Author Topic: Star Wars Fanhouse, Chewie, we're home!  (Read 161996 times)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Funhouse, A wretched hive of vum and scilliany.
« Reply #350 on: January 16, 2015, 12:59:58 AM »
The upcoming movies are going to make all the expanded universe novel fans very angry.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: January 16, 2015, 02:01:15 AM »
The upcoming movies are going to make all the expanded universe novel fans very angry.

One can only hope. Those expanded universe novels always made me very angry. The Empire continues to get defeated all the time. C'mon!
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: January 16, 2015, 02:43:56 PM »

Already happened in may when Lucasfilm posted the video explaining the Expanded Universe is no longer cannon and was being replaced with content that was canon with the films. Now everything post rebels is canon.

Star Wars canon

Films
The Original trilogy
The Prequel Trilogy
Force Awakens
The spin-off films

TV series'
Clone Wars 3D
Star Wars Rebels

Books
New Dawn
Tarkin
Servants of the Empire :Edge of the galaxy
Heir to the Jedi
Lords of the Sith
Dark Disciple

Comics
Son of Dathomier
Star Wars
Vadar
Princess Leia
K'naan

The Fanboys have already had their say and there's a small number of people boycotting or trashing the new Eu whenever they can.

So about the prequels am I the only one who didn't mind midicholrians. I felt it was an alright plot device to get Anikan to where he needed to be, as well as ay to catalog power levels DBZ style.

3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

« Reply #353 on: January 16, 2015, 03:25:35 PM »
I changed my mind. I am still hyped for this new movie, I still like the previous films so that is all I will say on it anymore.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 04:14:21 PM by marvel_moviefan_2012 »
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: January 16, 2015, 04:33:23 PM »
I changed my mind. I am still hyped for this new movie, I still like the previous films so that is all I will say on it anymore.

Good, good. By now you must know you can never be turned! It is your destiny!

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: January 16, 2015, 04:46:59 PM »
You want this, don't you? The hate is swelling in you now. Take your Jedi weapon. Use it. I am unarmed. Strike me down with it. Give in to your anger. With each passing moment you make yourself more my servant.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: January 16, 2015, 04:50:45 PM »

NO, YOU'RE WRONG! YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT! YOU ARE NOT HYPED!
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: January 16, 2015, 05:05:24 PM »

Your post betray you, I read the hype in you, the conflict.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: January 23, 2015, 10:44:13 PM »
The Star Wars comics coming out in April.

Kanan - The Last Padawan #1

GREG WEISMAN (w) • PEPE LARRAZ (a)
 Cover by MARK BROOKS
 YOUNG VARIANT BY SKOTTIE YOUNG
 STAR WARS: REBELS TELEVISION SHOW VARIANT COVER
 BLANK VARIANT COVER ALSO AVAILABLE
 VARIANT COVER BY TBA
• Kanan Jarrus--in STAR WARS REBELS, he’s a cocky, sarcastic renegade fighting against the Galactic Empire alongside the rag-tag crew of the Ghost...but years before, at the height of the Clone Wars, he was known as Caleb Dume, Jedi Padawan under the instruction of Jedi Master Depa Billaba. Neither master nor apprentice ever suspected that the Clone Troopers they commanded would turn on them upon the issuing of Order 66—the order to execute all Jedi. How did Caleb Dume survive? How did he learn to survive on his own? And how did he become the man we know as Kanan Jarrus? Writer Greg Weisman (writer/executive producer on STAR WARS REBELS, SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN) and artist Pepe Larraz (DEADPOOL VS. X-FORCE, THOR, INHUMAN) bring us a tale bridging the years between the Clone Wars and Rebels!

Princess Leia #3

MARK WAID (w) • TERRY DODSON (a/C)
 VARIANT COVER BY TBA
• Leia’s mission leads to the underground world of Sullust!
• The Empire’s forces are on her trail and gaining!
• Join the galaxy’s toughest Princess on a quest to save her people!

