Author Topic: Epic Mickey - Wii Exclusive  (Read 161090 times)

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
Re: Epic Mickey - Wii Exclusive
« Reply #325 on: October 29, 2009, 02:23:39 PM »
"Mickey is an adventurous and rambunctious mouse. I want to bring his personality to the forefront, place him in a daunting world and connect his spirited character with video game players worldwide. Ultimately, each player decides for him or herself what makes Mickey cool." - Warren Spector

BUH, DEJA BU
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 29, 2009, 02:26:46 PM »
Darkwing Duck, Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers and Duck Tales before Gargoyles!

I've actually rewatched all 4 of those in recent years and as much as I love Chip & Dale, Rescue Rangers is not the great show I remembered it as.  Duck Tales is still awesome, though, and Darkwing Duck is charming if not as funny as I remembered.

We seriously need a "Disney Afternoon" Land in this game with all these old shows, though.

EDIT: Oh, and don't forget Gummi Bears!
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #327 on: October 29, 2009, 02:36:11 PM »

I've actually rewatched all 4 of those in recent years and as much as I love Chip & Dale, Rescue Rangers is not the great show I remembered it as.  Duck Tales is still awesome, though, and Darkwing Duck is charming if not as funny as I remembered.

We seriously need a "Disney Afternoon" Land in this game with all these old shows, though.

Cosigned, everything. Duck Tales holds up the best of the shows from that era.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 29, 2009, 02:52:24 PM »

I've watched them all recently, Tale Spin is great as well. I think they all hold up quite well.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #329 on: October 29, 2009, 02:54:26 PM »
BECKERS

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: October 29, 2009, 02:55:01 PM »
Duck Tales is the only Disney show I still rewatch. Not to mention it had two awesome NES games.
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: October 29, 2009, 02:58:02 PM »
Duck Tales is the only Disney show I still rewatch. Not to mention it had two awesome NES games.

Rescue Rangers had two really good NES games too.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: October 29, 2009, 03:01:19 PM »

I've watched them all recently, Tale Spin is great as well. I think they all hold up quite well.

I tried rewatching Tale Spin when I rewatched the others, and although I can tell it's still a good show I still couldn't get myself to sit through it if that makes any sense.  There's just something about it that doesn't keep my interest, especially compared to Duck Tales (which I never had problems marathoning).
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Tanookisuit

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
    • jeremytinder.com
« Reply #333 on: October 29, 2009, 03:02:58 PM »
Bring "Peter Pig" back!  He's only in 1 cartoon and 1 comic book- talk about forgotten!

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 29, 2009, 03:07:23 PM »

I tried rewatching Tale Spin when I rewatched the others, and although I can tell it's still a good show I still couldn't get myself to sit through it if that makes any sense.  There's just something about it that doesn't keep my interest, especially compared to Duck Tales (which I never had problems marathoning).

I marathoned Duck Tales, Darkwing Duck, Tale Spin and Chip N Dale like a year ago. Good times. Have not seen Gummi Bears again yet.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 29, 2009, 03:08:20 PM »
Bring "Peter Pig" back!  He's only in 1 cartoon and 1 comic book- talk about forgotten!

I made a post a while back with some forgotten characters, Peter Pig was one of those listed
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=29538.msg554438#msg554438

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 29, 2009, 03:27:39 PM »
BECKERS

Bonkers was a good one. I liked how it was a cartoon where 'humans' interacted with 'toons' in a modern world. A very fun concept. Plus Bonker's random and bizarre behaviors were always funny.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 29, 2009, 05:04:22 PM »
Warren Spector comments on the Concept Art we saw before the reveal of the game

Quote from: Warren Spector
"There are a couple aspects to that. I think I've mentioned before, that I'm a big believer in finding out where the line is by pushing past it. There are lines that are on every project; every project exists in a creative box. For most of my games, I create that box and the team has to sort of work within it. In this case, there's a creative box that I create, and there's the creative box that Disney overlays on that. I know where my lines are, but I don't know where Disney's are. I had a lot of stuff generated that was very specifically designed to be provocative and to cross that line. I know it's too far -- or is it? You tell me. So it forces a confrontation or a decision. Some of what you saw was beyond the line, and so I learned something from it. Some of it was early design ideas that are no longer relevant. Some of it is stuff that's still in the game, and I'm not saying what."

Something for the Disney fans;

Disney's Halloween Treat (1983)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 11:06:45 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 31, 2009, 02:38:46 AM »
So, the screens. The art style seems kind of inconsistent to me, unfinished. Like an early phase of a CGI movie. Also, the Mickey character model looks out of proportion. Too tall, ears to close to the head.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 31, 2009, 03:50:11 AM »
Well, it is unfinished. The screens of just the mouse are probably not in-engine and I don't like the lighting setup, threepoint just doesn't work well on cartoon characters.

Anyway, I like how Mickey looks on the ingame shots, his position and expression seems to actually fit into the environment, looking carefully downwards in mid-air, pretty unhappy while fleeing from a foe, happy while standing next to an ad of himself, etc.

If anyone knows gameplay it's Warren Spector. Deus Ex is still held in high esteem today despite its aged graphics and so is Thief: The Dark Project. System Shock got overshadowed by its sequel but that's still held in very high regard.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: October 31, 2009, 05:26:33 AM »
I loved Thief and Thief 2. I need to go back and play those games again. I think I had Deus Ex somewhere too, but I never played it because it couldn't run right on my system for some crazy reason.
My Game Collection

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: October 31, 2009, 01:44:04 PM »
Been so long since I played Deus-Ex I remember being blown away by how open ended the game was when it came to how you approach things.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: November 01, 2009, 10:09:46 AM »
I just watched Warren Spector's 30 minute presentation on Epic Mickey. Color me impressed. He's very passionate about the game. I'm starting to get excited about it. Granted, it's like, what, a year away from release, but considering it's now November, that time will fly by before you know it.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 12, 2010, 04:48:44 AM »
New Warren Spector Interview in the latest issue of Nintendo Power:
http://nintendopower.com/images/NP251_EpicMickey.jpg

« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 04:56:12 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: January 12, 2010, 11:04:26 AM »
Take note third parties, this is how you make a GOOD Nintendo-quality Wii without spreading bull-****.

On another note, I bet the PS360 fanboys are howling to have this game on their system, regardless of the fact they WON'T BUY IT.

Reality is hilarious.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: January 12, 2010, 11:23:34 AM »
The way to make Mickey special, I think, is not to put him in a zoot suit or do what some other cartoon companies have done with their characters in trying to make them look cool.

http://msnbcmedia2.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/050217/050217_loonatics_hmed.hlarge.jpg
My Game Collection

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: January 12, 2010, 11:57:40 AM »
The way to make Mickey special, I think, is not to put him in a zoot suit or do what some other cartoon companies have done with their characters in trying to make them look cool.

http://msnbcmedia2.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/050217/050217_loonatics_hmed.hlarge.jpg

Oh god I forgot about that crap!
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #347 on: January 12, 2010, 12:10:02 PM »
Why is Mickey topless when other characters are pantsless?

Why this sick double-standard?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: January 12, 2010, 12:26:55 PM »
Why is Mickey topless when other characters are pantsless?

Why this sick double-standard?

Not only that, but Donald Duck does not wear pants. Yet after he takes a shower he wraps himself with a towel and if the towel falls it is embarrassing.
My Game Collection

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: January 12, 2010, 06:20:59 PM »
Cinderella's destroyed ball gown must have so much erotic fan fiction dedicated to it.