming the snowboarding game has the worst AI in the history of video games..

Yeah check the IGN thread I made, it caused craig to throw the wii controller and supposedly he hasn't thrown a controller in 6 years.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline D_Average

• View Profile
« Reply #2602 on: February 03, 2009, 01:46:26 PM »

Yeah check the IGN thread I made, it caused craig to throw the wii controller and supposedly he hasn't thrown a controller in 6 years.

Nice.....

link?

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #2603 on: February 03, 2009, 04:53:11 PM »
Some people say the online is worth it though.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #2604 on: February 05, 2009, 01:18:55 PM »

Now he has to back to Control Throwers Anonymous.

Though other people have reported that the online multiplayer mode is really fun and there are a lot of people playing it. Plus it has a 'Snowboard Kids' vibe to it.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #2605 on: February 09, 2009, 09:26:01 AM »
Snowboard kids!?!? I LOVED that game..
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #2606 on: February 09, 2009, 10:22:55 AM »
Yeah Snowboard kids is awesome but Snowboard Riot is average at best.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #2607 on: February 09, 2009, 10:26:05 AM »

Damn :( I don't think i have SK for my 64 anymore, so replacing it with some sort of spiritual successor would of been awesome. I never did get Snowboard Kids 2 either, sigh.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #2608 on: February 09, 2009, 11:10:57 AM »

Damn :( I don't think i have SK for my 64 anymore, so replacing it with some sort of spiritual successor would of been awesome. I never did get Snowboard Kids 2 either, sigh.

Well you can always try to hunt down snowboard kids on DS

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #2609 on: February 09, 2009, 11:11:44 AM »
BTW this week looks like a bad week.

WiiWare

LIT (WayForward Technologies, 1 player, Rated E10+ for Everyone 10 and Older—Violence, 800 Wii Points): Dark creatures have taken over Jake's high school, and it's up to you to guide him through each classroom in order to be reunited with his girlfriend Rachael. Existing light sources must be used smartly to create bridges of light for Jake to cross. One false step and Jake gets pulled into the darkness. Along the way he'll encounter twisted versions of his school's faculty, which must be battled in order to advance. LIT is a horror/puzzle game that requires the Wii Remote™ and Nunchuk™ controllers. It contains 30 levels, five boss battles, replay modes and several unlockables, including multiple endings, Dark Mode timed challenges and an unlockable character.

Virtual Console

Wolf of the Battlefield™: MERCS (SEGA GENESIS, 1 player, Rated E10+ for Everyone 10 and Older—Mild Violence, 800 Wii Points): Following a rash of terrorism outbreaks and increasing opposition from guerilla fighters, the U.S. government has decided to hire a group of professional mercenaries to undergo secret missions, battling through enemy lines to go where no ordinary soldier would dare to go. Based on the popular arcade game, the SEGA GENESIS version of MERCS lets you play as a MERC and also adds an original mode, allowing players to choose from five different characters. Take no prisoners as you shoot, drive jeeps and tanks, and clash against huge bosses to accomplish your mission.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2610 on: February 09, 2009, 01:39:50 PM »
Mercs is absolutely awesome.  It's the sequel to Commando and is the best vertical scrolling run-n-gun I've ever played.

Though the Genesis version has one big flaw - it's only one player!  The arcade game is THREE PLAYERS.  D'oh!  I think it's supposed to still be quite good but if you have a system that can play Capcom Classics Collection get that instead to get the three player arcade version.

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #2611 on: February 09, 2009, 01:44:18 PM »
I really want to see how Lit performs with both players and the gaming media. The concept was dreamed up by IGN's Matt and Bozon. If the game flops it could be embarrassing for them because after  they spend their time criticizing games they can't make their own.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: February 09, 2009, 01:48:56 PM »
Mercs is absolutely awesome.  It's the sequel to Commando and is the best vertical scrolling run-n-gun I've ever played.

Though the Genesis version has one big flaw - it's only one player!  The arcade game is THREE PLAYERS.  D'oh!  I think it's supposed to still be quite good but if you have a system that can play Capcom Classics Collection get that instead to get the three player arcade version.

There's also Wolf Of The Battlefield: Commando 3 on XBLA, if you care about that.

