Author Topic: Star Wars Fanhouse, Chewie, we're home!  (Read 162005 times)

Re: Star Wars Funhouse, A wretched hive of vum and scilliany.
« Reply #375 on: February 06, 2015, 03:51:54 AM »
the only logical way to go into and out of this movie not being disappointed is to have one expectation, there will be lightsabers. If you expect more than that your are setting your self up for major let down. If you have no interest in flashy light sabers don't watch Star Wars.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: February 06, 2015, 11:17:12 AM »
I could not / would not / should not read those leaks just in case they end up being true.

If the recent episodes of Rebels are any indicator, any and all of these rumors can easily be true. Just watched through episode 9 and all I can say is: *SIGH*...
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: February 11, 2015, 05:28:40 PM »
Rumored info on the new battlefront from Making star wars

The story of Star Wars: Battlefront’s campaign will span pretty much the entire Star Wars saga.
Star Wars Battlefront will feature segments in which you play as both the good guys (Old Republic, Rebellion and Republic) and bad guys (Separatists and the Empire). It was specifically stated that there will be a small portion of prequel trilogy content. You will participate in a couple of battles from the Star Wars: The Clone Wars, and the space battle above Corsucant from the beginning of Revenge of the Sith.
The majority of the campaign will take place during the original trilogy era. All of the battles and settings that you would expect to be there will be playable. It was said that the campaign itself is pretty long when compared to other first person shooters.
There will be some segments of the campaign which take place between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens. There won’t be a lot because in their words “Lucasfilm has a lot of plans for that era.”
The last section of the campaign takes place before and during the opening segments of The Force Awakens. Don’t expect anything too revealing, because the game is expected to ship about a month before the movie releases.
For both the Republic (that’s what the good guys are being called in the production here) and Empire sections you will be playing characters that actually appear in The Force Awakens.
EA/DICE was allowed into Pinewood Studios for a few days to scan and capture props, sets, etc for recreation in the game.
At one point either during either the portion between episodes 6 and 7 or the portion from the beginning of The Force Awakens a character with the last name Tarkin appears.
The scale of the multiplayer is going to be absolutely massive with up 64 players participating on each side.
Space to land battles are absolutely happening, but will only be available in certain game modes.
There will be a “hero” system in place, where as you play you accumulate points that you can eventually cash in to play as a “hero” character. These characters are extremely powerful and have abilities that are not available to the normal characters that you play for most of the matches. The system is constantly in flux, but as it is now, pretty much everyone have a chance to play as a hero at least once per match.
The Downloadable Content plan for the game is “extremely aggressive”. Expect up to five DLC packs for the game, with the first coming out before the end of 2015. Each pack will be themed, with the first two or three being exclusively based around content from The Force Awakens.
The game will ship with several The Force Awakens characters already, but some won’t be added until DLC. Specifically all of the characters in the trailers will be available at launch, as will new versions of the X-wing an TIE fighter.
Tons of new ships and vehicles.
The contents of each DLC will contain at least three new maps, new hero characters, and new vehicles/ships.
I saw a character model for the new Stormtroopers, the model for the new X-wings, and some random models of guns, grenades, and other things like that. However, the most interesting thing was a picture of a screen from one of the employee databases.
It was as a checklist that the department heads can go through to see whats been complete, whats been bug tested, etc. It was basically just a black screen with lines and lines of text posts, with comments and suggestions under each post. What was most interesting about this is what was listed. This particular screen I saw was for a listing of maps for the multiplayer mode. There was a lot of stuff that you’d expect to see in a game like this like:
Hoth: EP5
Endor: EP6
Alderaan
Corscucant
Yavin: EP4
Like I said, nothing major. EXCEPT for this listing that I saw
Tatooine: EP1
Tatooine; EP4
Tatooine: EP7
Now, I know that’s not concrete evidence that the desert planet from The Force Awakens is Tatooine, but I thought it was interesting because I know there was been some debate about that subject.
That is a lot to take in and if the information is accurate, it sounds like a really great experience for Star Wars fans and the links to the new movie sounds pretty good considering how paltry it could be.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: February 23, 2015, 11:22:41 AM »

PRINCESS LEIA #4 (of 5)
MARK WAID (w) • TERRY DODSON (a/C)
• The Empire is rounding up fugitive Alderaanians...
• ...that doesn’t sit well with their Princess.
• But what can one woman do against an Empire?
32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
Star Wars © Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM. All rights reserved. Used under authorization. Text and illustrations for Star Wars are © 2015 Lucasfilm Ltd.