Darth Vadar #4

KIERON GILLEN (W) • SALVADOR LARROCA (A)
 Cover by ADI GRANOV
 VARIANT COVER BY SALVADOR LARROCA
• Revenge of the Battle Droids???
• Vader returns to Geonosis to build his army!
• The Dark Lord’s ascension continues!

Star Wars #4

JASON AARON (W) • JOHN CASSADAY (A/C)
 SKETCH VARIANT COVER BY JOHN CASSADAY
 VARIANT COVER BY TBA
 THE GREATEST SPACE ADVENTURE OF ALL TIME CONTINUES!
• Luke Skywalker is NOT a Jedi—not yet, at least.
• He’s only ever met one Jedi in his life...and he died.
• So, Luke’s quest leads him back to Obi-Wan’s hut...on Tatooine.

There should be announcement of Annuals and New books come March at celebration.

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: January 25, 2015, 08:03:38 AM »
If Endor is a moon, then where is the planet?

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: January 25, 2015, 08:26:01 AM »
Well you've gotta figure the Death Star stayed on the other side of the moon from the planet, and that's the only side we saw it from.

J.P. Corbran

« Reply #361 on: January 25, 2015, 03:51:46 PM »
I just watched James and Mike Monday's play through of Star Wars Shadows of the Empire and I forgot how huge that thing was. He made a comment about how, to him, it seemed like that mini-franchise was what made Boba Fett such a legend. At first I wasn't sure but then I remembered I got my first Boba Fett figure after reading that book and playing that game. Before that he was just another no named character in the background I didn't know much about because I wasn't alive when the holiday special aired and I never had the mail in figure because it was already rare by the time I was old enough to know it even existed.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: January 26, 2015, 09:22:56 PM »
The game gets even bigger when you unlock the uber secrets.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: January 30, 2015, 02:55:22 PM »
I was just thinking:

I would pay green money for a iRobot/Roomba that was shaped like R2-D2 and played his sound effects. Really! If they gave it Siri/Ok, Google commands, I'd pay an enormous amount of money. WHY ISN"T THIS A THINGY YET?

Edit: I never knew how much a normal Roomba co$t, belay my last. A regular , non-droid Roomba is completely over priced .
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 03:03:51 PM by Nile Boogie Returns »

« Reply #364 on: January 30, 2015, 03:32:07 PM »
There are rumors that Darth Vader will make an appearance in this film, either full on resurrected, a ghost, or a flash  back. I do not like any of those ideas. The dream sequence in Sith was so out of place with the rest of the movies I would think a flash back would be jarring. A full on resurrection makes sense to some degree as they did that with the Emperor but it diminishes his story a little. A ghost appearance = Hayden loserface and I am not OK with that.

Damn you Oohboy, you might get your wish of them not only ruining this movie, but sucking my hype for it out.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: January 30, 2015, 04:01:46 PM »
Zombies are really popular right now, and who doesn't love Darth Vader? They'd be stupid not to combine the two.

J.P. Corbran

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: January 30, 2015, 06:30:31 PM »
I am pretty damn sure Luke burned the half a corpse of Vader on Endor. If they clone his ass just to put him in a suit, I will die drowning in the tears of my own laughter. He is dead, move on, the PT ruined him there is no need to "Finish" a job completed.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: January 30, 2015, 06:33:58 PM »
The books and comics used clones to great effect in some instances. You could apparently use the force to attach a person's spirit to a new clone body if done correctly. In the Zhan trilogy (Heir to the Empire, Dark Forces, Last Command), there is a cloned ancient Jedi master where the "sync" went horribly wrong and he became deranged. Not necessarily a dark Jedi, but deranged. And he got worse mentally as time went on. He ended up cloning Luke from the severed had on Cloud City too. He was also obsessed with getting Han and Leia's unborn, force sensitive twin children.