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: February 09, 2009, 02:37:18 PM »

i watched a video about it on youtube, and I can totally see how 3 players would make this super fun.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: February 09, 2009, 11:00:34 PM »
BTW this week looks like a bad week.

WiiWare

LIT (WayForward Technologies, 1 player, Rated E10+ for Everyone 10 and Older—Violence, 800 Wii Points): Dark creatures have taken over Jake's high school, and it's up to you to guide him through each classroom in order to be reunited with his girlfriend Rachael. Existing light sources must be used smartly to create bridges of light for Jake to cross. One false step and Jake gets pulled into the darkness. Along the way he'll encounter twisted versions of his school's faculty, which must be battled in order to advance. LIT is a horror/puzzle game that requires the Wii Remote™ and Nunchuk™ controllers. It contains 30 levels, five boss battles, replay modes and several unlockables, including multiple endings, Dark Mode timed challenges and an unlockable character.

Virtual Console

Wolf of the Battlefield™: MERCS (SEGA GENESIS, 1 player, Rated E10+ for Everyone 10 and Older—Mild Violence, 800 Wii Points): Following a rash of terrorism outbreaks and increasing opposition from guerilla fighters, the U.S. government has decided to hire a group of professional mercenaries to undergo secret missions, battling through enemy lines to go where no ordinary soldier would dare to go. Based on the popular arcade game, the SEGA GENESIS version of MERCS lets you play as a MERC and also adds an original mode, allowing players to choose from five different characters. Take no prisoners as you shoot, drive jeeps and tanks, and clash against huge bosses to accomplish your mission.

How exactly is this a bad week?
My Game Collection

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: February 10, 2009, 03:43:29 AM »
See Ian's post on Mercs (Mercs is awesome but 1 player only sucks), and LIT is a trial and error type of game with a lot of little frustrations with trial and error on top of that.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: February 10, 2009, 08:55:40 PM »
See Ian's post on Mercs (Mercs is awesome but 1 player only sucks), and LIT is a trial and error type of game with a lot of little frustrations with trial and error on top of that.

I'm actually enjoying LIT a lot. It's got trial and error, yes, but I still find it fun and challenging.
'Course, I grew up with a lot of trial and error games and games where there was twisted nonsensical logic involved so maybe I've acquired a taste for it. Plus it's only eight bucks.
My Game Collection

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: February 16, 2009, 09:09:09 AM »
Not a very exciting week.

WiiWare:  Evasive Space (1,000 pts.)
VC:  Life Force (NES, 500 pts.)

However, this next bit is intriguing.

In other news, the Wii-kly Update has a fun surprise coming soon for all our fans. We can't tell you the secret just yet but maybe we’ll offer you some hidden clues. From AZ to NC, if you’re a fan, your applause could rattle your walls, windows, door. You might enjoy this news whether you live in a brick house or Vanderbilt dorm. Even people living along Route 286 in rural Pennsylvania ought to be excited. It’ll feel like a bunch of birthday greetings and, really, who could ask for more? But that's about all we can say for now, so be sure to check future Wii-kly Updates.

What could it mean?  ???

Source:  Nintendo Press Room
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline D_Average

• View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: February 16, 2009, 09:46:27 AM »
Nice to see another Wiiware shooter but it looks pretty average, nothing new.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: February 16, 2009, 12:20:43 PM »
It's a shooter without the shooting from what I've seen so far (or Kurukuru Kururin without the rotating stick).

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: February 16, 2009, 12:25:28 PM »
Hmm, intriguing news, vudu. What could it be? I honestly have no idea what those clues could mean...

Anyone have any ideas?
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #2621 on: February 16, 2009, 12:28:00 PM »
Life Force is extremely exciting.  The best NES co-op shooter IMO.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: February 16, 2009, 12:34:45 PM »
DOOD, Evasive Space looks like an awesome HVS game, and 2-player co-op!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c16jjxZ3pD0&feature=related
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: February 16, 2009, 12:44:24 PM »
Hmm, intriguing news, vudu. What could it be? I honestly have no idea what those clues could mean...

Anyone have any ideas?

Commodore 64, if you look up those hints on a map it points to a town called Commodore and one of the team names it refers to is called the Commodores.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2624 on: February 16, 2009, 05:02:50 PM »
There was a rumor this morning about Commodore 64 coming to the states.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.