STAR WARS #5
JASON AARON (W) • JOHN CASSADAY (A/C)
SKETCH VARIANT COVER BY JOHN CASSADAY
THE GREATEST SPACE ADVENTURE OF ALL TIME CONTINUES!
• As Luke goes home in search of the truth about his late mentor...
• ...Leia takes Han on a secret mission of vital importance to the Rebellion.
• Unfortunately, they both run into some unfriendly encounters.
32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
Star Wars © Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM. All rights reserved. Used under authorization. Text and illustrations for Star Wars are © 2015 Lucasfilm Ltd.

KANAN – THE LAST PADAWAN #2
GREG WEISMAN (w) • PEPE LARRAZ (a)
Cover by MARK BROOKS
REBELS TV ARTIST VARIANT BY TBA
CGI CHARACTER VARIANT COVER ALSO AVAILABLE
• His master betrayed and killed, young Caleb Dume is alone.
• When being a Jedi makes him a target, what can a Padawan do?
• Continuing the story of the birth of Star Wars Rebels’ Kanan Jarrus!
32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
Star Wars © Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM. All rights reserved.
Used under authorization. Text and illustrations for Star Wars are © 2015 Lucasfilm Ltd.

DARTH VADER #5
KIERON GILLEN (W) • SALVADOR LARROCA (A)
Cover by ADI GRANOV
VARIANT COVER BY SALVADOR LARROCA
• Vader continues his investigation into the Emperor’s secrets...
• Not everyone wants him to find out the truth.
• Who are Vader’s mysterious new rivals?
32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
Star Wars © Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM. All rights reserved. Used under authorization. Text and illustrations for Star Wars are © 2015 Lucasfilm Ltd

Plus some interesting rumors since last week from Making Star Wars.

Rumor 1

-This scene takes place in the evil castle and maybe be the same snowy planet from the teaser trailer.
-Han solo is hiding and comes out to reveal himself to Kylo Renn (Sith from the trailer)
-Finn, Rey, chewie and the new droid stop in their tracks to watch the confrotation.
-Renn and Han exchange words and Renn silences the conversation forever.
-Chewbacca yells and blasts while Renn leaves.
-Han is no longer in the film after this scene.

Rumor 2

-Luke is only in a few scenes in the movie.
-he shows up at the end and in  flashback sequence.
-Seems like Luke set up a Jedi Academy but quit when the majority of his student were slaughtered over the Mcguffin lightsaber.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: March 10, 2015, 08:47:37 PM »
Star Wars #3 from Marvel comes out tomorrow.

Lucas film announced one of the first Major branches of Star Wars merchadising and lead up to the the Force Awakens with a Publishing Initiative called Jounry to the Force Awakens. Its a series of Novels, YA Books, and comcis that will span the 30 year gap between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens. Hints and piceces to Force Awkanes wlll be in these books so they'll hint at what gets out big three to where they are now.

Star Wars: Aftermath
Star Wars: Lost Stars by Glaudia Gray
The Weapon of a Jedi : A Luke Skywalker Adventure by Jason Fry
Smuggler's Run; A Han Solo Adventure by Greg Ruka
Moving Target: A Princess Leia Adventure by Cecil Castellucci[size=78%] [/size]
Star Wars: Journey to the Force Awakens
Star Wars: Journey to the force awakens C-3PO

The synopsis of Aftermath
[/size]The second Death Star is destroyed. The Emperor and his powerful enforcer, Darth Vader, are rumored to be dead. The Galactic Empire is in chaos.[/size]Across the galaxy, some systems celebrate, while in others Imperial factions tighten their grip. Optimism and fear reign side by side.
And while the Rebel Alliance engages the fractured forces of the Empire, a lone Rebel scout uncovers a secret Imperial meeting…

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: March 12, 2015, 10:12:45 PM »
So today was pretty big news for Star Wars fans.
[/size]
[/size]First the Plot synopsis to some more of the Journey to the Force Awakens books just came out.
[/size]
[/size]First up is Lost Stars being written by Claudia Grey
[/size]
This thrilling Young Adult novel gives readers a macro view of some of the most important events in the Star Wars universe, from the rise of the Rebellion to the fall of the Empire. Readers will experience these major moments through the eyes of two childhood friends-Ciena Ree and Thane Kyrell-who have grown up to become an Imperial officer and a Rebel pilot. Now on opposite sides of the war, will these two star-crossed lovers reunite, or will duty tear them-and the galaxy-apart?

