Author Topic: Sega Officially Announces Sonic and the Black Knight  (Read 3522 times)

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
Sega Officially Announces Sonic and the Black Knight
« on: July 22, 2008, 02:46:05 PM »
Sonic Team is hard at work at the second entry in the storybook series.
 http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=16438

Sega officially announced yesterday that Sonic and the Black Knight is coming exclusively to Wii. The news was leaked over the weekend through a scan of the latest issue of Nintendo Power, though at the time it was not certain whether or not the scan was indeed official.    

It was revealed that Sonic Team in Japan is working on the title and that it is a sequel of sorts to Sonic and the Secret Rings. This will be the second entry in the Sonic storybook series and will be focused on the Arthurian legend much like Secret Rings was focused on the One Thousand and One Nights legend.    

The game will feature a Wii Remote and Nunchuk set up in contrast to the original title, which only used the Wii Remote. Players will be able to control Sonic and his trusty sword in Arthurian-inspired locales in the fast-paced adventure mode.    

Sonic and the Black Knight is currently slated for a Spring 2009 release exclusively for Wii.    

SEGA ANNOUNCES SONIC AND THE BLACK KNIGHT    

A new addition to the Storybook Series of Sonic Titles

SAN FRANCISCO & LONDON (July 21, 2008) –SEGA of Europe Ltd. and SEGA® of   America, Inc. today announced Sonicâ„¢ and the Black Knight, an all-new Wii-   exclusive adventure. Part of the storybook series of games that began with   Sonic and the Secret Rings, this new title brings Sonic into the world of   Arthurian legend and offers the worlds most infamous blue hedgehog the   chance to become a knight. Using the unique Wii control system, this   exciting game will take advantage of both the Wii Remote and the Nunchuk   to offer an interactive experience that any Sonic fans will love.    

Created by Sonic Team in Japan, this innovative game takes Sonic into a   medieval world and arms him with a sword to aid in his effort to save the   day. Sonic and the Black Knight will provide Sonic fans with an   irresistible cast of characters and teach them all what it takes to be a   true hero and the ultimate knight. With a series of missions taking place   in stunning Arthurian-inspired locations, Sonic and the Black Knight   promises to offer a fast-paced adventure that gamers of all ages will   enjoy.    

"After the success of Sonic and the Secret Rings we're delighted to   announce a second title in the Storybook Series," said Gary Knight,   European Marketing Director, SEGA Europe, "Following Sonic on his way to   knighthood will excite players of all ages."    

Sonic and the Black Knight, exclusively for the Wii, will be out in Spring 2009.

Check out PixlBit!

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
Re: Sega Officially Announces Sonic and the Black Knight
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 01:55:45 PM »
1st.

Sonic has only appeared in one great game the last 10 years. Super Smash Brothers Brawl.

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 02:13:25 PM »
Hey, maybe the second time will be the charm for this storybook series? Well, I guess its a good thing that they picked the Black Knight instead of the Dark Knight.

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 02:21:22 PM »
1st.

Seriously, don't start doing that, there is no purpose.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 02:56:10 PM »
4TH.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 05:54:48 PM »
Swords > guns?
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 06:02:45 PM »
Whatever happened to just sticking with good ole spines. I would okay with a variety of spinning tackles and flips.

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2008, 08:10:45 PM »
Am I the only one who actually enjoyed Secret Rings' change of pace?

I really like the Arabian nights settings and story. It made for a more whimsical Sonic storyline than the typical anime cliche stories.

The worlds were also quite varied and fun to play.

So logically, I can't wait to see what they do with the King Arthur stories.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2008, 09:06:58 PM »
1st.

Sonic has only appeared in one great game the last 10 years. Super Smash Brothers Brawl.

When you proclaimed your ability to be the first in a thread, what you have really said is "I have given no thought to this post and have thus given the energy that an ape can deliver."

And also, Sonic Rush was quite enjoyable.
It's time you saw the future while you still have human eyes.

... and those eyes see a 3DS system code : 2750-1598-3807

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2008, 09:12:09 PM »
Sonic Team is hard at work....

Stopped reading
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline Crimm

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2008, 09:12:55 PM »
And also, Sonic Rush was quite enjoyable.

But he said "great," and it was not "great."
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2008, 09:13:08 PM »
Yuji Naka = one-man merry-go-round
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Crimm

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2008, 09:13:52 PM »
Yuji Naka = Plastic Motorcycles
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline pyrokamileon

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2008, 09:58:30 PM »
I am so glad they decided to ditch that sucky Secret Rings control style!  Idk maybe if they had motion control plus it might of been okay but I bought the game loved so many things about it but eventually just couldn't play it anymore because that stupid tilt control really just ruined it for me!  it made it not fun, and it made me seel it back to the store, which I don't do often.  I will definately be renting this one first but so long as they fixed that one giant flaw I really don't see why I couldn't enjoy this new game...
At some point, I'd think Nintendo fans would get sick of the anticipation and just say "screw it," but Nintendophiles are odd, odd creatures indeed.<BR>—Chris Carle, IGN

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2008, 10:00:59 AM »
Excited because it is a sequel to Sonic and the Secret Rings.
Worried because it is using the Wiimote and Nunchuck.
Scared because it says "Sonic and the Black Knight will provide Sonic fans with an irresistible cast of characters..."

I disagree about the tilt controls but, will add the shaking to attack was what eventually got me. (Also anything to do with rails but, I hate the rails in all Sonic games because I have problems with it.)
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2008, 02:03:21 PM »
Am I the only one who actually enjoyed Secret Rings' change of pace?

Secret Rings had its moments, but there were quite a few cruddy missions.  Each world had 2 or 3 really fun "run straight through the level" missions that were quite enjoyable.  But for each one of those there were four or five "destroy X number of enemies/pots/whatever", "collect an insanely large number of rings", "beat a level in some arbitrary amount of time" and (my personal least favorite) "beat a level without killing any enemies" challenges.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!