Author Topic: Official Virtual Console Mondays Thread  (Read 718183 times)

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Official Virtual Console Mondays Thread
« Reply #1725 on: April 17, 2008, 06:04:43 PM »
Is Double Dragon hard?

It's an old arcade beat-em up, of course it's hard.  Since these games in the arcade were designed to eat as many quarters as possible, they were made to be extremly difficult to beat.  And because of that, the game is just full of cheap deaths and frusterating levels. 

Just like most other beat-em ups of it's time.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #1726 on: April 17, 2008, 06:24:12 PM »
Where is Castlevania64
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline animecyberrat

• Official NWR Lindsay Lohan Fan
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: April 17, 2008, 06:29:16 PM »
It's coming right after they run out of 3DO games.
"You can call me THE RAT, thank you very much"

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #1728 on: April 17, 2008, 06:35:23 PM »
By that measure it sounds like next month.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #1729 on: April 18, 2008, 08:22:29 PM »
Yeah... so guys... River City Ransom....

I got word of this earlier today and this has been on my VC wish list. I wouldn't mind playing Double Dragon either, the game play on both of them are similar, but they feel entirely different to me. Watch out for the rest of the Double Dragon games though, that series went down hard. None of us should have to play as Battletoads on the Wii, I'm sure that's illegal some place.
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1730 on: April 18, 2008, 11:25:28 PM »
This Mondays games are River City Ransom for the nes and Phantasy Star 3 for the Genesis
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline animecyberrat

• Official NWR Lindsay Lohan Fan
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: April 19, 2008, 12:16:54 AM »
damn it, at this rate I will have spent all my moving funds on VC games, someone I need help.
"You can call me THE RAT, thank you very much"

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: April 19, 2008, 04:39:04 PM »
This Mondays games are River City Ransom for the nes and Phantasy Star 3 for the Genesis

Wait what?  We haven't even gotten Phantasy Star 1 or 2 yet, and they're giving us 3?  Who's responsible for these decisions because that makes no sense.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1733 on: April 19, 2008, 07:09:55 PM »

Wait what?  We haven't even gotten Phantasy Star 1 or 2 yet, and they're giving us 3?  Who's responsible for these decisions because that makes no sense.
I went and checked the shop channel and we do have Phantasy Star 2. Phantasy Star I believe is on the Sega Master System and we only started getting those since last week give it some time.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: April 19, 2008, 10:18:11 PM »
HAHAHAHA RPG! Oh yeah!
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

« Reply #1735 on: April 20, 2008, 01:27:00 AM »
If you've played Batman Returns for the SNES, you've no need to ever play another beat-em-up.  Double Dragon you play for nostalgia's sake, Batman Returns you play because it's just darn good.
Not just flowers,I love them all like weeds and     veget
able.

I want to do garden forever.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: April 20, 2008, 01:44:18 AM »
I went and checked the shop channel and we do have Phantasy Star 2. Phantasy Star I believe is on the Sega Master System and we only started getting those since last week give it some time.

When did we get that game?  I must have been gone that week or something.  Oh well at least this means we're much closer to getting Phantasy Star 4 in the near future, since that's the one I care most about playing.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1737 on: April 20, 2008, 03:45:15 AM »

When did we get that game?  I must have been gone that week or something.  Oh well at least this means we're much closer to getting Phantasy Star 4 in the near future, since that's the one I care most about playing.
We got Phantasy Star 2 back in the middle of February.:)
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1738 on: April 21, 2008, 04:22:50 PM »
I was just at gonintendo and they said that Interplay is gonna bring Earthworm Jim 1&2, Clay Fighter and Boogerman will hit the VC later this year also note that they will be the Genesis version of the games.I remember playing EJ and all of the iterations of Clayfighter except the 64 version. I didn't care for Boogerman.So is there any games from Interplay's vault that you would like to see on the VC?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1739 on: April 25, 2008, 06:50:22 PM »
This Mondays game is Double Dragon for the nes. Well they should have released Super Mario Kart this week as well. If it ever comes out I will get it day 1.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1740 on: April 29, 2008, 03:48:25 AM »
http://Http://Starmen.net/ebsiege/pktuben/
The guys over on Starmen.net are having a youtube contest to bring awareness to Nintendo to bring the title to the VC. Also recall that email that I posted send your top 5 picks to Nintendo. Bombard Nintendo with e-mails.  Here is that e-mail address vcpoll@futureusa.com
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 03:55:51 AM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: April 29, 2008, 03:51:54 AM »
I can't stop playing River City Ransom, that was probably the best 5 bucks I've spent on the VC.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1742 on: April 29, 2008, 05:37:37 AM »
The Results for that Vc poll
Readers choices
1.Earthbound
2.Super Mario Rpg
3 Chrono Trigger
4. Mother
5. Majora's Mask
NP staff
1. Megaman: The Wily wars
2. Terranigma
3. FF6
4. Super Mario Rpg
5. Rocket Knight Adventures
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: April 29, 2008, 02:29:21 PM »
I can't stop playing River City Ransom, that was probably the best 5 bucks I've spent on the VC.