[/size]Star Wars: Lost Stars also includes all-new post-Star Wars: Return of the Jedi content, as well as hints and clues about the upcoming film Star Wars: The Force Awakens, making this a must-read for all Star Wars fans.

[/size]
[/size]After that we get too the books about the big three.
[/size]
[/size]The Weapon of a Jedi written by Jason Fry
[/size]
Luke Skywalker returns for an all-new adventure in this thrilling upper middle grade novel. Set between Star Wars: A New Hopeand Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, the story finds Luke Skywalker, C-3PO, and R2-D2 stranded on a mysterious planet, and explores Luke’s first-ever duel with a lightsaber. Hidden in the story are also clues and hints about the upcoming film Star Wars: The Force Awakens, making this a must-read for fans old and new!

[/size][/color]
[/size]Smuggler's Run written by  Greg Ruka
[/size]
Han Solo and Chewbacca the Wookiee team-up for an all-new adventure in this thrilling upper middle grade novel. Set betweenStar Wars: A New Hope and Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back,the story follows everyone’s favorite pair of smugglers as they fly theMillennium Falcon on a top-secret mission for the Rebellion. Hidden in the story are also hints and clues about the upcoming film, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, making this a must-read for fans old and new!

[/size][/color]
[/size]and lastly Moving Target written by [/color][/size]Cecil Castellucci[
[/font]
Princess Leia returns for an all-new adventure in this thrilling upper middle grade novel. Set between Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back and Star Wars: The Return of the Jedi, the story follows the warrior princess as she leads a ragtag group of rebels on a dangerous mission against the evil Galactic Empire. Hidden in the story are also hints and clues about the upcoming film Star Wars: The Force Awakens, making this a must-read for fans old and new!

and in Even Bigger news Lucasfilm confrimed that Rian Johnson will be indeed writing and directing Star Wars Wars Episode IX. Only thing from Johnson is he confrimed that Frank Oz will return as Yoda.

Lucasfilm also released the frist details on the Star Wars Spin off film now Known as Rouge One written by John Knoll and with Felicity Jones as the lead. Its been confirmed that is a Rouge Squarden movie and will probably be top gunn in space.

« Reply #381 on: March 12, 2015, 11:22:52 PM »
I am going to remain positive this new movie will be good. Nothing is going to shake that. All I have to do is watch nothing but terrible movies between now and then and set my expectations really low. When does Mocking Jay 2 hit that should lower my expectations just enough.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: March 13, 2015, 06:49:01 AM »
That is a lot of effort to watch a **** movie.

Yub yub, Commander.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: March 13, 2015, 05:11:01 PM »
Yub yub Commander! Loved the Rogue/Wraith Squadron books. I hope they are able to capture that spirit in this new "Rogue One" film.

My optimism is shrinking bit by bit as I learn more about the new direction Star Wars is going. I'll still see it opening night and hope for the best, but nothing being worked on other than Rogue One sounds interesting and that is just based on my hope it is like RS.
My Game Collection

« Reply #384 on: March 13, 2015, 09:53:21 PM »
I loved all the X-Wing books they were some of my favorite Star Wars books. I always thought of them as side books though not really a part of the main story but you still had some really interesting stuff in them.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: March 13, 2015, 10:17:13 PM »
Wedge Antilles and Corran Horn were some of my favorite characters. And Aaron Allston's writing style in the Wraith Squadron books were hilarious. I loved the running joke about an Ewok pilot and IT TURNS OUT THERE IS ONE. Love it. May he rest in peace. Michael A Stackpole is a great author too. I enjoy his other works as well.
My Game Collection

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: March 13, 2015, 10:22:36 PM »
Is the actor who played Wedge signed on for any new movie? I'm trying to stay level headed about this but we are about 6 weeks away  (maybe less) from the trailer to
THE SEQUAL TO RETURN OF THE JEDI!!

I trying not to lose it but when I see that trailer...its pretty much a wrap and I her lose my **** over this kinda stuff!

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: March 13, 2015, 10:26:01 PM »
I have not heard anything about...I forgot his real name...returning to play Wedge. I truly feel he needed to make a cameo in some form and will be rather bummed if they ditch him from the Rogue One film. The character belongs in a story about rebel fighter pilots.
My Game Collection

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: March 14, 2015, 12:21:47 PM »
I agree. Maybe he can be the teacher ala TOP GUN. Wasn't he a better pilot than Luke?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: March 14, 2015, 05:31:18 PM »
I think the consensus was that without the force being involved Wedge would win in a fight. I believe he even went head to head with other Jedi and gave them runs for their money.
My Game Collection

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: March 16, 2015, 04:00:34 PM »
Well Abrahams went to the guy who played Wedge and he declined. I could see him coming back for a role that isn't a glorfied cameo though.

