Author Topic: Can't sleep? Try new proven method.  (Read 5942 times)

Offline animecyberrat

• Official NWR Lindsay Lohan Fan
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Can't sleep? Try new proven method.
« on: March 21, 2008, 02:07:20 AM »
Ever had trouble sleeping? I have tell me about it, it sucks. Well I have been looking for the ultimate cure in not-being-able-to-sleep and I stumbled upon the perfect remedy, British Comedies! That's right, if you're ever having trouble falling asleep, just tune your Satelite to BBCA and after 20 minutes of British Comedy, you'll be sleeping like a baby. But don't take my word for it, listen to these amazing Testimonials.

Random Internet dude had this to say:
"Man I used to stay up all night trolling internet forums, just because I couldn't sleep. I tried everything, sleeping pills, counting sheep, the whole nine yards man, well one day I was wathcing this flipping through the channels and I happened to stop on BBCA and let me tell you, just 15 minutes of that dry British humor and I was fast asleep, thanks Great Britain, you saved me from endless nights of needlessly trolling internet forums"

Young Teenage Girl had this to say:
"Let me tell you, I used to like stay up all night texting, like everybody I knew for hours on end, all because I was having trouble sleeping. See I couldn't sleep because I, like, had so much, you know like pressure on me to like do drugs and smoke weed and like oh yeah homework and stuff liek that. Well my sisters, brothers, cousins, baby's daddy's aunt's nephew told me about these British comedies that helped them sleep, and I like, gave it a try and like wow it totally worked. I was like all fresh for skipping school the next day and like totally full of energy, thanks British Comedies your the best!" *winks*

*announcer*

So if you're having trouble sleeping and don't want to risk becoming dependent on prescription sleep aides, then you have to try new and improved British Comedies. With their dry sense of humor and over your head political references coupled with a special active ingredient guaranteed to work five times faster than boring American Infomercials, you will be fully satisfied, or we'll give you DOUBLE your MONEY BACK, that's right we are so confident in our product we offer a DOUBLE your MONEY back Guarantee.

So Don't wait, pick up your remote control and dial now, operators are standing by. But wait theres more, tune in within the next 20 seconds and you will get a special side of English Dialect at NO EXTRA CHARGE, thats right a $30 value absolutely FREE. So don't wait operators are standing by.

*fast talking deep voiced commercial guy*

"Money Back Guarantee is only available if order is canceled within first 20 seconds of usage and not valid in any of the 48 Continental States, Hawaii, Alaska, US Territories, Or Canada. Must be at least 18 to order, or have an adults permission. Sorry no C.O.D's "
"You can call me THE RAT, thank you very much"

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
Re: Can't sleep? Try new proven method.
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 03:18:53 AM »
This thread needs more Monty Python

NI

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 03:29:48 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9NAu3sPJFk

I wish I could see that for the first time again.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 03:42:24 AM by Wandering »
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2008, 04:23:59 AM »
Fawlty Towers?
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2008, 04:36:29 AM »
Anyone who insults Monty Python has made an enemy of me for life.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2008, 11:58:51 AM »
MR BEAN WOULD LIKE TO DISAGREE

Offline animecyberrat

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2008, 12:20:05 PM »
I like Doctor Who, but that's the limit of my British tolerance. Oh and 28 days/weeks latter. And the Hole, I like that movie also. But their comedies, ugh.

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2008, 10:44:23 PM »
British Comedies are definitely an acquired taste. For me some work tremendously, others fail. For example, I LOVE Red Dwarf. I got hooked on it back when capamerica and S_B introduced the series to me.

But then I saw an episode of Coupling because everyone in the group couldn't stop raving about it. I admit I was both somewhat drunk and tired, but all I know is that by the end I was "Huh???"

Oh yeah, last summer I saw "Blackadder" (Rowan Atkinson's main comedy series), but I was on and off  so I can't say anything about it. I do remember that S_B had to explain some of the jokes to me...
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 01:33:32 AM by pap64 »
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2008, 12:15:51 AM »
BBCA is awesome. Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares is better than the American version, and The Office is just as funny as the US version, regardless of if you get "British" humor or not. Also, the news on there isn't as filtered and self-serving as it is here in the US. Shame on you for talking down on BBCA, shame on you.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2008, 12:18:22 AM »
Coupling is pure trash and an insult to the entire nation of the United Kingdom.
League of Gentlemen
Blackadder
Black Books
Monty Python
Fawlty Towers
Little Britain
The Office

these shows are all unstoppable and off the hook.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2008, 01:22:55 AM »
Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares
That guy is awesome. He's like Reggie except we see the ass-kicking.

