Author Topic: North American Release of Spirit Camera: The Cursed Memoir Announced  (Read 1495 times)

Offline Patchkid15

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile

This 3DS Fatal Frame spin-off is coming stateside with a new name.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/28985

Spirit Camera: The Cursed Memoir is coming to North America on April 13, Nintendo of America announced today.

Spirit Camera, referred to in Japan as Shinrei Camera, is a spin-off of the Fatal Frame series and was developed by Tecmo Koei. 

A horror game that uses both the system's cameras for augmented-reality, players can see events from the game transpire in their own home. The game comes with a 16-page book full of images that make use of the 3DS's AR abilities. Focusing the 3DS cameras at the images will reveal movies or even bring characters to life for an interactive experience.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
Re: North American Release of Spirit Camera: The Cursed Memoir Announced
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 12:49:59 PM »
Sounds gimmicky, but also fun. Very interested to hear impressions and/or reviews.

Still wish the Fatal Frame Wii game had made it's way over even with some flaws in the control scheme. Prices to import now are more than I can justify, so I guess this will have to take it's place.
NNID: ejamer

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 02:29:13 PM »
Definitely going to get this.  It looks like an amusing use of the AR abilities of the 3DS.
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 02:58:00 PM »
Finally a game that will use th AR. I thought there would be a nice flood of em by now.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Chocobo_Rider

• Embrace the status quo.
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 03:03:28 PM »
I'm glad but there are many other 3DS games that I'm much more interested in coming to the states.  Let's just hope this is the first announcement of many!

Offline vamp21

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 08:53:48 PM »
I for one can not wait for this. I enjoyed the Fatal Frame series on the PS2. I've been watching the trailers and hoping for a U.S. announcement. I'm glad we will be getting Spirit Camera: The Cursed Memoir. This is a first day purchase for me.