Some new Star Wars news.

Here's the promo cover to Star Wars Journey to the force awakens by Phil Noto. The title of the books is shattered empire though no writer or artist was given.

mm
The writer of Star Wars: Aftermath has been been announced as Chuck Wendig.

The composer for Star Wars: Rouge One is Alexandre Desplat.

EA wannounced that they will be at celebration next month so expect a blow out of Battlefield all next month.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: March 16, 2015, 04:23:23 PM »
A theory has it that the "big Wii U port" Tantalus is working on could be the new Battlefront because Disney ordered the game to be on every platform and since EA is being all stuck up they got Tantalus to do it. If that is the case we may get a fantastic quality title. Tantalus does good work on Nintendo systems, just like Treyarch.
My Game Collection

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: March 16, 2015, 08:37:26 PM »
I'm not sure, Battlefront is skipping the last gen platforms so I could see it missing the Wii U as well.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: March 25, 2015, 01:13:48 PM »
So EA confirmed that the Platforms for Star Wars Battlefront will be PC/PS4/Xbox One.

Here's the description to Star Wars: Dark Disciple.
Based on unproduced scripts from the blockbuster TV show Star Wars: The Clone Wars!

The only way to bring down the dark side’s most dangerous warrior may be for Jedi and Sith to join forces.

In the war for control of the galaxy between the armies of the dark side and the Republic, former Jedi Master turned ruthless Sith Lord Count Dooku has grown ever more brutal in his tactics. Despite the powers of the Jedi and the military prowess of their clone army, the sheer number of fatalities is taking a terrible toll. And when Dooku orders the massacre of a flotilla of helpless refugees, the Jedi Council feels it has no choice but to take drastic action: targeting the man responsible for so many war atrocities, Count Dooku himself.

But the ever-elusive Dooku is dangerous prey for even the most skilled hunter. So the Council makes the bold decision to bring both sides of the Force’s power to bear—pairing brash Jedi Knight Quinlan Vos with infamous one-time Sith acolyte Asajj Ventress. Though Jedi distrust for the cunning killer who once served at Dooku’s side still runs deep, Ventress’s hatred for her former master runs deeper. She’s more than willing to lend her copious talents as a bounty hunter—and assassin—to Vos’s quest.

Together, Ventress and Vos are the best hope for eliminating Dooku—as long as the emerging feelings between them don’t compromise their mission. But Ventress is determined to have her retribution and at last let go of her dark Sith past. Balancing the complicated emotions she feels for Vos with the fury of her warrior’s spirit, she resolves to claim victory on all fronts—a vow that will be mercilessly tested by her deadly enemy . . . and her own doubt.

According to Making Star War Disney and Paramount have reached a deal where Disney won't talk about  Star Wars Rouge One until after Summer 2015 because of the name similarties to Mission impossible Rouge Nation.

Also from Making Star Wars, a live action Star Wars TV series in development, but its probably a few years off a Lucasfilm needs to get scheduling down so they can use Pinewood all year round and reuse sets from the films for the TV Series. So We probably won't get the series until Late 2016 or 2017 so far.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: March 25, 2015, 04:11:41 PM »
that is why when EA got the license, i was like "ah **** that"
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: March 25, 2015, 06:31:45 PM »
that is why when EA got the license, i was like "ah **** that"

Why, I'm pretty sure it would be the same if it were Lucasfilm making the games. I mean the whole reason why they gave EA the lsience was so they could have major control of the games that are made without internal development.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: March 26, 2015, 01:32:21 AM »
He is finally done and has pre-emptively put to shame whatever JJ is going to throw up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN_CP4SuoTU
Far more Star Wars than the prequels and Rebels combined.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: March 30, 2015, 09:51:38 PM »
He is finally done and has pre-emptively put to shame whatever JJ is going to throw up.

Eh the actual framing is off forth star fights which ahs something that has been consistent for majority of the series. Also the series has never been about Graphic death imo.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: March 31, 2015, 10:26:40 AM »
Eh the actual framing is off forth star fights which ahs something that has been consistent for majority of the series. Also the series has never been about Graphic death imo.

Can you rephrase that? I am having trouble interpreting what you're writing.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: March 31, 2015, 05:46:35 PM »

lol why is this supposed to be impressive? I mean I get that it's commendable that it was drawn and animated by the one guy, but other than that I don't get what's so special about it.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).