Author Topic: Official Virtual Console Mondays Thread  (Read 718101 times)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: Official Virtual Console Mondays Thread
« Reply #2275 on: August 31, 2008, 03:54:12 PM »
Here are some games rated by the ESRB.
Earthworm Jim 2 and Phantasy Star IV:The End of the Millennium for the Genesis
Fatal Fury Special for the Neo Geo
Finally Megaman 2 for the NES
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2276 on: August 31, 2008, 11:51:09 PM »
Here are some games rated by the ESRB.
Earthworm Jim 2 and Phantasy Star IV:The End of the Millennium for the Genesis
Fatal Fury Special for the Neo Geo
Finally Megaman 2 for the NES

I remembered hearing that leaks like this were going to be stopped? anyway i doubt any of those will be released tomorrow.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2277 on: September 01, 2008, 12:23:09 AM »
Vega these are not leaks. Games get rated by the ESRB all the time. Typically games rated by the ESRB  get released soon after. MegaMan 9 is gonna come out in September. So Megaman 2 has to come before it. It could come tomorow.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: September 01, 2008, 12:32:18 AM »
I think Vega is talking about how companies can choose to not have the ratings of games show up on the ESRB site in order to preserve secrecy, a relatively new policy.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2279 on: September 01, 2008, 08:33:34 AM »
WII-KLY UPDATE: ONE WIIWARE GAME AND TWO VIRTUAL CONSOLE GAMES ADDED TO WII SHOP CHANNEL

September 1, 2008

Strike up the band and let the confetti fly! This week, the Wii™ Shop Channel celebrates the momentous release of its 250th game title for the Virtual Console™, pushing the selection of classic games to an exhilarating new high. And because a special occasion deserves a special guest, Nintendo is thrilled to name the beloved Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars™ as the game to hold this exciting distinction. Along with a delightful new WiiWare™ title and a delirious underwater adventure, this gem from the Super NES® era guarantees a festive, fun-packed Labor Day holiday for Wii™ owners of all stripes.

Nintendo adds new and classic games to the Wii Shop Channel at 9 a.m. Pacific time every Monday. Wii owners with a high-speed Internet connection can redeem Wii Points™ to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel or at retail outlets. This week's new games are:

WiiWare

My Aquarium (Hudson Entertainment, 1 player, Rated E for Everyone, 500 Wii Points): With swaying aquatic plants and fish idly swimming about, My Aquarium is a relaxing Wii experience that allows you to enjoy a virtual aquarium in your spare time. Whether freshwater or saltwater, you can select from over 40 popular types of fish, including favorites like the Ocellaris clownfish, the freshwater angelfish and the Asian arowana. You can also create up to six different aquariums and personalize them by adding decorations like seaweed and driftwood. In My Aquarium, you can send aquariums to your registered Wii Friends. The aquariums can even be set with special dates, such as a friend's birthday, that the fish will commemorate with a dance. Feed your fish and watch them steadily grow from fry to adult. Then, after meeting certain conditions, you can breed them. Another feature will allow you to interact with your fish using your Wii Remote™ controller in fun ways, like "tapping" the glass of your aquarium.

Virtual Console

Clu Clu Land™ (NES®, 1-2 players, Rated E for Everyone, 500 Wii Points): Take a deep breath and prepare for a puzzle game set in the underwater kingdom of Clu Clu Land. The greedy Sea Urchins have stolen all of Clu Clu Land's gold bars and buried them in a series of mazes. As Bubbles, a brave bubble fish, you'll set out to uncover all of the gold bars in each maze. But you'll have to be careful: Sea Urchins will relentlessly pursue Bubbles, and there are also dangerous black holes that must be avoided. Bubbles isn't defenseless, though, as she has the ability to stun Sea Urchins with sound waves and quickly change direction using posts scattered throughout the stages. Not only that, but the locations of the gold bars in each maze form the outline of another object—once you know the object, you're well on your way to finding the gold. With 20 stages to complete and increasingly complex conditions (like having to pass over the gold bars twice to uncover them), you might just want to bring along a friend for help.

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (Super NES, 1 player, Rated E for Everyone, 800 Wii Points): Set in the Mushroom Kingdom and featuring its cast of well-known characters, this adventure RPG begins with a familiar scenario: Mario™ must rescue Princess Toadstool™ from Bowser™. However, a mysterious new enemy named Smithy soon appears, and Mario and Bowser are forced to fight as allies for the first time in their long history. In the quest to defeat their powerful new foe, they'll journey across a wide variety of locations (a town of mining moles, a tropical forest, a thundering waterfall—just to name a few) and tackle a mix of obstacles requiring both expert timing and strategy to overcome. Along the way, they'll gain experience and grow more powerful, while also meeting new characters whose unique abilities will be needed to take on Smithy and his gang. Striking a perfect balance of traditional RPG elements and the action-packed game play Mario is famous for, it's easy to see why this title has earned "legendary" status.

For more information about Wii, please visit wii.com.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #2280 on: September 01, 2008, 08:52:30 AM »
SMRPGLotSS. Hooray.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: September 01, 2008, 09:20:56 AM »
Well I'm spending 800 points today.

