Author Topic: DLC for Injustice on Wii U Looking Very Unlikely  (Read 7469 times)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
Re: DLC for Injustice on Wii U Looking Very Unlikely
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2013, 03:33:10 AM »
I should point out that any game with online capabilities would not be lmited to using the wii u's e-shop to nab content from. Any company could create their own separate content hub or include said content hub in game.

I think the developer doesn't have its act in order.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2013, 07:38:07 AM »
Either way i'd say withhold complete judgement until tomorrow...

Offline Jess1053

• Score: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2013, 09:35:48 AM »
Here's the future for Nintendo. A high powered handheld st comes with a box similar to Apple TV that stays with the tv. When you're in range you play it on tv, when you're out and about you play it on the handheld. The tech is easily there. This can happen.

Offline thetalented1

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2013, 09:37:23 AM »
If there is no announcement or likelihood that Wii U purchasers will receive DLC, doesn't that qualify as grounds for a class action suit if "someone" were to file? The BOX says "Download content available," so by not providing any info on that content, I feel I purchased under false pretenses. With the blunt, arrogant answers from WB, I'd love to toss them some "papers."

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2013, 10:24:33 AM »
For 1 on the Lawsuit thing someone in the 1% would have to care because us here in the 99% don't have the resources to enforce are rights.

It makes good business sense to just go ahead and keep with the devil you know development wise at the moment.  It be even better for developers if their was only 1 console and 1 handheld they need to develop games for.  In fact thats true for all programming one base platform would be ideal.

Shoot right this moment If a developer decided to just publish the PS3 how many sales would they actually lose?  Probably not as many as the numbers would lead you to believe because of saturation.  Now on the DLC.

Yeah the DLC thing is still bull.  If you were a programmer worth your salt and knew what type of DLC would be coming you just make it so they were modules that were generic.  So every version would get the same module to plug in to the game wrapped w/ that systems delivery method.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2013, 12:11:39 PM »
If this is the publishers or developers fault then shame on you.  I am beginning to believe there is an active agenda to get Nintendo out of the hardware business.  And actually it makes sense.  Publishers and Developers could save a lot of money if they only had to develop for 2 consoles.  And if you are going to publish for only two, you want to publish for the 2 that are the most similar and has the most potential for profit. 

I really am not convinced that Third Party Publishers/Developers have an active agenda against Nintendo, or that they are deliberately trying to remove Nintendo from the console equation. As you say, third parties can save a lot of money if they only develop for 2 consoles. Third parties are providing little support for Wii U because it's not within their business interests to do so, and while that could theoretically mean that Nintendo eventually bow out of the console market, the removal of Nintendo is not their goal.

They don't have an active vendetta against Nintendo, but at the same time they're not willing to move even an inch to support them. If Nintendo were to build hardware that's exactly what they want, and then bend over backward to get third parties' attention, then they'd support Nintendo. Anything short of that and they don't care.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2013, 12:52:10 PM »
With EA I think there is some bad blood but for third party support in general I think Nintendo's decision to effectively stay a generation behind on hardware again is a big part of it.  Third parties want to release multi-platform games and last gen the Wii screwed up those plans.  They had to create Wii specific content and didn't really put much effort into it and then quickly gave up.  The Wii U has like a year where multi-platform development makes sense.  When the other new consoles come out it will likely be too far behind the others tech-wise to be included in multi-platform releases.  So who is going to go all in to support a console that will no longer fit into their plans by this time next year?  They feel they should make some sort of token effort to capitalize on the one year where it makes sense, only the Wii U isn't selling very well at all so there really is no point.

Games being developed for the PS4/720 are not also being made for the Wii U because of hardware limitations.  The only time to include the Wii U in development is right now and the console isn't selling and by the time it would ever get its act together, the other new consoles will be out and PS360 ports would be rare.  There is no incentive for third parties to try as, unlike Nintendo, they have no real stake in the console's success.