Oh and my fav brit-com are in no particular order, or at least the ones I can remember:
*My Family
*BlackAdder
*Allo Allo
*Benny Hill
*Goodness Gracious Me
*Mr. Bean

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2008, 01:39:48 AM »
Coupling is pure trash and an insult to the entire nation of the United Kingdom.

First time I hear this. In my group of friends the show is a hit and consider it to be a great take on the "Friends" formula. Like I said, I only saw one episode and I wasn't in the right mood so I can't exactly agree or disagree.

Oh yeah, I forgot to comment on Monty Python. I've only seen two of their movies (Holy Grail and Meaning of Life) and missed the TV show completely, but the movies were BRILLIANT in their lunacy.

Ask S_B and he'll tell you how I kept quoting the Fishy fish scene from Meaning of Life. That scene was so messed up, but so funny!

"Fishy, Fishy, Fishy OH!!!" XD
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2008, 02:37:47 AM »
I'm a huge Monty Python fan, I watch the show whenever I see it on and I have all the movies on DVD, but I still have yet to watch Meaning of Life. I've had it on DVD for over 3 years but I just haven't gotten around to it.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2008, 02:40:18 AM »
The Office is the greatest thing to ever hit television screens ever. Extras while brilliant can't hold its own when faced with The Office juggernaut. I'm just hoping Ricky Gervais and Steve Merchant collaborate again soon.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2008, 03:03:39 AM »
Oh yeah, I forgot to comment on Monty Python. I've only seen two of their movies (Holy Grail and Meaning of Life) and missed the TV show completely, but the movies were BRILLIANT in their lunacy.

You need to see The Life of Brian (oh, and the TV series, I'm working my way through that at the moment). Awesome stuff.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2008, 10:02:06 AM »
I've never fully watched any of the Monty Python work, but this has always cracked me up.
Extras is ok, but I think it is funnier when watching the bloopers and to see how much Ricky Gervais laughs at the little things.

Offline animecyberrat

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2008, 12:43:11 PM »
I said that cuz it seamed as though people were trashing me for trashing this.  The fun never stops!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 03:28:18 PM by animecyberrat »

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2008, 02:49:14 PM »
First off notice the AMERICAN INFOMERCIAL tone of my first post, hence the reason, again, why it is here in the Fun house and not in General Chat. I was tired and making my own Americanized jab at British Comedies. Now if I wanted a serious discussion about Comedy, I wouldn't be on the internet.

I'm well aware the mockery in this post, rat. But considering British comedy has a following in the States can you blame use for discussing our favorite shows?

It looks to me that you are upset that no one paid attention to the joke and decided to discuss the one thing you were mocking.

In short, this thread is made of fail ;) .
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline animecyberrat

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2008, 03:21:27 PM »
except I was having trouble sleeping when I wrote this. pap, I wasn't complaining I was, um, yeah ...
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 03:27:25 PM by animecyberrat »

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2008, 05:42:04 PM »
Footballers Wives. It's so unbelievably trashy its funny!

Offline animecyberrat

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2008, 02:28:47 PM »
and Torchwood, I forgot about that show, I like that show.

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2008, 02:59:04 PM »
The Office is the greatest thing to ever hit television screens ever. Extras while brilliant can't hold its own when faced with The Office juggernaut. I'm just hoping Ricky Gervais and Steve Merchant collaborate again soon.

Have you listened to The Ricky Gervais Show? It's a podcast starring Ricky Gervais, Steve Merchant and Karl Pilkington. It costs some money but it's worth every penny.
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2008, 03:50:22 PM »
spaced is awesome
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2008, 07:49:57 AM »
gb2garfield

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2008, 12:38:23 PM »
Are You Being Served is great. With Mrs Slocombe's purple hair and always going on about her pussy.

"Mr Humpries, are you free?"

And what about Canada's great comedy: The Red Green Show

Offline animecyberrat

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2008, 12:59:03 PM »
The only comedy I ever watched that came from Canada was You Can't Do That On Television. Besides that I used to watch Degrassi, the old one not the new one.