I wonder if Earthbound comes out next week.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: September 01, 2008, 09:47:31 AM »
HELL YES

Lucky for me, I just so happen to have 800 points sitting in my account waiting to be used.  ;D  I almost bought ActRaiser yesterday, but I figured I should wait until this morning to see if Nintendo was putting out anything worthwhile.  Good thing I waited.  (ActRaiser will just have to wait for another day.)

Shoot--Mario RPG isn't up yet.  Guess I'll have to wait a couple hours.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 09:52:52 AM by vudu »
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: September 01, 2008, 10:25:24 AM »
It comes out 9am Pacific time so 12PM EST for me which is in 90 minutes.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2284 on: September 01, 2008, 10:39:06 AM »
OMG OMG Yes! Yes! Yes! SMRPG! Yes!I knew we were getting some thing good for 250.Yes!
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline AV

• View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: September 01, 2008, 11:37:45 AM »
I think Vega is talking about how companies can choose to not have the ratings of games show up on the ESRB site in order to preserve secrecy, a relatively new policy.

Yup.

Super Mario RPG will be mine. Oh man that game rocks. This upcoming weekend I'll drive down from University and visit mom and download this game stupid dorm hates online Wii.

At least that aquarium thing on WiiWare is cheap ($5) they were smart to price it that low, if anything if they could of priced it lower it would of been great but I think Nintendo doesn't want things to be so cheap. I wouldn't really call it a game but advanced screen saver so $5 is steep considering you can play mario RPG instead.

Offline AV

• View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: September 01, 2008, 11:41:26 AM »
Well I'm spending 800 points today.

I wonder if Earthbound comes out next week.

at first i laughed at that idea but thinking about it Nintendo does like going threw genres all at once.

Y's Book last week, Mario RPG this week, so far 2 weeks of RPG's and it might happen next week, but that would amazing.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2287 on: September 01, 2008, 12:02:01 PM »
Now that SMRPG is coming out.What games do you want to come out?Like Flames I am waiting for Earthbound.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: September 01, 2008, 12:33:57 PM »
Well I also have 500 points left over so I'm going for My Aquarium as well.

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: September 01, 2008, 12:57:56 PM »
Now that SMRPG is coming out.What games do you want to come out?Like Flames I am waiting for Earthbound.

More N64 games. I want Mystical Ninja.  Also, Super Punch Out. 
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline AV

• View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: September 01, 2008, 02:05:36 PM »

yeah that one is big.

the rest of the list for me:

Castlevania: Rondo of Blood X
ExciteBike 64
Cho Aniki

thats on the top of my head.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2291 on: September 01, 2008, 02:44:20 PM »
I have been playing SMRPG and I love it! I just got the first star piece.Once you get Mallow's coin and head back to the Mushroom Kingdom.There are lots of Shyguys bouncing on pogo sticks everwhere.In front of the castle there is endless shyguys hopping out of the castle.This is a good place to get coins and experience.I was at level 7 for my characters when I entered the castle. I also have to many Mushrooms and honey syrups than I know what to do with.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: September 01, 2008, 02:48:08 PM »
Cho Aniki

You're in luck.  ;D  You're also one sick ****.

I'm a poet.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: September 01, 2008, 06:08:22 PM »
holy fucking crap why didnt i know th is game came out? it shoudl be a headline or something!

(note, i stopped checking the front page months ago)

oh and i'm talking about SMRPG
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: September 01, 2008, 07:10:12 PM »
Edit: Got it!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 07:21:21 PM by Caliban »

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2295 on: September 01, 2008, 11:04:51 PM »
I got 4 star pieces.I have a complete party.I found this guy that will give me stuff for frog coins.So tomorow I will be going down Midas river to collect coins to turn into frog coins. My highest level is 13 and my lowest is 9.What is a good level to raise up to for the ocean?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: September 01, 2008, 11:14:44 PM »
I had points and blocks saved for this and Mega Man 2, so now I got the former and am waiting on the latter.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline D_Average

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: September 02, 2008, 11:26:39 AM »
As someone who can't stand RPG's, is there any reason I should check out SNES Mario RPG?  The only RPGish game I've ever enjoyed was Legend of the Mystical Ninja for the SNES.
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: September 02, 2008, 12:22:59 PM »
As someone who can't stand RPG's, is there any reason I should check out SNES Mario RPG?

Depends what you dislike about RPGs.  There are no random battles in Super Mario RPG and the story isn't full of generic angst.  Mario can jump and move around the world pretty freely so it isn't as stiff as most RPGs.

Super Mario RPG is pretty much the least RPG an RPG can get before RPG fans won't like it.  Paper Mario is more of an RPG for people who don't like RPGs.  But if you're going to like any RPG that plays like an RPG Super Mario RPG would be it.

Offline D_Average

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: September 02, 2008, 01:09:00 PM »
As someone who can't stand RPG's, is there any reason I should check out SNES Mario RPG?

Depends what you dislike about RPGs.  There are no random battles in Super Mario RPG and the story isn't full of generic angst.  Mario can jump and move around the world pretty freely so it isn't as stiff as most RPGs.

Super Mario RPG is pretty much the least RPG an RPG can get before RPG fans won't like it.  Paper Mario is more of an RPG for people who don't like RPGs.  But if you're going to like any RPG that plays like an RPG Super Mario RPG would be it.

Perhaps I'lll give it a shot as its usually that stiffness, and random battles that turn me off.  How is the writing?  Clever?  Funny? Witty?  Mediocre?
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....