I've put a couple hours into RCR, and I don't really see what's so great about it.  It's enjoyable, but the fighting it extremely limited, shopping is annoying because you don't have a clue what different items will do, and all the areas look the same so I keep getting lost.  Maybe if I were playing co-op it would be better, but as a single player experience, I'm left disappointed after hearing so many great things about it.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: April 29, 2008, 02:40:44 PM »
Have you guys every played Pussy City Pimps? It's way better than RCR.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: April 29, 2008, 03:16:07 PM »

I've put a couple hours into RCR, and I don't really see what's so great about it.  It's enjoyable, but the fighting it extremely limited, shopping is annoying because you don't have a clue what different items will do, and all the areas look the same so I keep getting lost.  Maybe if I were playing co-op it would be better, but as a single player experience, I'm left disappointed after hearing so many great things about it.

The game's RPG and fighting system gets a little bit deeper the more you learn about it. You start to notice which foods give you what stats (I love chow mein early on personally), and you discover the all-special books which teach you lightning fast punches and kicks. Later on, you find expensive shoes, visit a sauna instead of an inn, and stock up on vitamins.

And maybe co-op does take it to a whole other level. Playing with someone else always rocks, and when you can jump on top of each other, throw each other, team up on bosses (or each take down one for the bosses that come in twos), or play baseball with a stone and a stick!

There's pure innovation here that's remained mostly unmatched. It's a brawler, yes, but also an RPG. And its set in a modern day context. And you're stealing lunch money from bullies. LOL.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Smoke39

• Smoking is only bad for you if you're not made of smoke already
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: April 29, 2008, 03:22:40 PM »
The Results for that Vc poll
Readers choices
1.Earthbound
2.Super Mario Rpg
3 Chrono Trigger
4. Mother
5. Majora's Mask
Awesome support for the Mother series!  Now watch Nintendo ignore it. ):
GOREGASM!

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: April 29, 2008, 03:39:48 PM »
The game's RPG and fighting system gets a little bit deeper the more you learn about it. You start to notice which foods give you what stats (I love chow mein early on personally), and you discover the all-special books which teach you lightning fast punches and kicks. Later on, you find expensive shoes, visit a sauna instead of an inn, and stock up on vitamins.

But there are so many damn food choices how the hell am I supposed to figure out what does what?  I guess I could buy one of everything, but I'm too busy for something at stupid as that.  And why is my Max Power always maxed out?  How do I increase the max?  Killing enemies doesn't seem to gain experience, so as far as I can tell, you only level up by eating.

Some of the stats are self-explanatory (Punch, Kick, Weapon, Throw, Agility, Defense), but others are completely obscure.  What the Hell is Strength, and how is it different from Punch/Kick?  Will Power?  Which one increases the length of your life gauge--Stamina or Max Power?  What's the other one do?

I've bought a few of the books, but I have no idea what any of them do before you buy them.  What the Hell is Indian Lore?

Visit a Sauna instead of an Inn?  I haven't even come across an Inn yet (that I know of).  What's an Inn do that eating food doesn't?  What about the Sauna?

There seems to be an incredibly deep game here, but the lack of any explanation whatsoever makes it hard to accomplish anything without feeling like I'm stumbling around in the dark.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1748 on: May 02, 2008, 03:27:18 PM »
http://gonintendo.com/?p=41892
Click and be in awe of the awesomeness of the news!!!
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: May 02, 2008, 03:28:33 PM »
Eff yeah.