Author Topic: Official Virtual Console Mondays Thread  (Read 718106 times)

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
Re: Official Virtual Console Mondays Thread
« Reply #2250 on: August 21, 2008, 12:45:34 PM »
Krystal is popular with some internet... um... sub-cultures, that's some bonus sales right there. Jar Jar, on the other hand, was very hated. For a better example, it'd be like rebooting Star Wars but including Maul and Grievous.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: August 21, 2008, 12:50:01 PM »
Star Fox needs the Superman Returns treatment where they pretend only the first two games exist (which storyline wise are identical anyway).  Anyone who puts Krystal in the game for example isn't the right dev for the job.  The right team would HATE Krystal because they would hate Star Fox Adventures and would never want anything resembling that game to be in their Star Fox game.  That's like trying to reboot Star Wars but with Jar Jar Binks in it.

And if Nintendo refuses to drop the crappy Star Fox games from continuity then just make it take place in between Star Fox 64 and Adventures.  Easy as pie.

I don't care if they put Krystal in it, or even Slippy's dad and girlfriend, as long as it plays like Star Fox 64.

I would love it if Star Fox 2 was released on the VC.  I'd love to try it out on a TV with a real controller and the whole bit.

That's why I put it in my Homebrew Channel, it's on TV and I can use a Classic Controller.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2252 on: August 21, 2008, 07:13:19 PM »
Star Fox needs the Superman Returns treatment where they pretend only the first two games exist (which storyline wise are identical anyway).  Anyone who puts Krystal in the game for example isn't the right dev for the job.  The right team would HATE Krystal because they would hate Star Fox Adventures and would never want anything resembling that game to be in their Star Fox game.  That's like trying to reboot Star Wars but with Jar Jar Binks in it.

And if Nintendo refuses to drop the crappy Star Fox games from continuity then just make it take place in between Star Fox 64 and Adventures.  Easy as pie.

I don't care if they put Krystal in it, or even Slippy's dad and girlfriend, as long as it plays like Star Fox 64.

I would love it if Star Fox 2 was released on the VC.  I'd love to try it out on a TV with a real controller and the whole bit.

That's why I put it in my Homebrew Channel, it's on TV and I can use a Classic Controller.

Preach brother PREACH!!!!!!

just let Treasure make it and for fans who cares if casuals think its to hard or to overwhelming they can go **** themselves.  I had more fun playing Sin and Punishment than any star fox game since SF64.

Offline Mikintosh

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: August 22, 2008, 01:23:07 AM »
I liked Assault, and I like Krystal, even if I didn't like Adventure, because she's a good female lead in the series and she was interesting in Command. Still, I agree with Miyamoto on not loaning out their franchises anymore.

And Star Fox 2 definately should be on the VC, but since the original isn't even on there yet, I won't be holding my breath.

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: August 22, 2008, 02:49:10 AM »
It's not officially in english either.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline Mikintosh

• View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: August 22, 2008, 03:04:27 PM »
How much dialogue is in the thing? I wouldn't mind paying extra to recoup the translation cost, tho again it'd be nice to just get the original out there (that's why I thought people were talking about the game in this thread until I saw Miyamoto's quote on third parties handling their franchises).

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: August 22, 2008, 04:34:44 PM »
Star Fox 2 was never even finished AFAIK

Offline AV

• View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: August 22, 2008, 05:59:27 PM »
Star Fox 2 was never even finished AFAIK

yeah they should get a team and  finish it and put on WiiWare.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: August 22, 2008, 07:34:27 PM »
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2259 on: August 22, 2008, 09:32:06 PM »
YES YES Yes!
Who is getting it.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline DAaaMan64

• View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: August 23, 2008, 03:12:58 AM »
ME

Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: August 23, 2008, 10:48:41 AM »
confirmed for monday

I've heard that before.
The only games that got screwed for release is Y's, Mega Man and Samurai Showdown.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: August 23, 2008, 11:00:20 AM »
;)  And if those three weren't enough, don't forget about Strong Bad.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline DAaaMan64

• View Profile
« Reply #2264 on: August 24, 2008, 01:48:12 AM »
I JUST beat Gyrostarr.  I quite liked that game a lot.  It pretty much ruled. Totally worth every penny.

I'm tempted to give a 10. Seriously.  I would have loved to see however:

- Square attack mode, as in a continues track where you sped up very slowly but it never ended.  Geometry Wars style.
- Online Co-op.  I've never played multi with this game, but it probably would have been awesome.

Frozen Shoe Games

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #2265 on: August 24, 2008, 10:30:26 AM »
;)  And if those three weren't enough, don't forget about Strong Bad.

Well I heard that there were some technical issues when Telltale submitted it to Nintendo so technically Telltale had to fix it.

Offline AV

• View Profile
« Reply #2266 on: August 25, 2008, 07:54:55 AM »
I JUST beat Gyrostarr.  I quite liked that game a lot.  It pretty much ruled. Totally worth every penny.

- Square attack mode, as in a continues track where you sped up very slowly but it never ended.  Geometry Wars style.
- Online Co-op.  I've never played multi with this game, but it probably would have been awesome.

really a 10? I would give it a 7.5 it became way to tedious near the end and wasn't a real ending per say so it felt hollow. If it would stay FAST for more than a minute than it would of been more awesome.

Offline D_Average

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2267 on: August 25, 2008, 10:54:43 AM »

really a 10? I would give it a 7.5 it became way to tedious near the end and wasn't a real ending per say so it felt hollow. If it would stay FAST for more than a minute than it would of been more awesome.

Personally, I just can't get past that fact that enemy space ships look like disgusting little fleas...
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2268 on: August 25, 2008, 12:13:49 PM »
Nintendo has sent us 3 games today for Wiiware we have Helix for 1000 points. On the VC we have Y's Book 1 and 2 for 800 points. It is a Turbo Graphix-16  Cd game and Samurai Shodown 2 for 900 points on the Neo Geo.
I plan on picking up Helix and Y's Book 1/2.
http://Http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=16091
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 12:17:31 PM by Maxi »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #2269 on: August 25, 2008, 12:24:22 PM »
Oh my, Y's...ARPG is one of, if not my favorite genre, so I'll probably pick up a points card later today...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline DAaaMan64

• View Profile
« Reply #2270 on: August 25, 2008, 01:09:40 PM »

It's an irrational score because I just finished the game and had a lot of fun with it's addicting ness.

I guess I didn't like the bonus levels so I'd drop the score for that.

Frozen Shoe Games

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2271 on: August 29, 2008, 01:51:07 PM »
TG games for September

-Cho Aniki (No specific date)
-Final Soldier (No specific date)

Holy Effing Christ.  God help us all.

Offline DAaaMan64

• View Profile
« Reply #2272 on: August 29, 2008, 02:30:49 PM »
ahhahahahha SWEET

Frozen Shoe Games

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #2273 on: August 29, 2008, 04:51:50 PM »
Europe got those in the previous Hanabi festival.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2274 on: August 29, 2008, 04:58:28 PM »
Europe got those in the previous Hanabi festival.

Yeah, and it's pretty safe to say your continent has been on a downward slope ever since.  ;)