I could see Abrams having a cloned Darth Vader brought back by a power hungry Imperial Moff who did not know he had "turned back" to the light side. But the cloning process can cause Vader to go berserk and he becomes obsessed with his kids/grand kids. It would make sense to have Vader be obsessed with his grandchildren (assuming they do a plot point like that).

It could also be a fake Vader since anyone could easily create a false suit similar to his to use as an intimidating image of power. Since Vader and the Emperor are dead who would be around to complain? If this takes place far enough in the future it could easily be an admiring copycat similar to the young Joker in the New Justice League/Batman shows.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: January 30, 2015, 06:43:45 PM »
Flashbacks would be weird because none of the on screen material has used them. I know rebels has a no flashback policy for example.

As for Vadar we know his armor is in the film as the main site guy is obsessed with the sith and more importantly Vadar himself.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: January 30, 2015, 07:24:02 PM »
It could be like a Frankenstein Vader, with bits of his corpse and some other evil corpses shot with force lightning to reanimate them.

J.P. Corbran

« Reply #370 on: January 30, 2015, 10:48:28 PM »
I always wanted Vader to come back in the books. Back when they were still considered official canon, before the prequels, Lucas basically said Vader is dead he will never be revived for the novels. He kept his word on that. If the new guard ignores that they will really be splitting the fanbase, whats left of it, even further down the middle.

As for the suit, Vader wasn't intimidating because he wore black, he was intimidating because he could kill you with his thoughts, any Moff or other non-Force sensitive person trying to "spook" people by wearing a Vader costume will still have to find a way to kill people with their thoughts or else they won't fall for it.

It could be like the Hand of Thrawn books though where they basically create a fake Thrawn and spook the Alliance into over reacting just because of how cunning the real one was. In that scenario it could work for a short period but eventually people will catch on. Vader was also intimidating because he reigned in a time where people had forgotten the Jedi as he had already begun hunting them down. Any people alive during his reign would have feared him even more because they weren't used to the power of the Jedi. In this series presumably Luke should have at least stated training some new legion of Jedi so people will be more open to the Force by now making a Sith Lord less intimidating.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: February 03, 2015, 07:54:00 PM »
A lot of new news and rumors regarding the star wars universe.
Apologies for how in organized the posy is, I'm typing from my phone.

As in concrete news

-Star Wars Rebels season 2 will be twice as long as the first going to 22 episodes.

-Lando will show up as a recurring guest character and have more appearances.

-Hondo from the clone wars will shoe up in season 2 as well. 

-Tarkin is in the next episode of rebels and looks pretty meaning.

Making Star Wars had two big rumored leaks with the bullet points being.

Leak 1
-Snow Planet from the trailer isn't both, and it was seperatly rumored to be a planet with multiple biomoes.

-The film features a super weapon that can dtect force seneative people across the galaxy. It's bing used by the Empor to hint them down which is why Luke hasn't established a Jedi order. Early rumors did point to a Super weapon in a Sith home world.

-A new ship called the mirror is tied too the planet and is too big and powerful to be destroyed.

-The new Republic had been building a death star in secret and Leia has to choose weather to use it or not to destroy the super weapon planet.

-Rey isn't dasoy ridley's charcters name and is an alias like how obi wan went as Ben.

Leak 2
-Rey and Luke went into hiding around the same time.

-Rey is the daughter of Han and Leia

-Her lightsaber is mcguffin that opens up proverbial pandoars box on super weapon planet.

-Kylo Ten (Sith from the trailer) is collecting Sith artifacts becyse he's a fanboy and he needs the one that can open IP the Sith tomb.

-Luke is on self imposed exile and is guarding the Sith tomb where he's tormented by spirits that make him seem crazed.

-Gleason's character is a rbel who's the son of a huge character (Luke) who is hunting Finn (Boyega) and is looking for a way to atop both super weapons. Death Star 3 (Rebels) and Sith Planet (Empire)

Gwendoline Christen is a empire shock trooper with chrome armor that has a stealth mode. She has a lightsaber and kills without care. (She's supposed to be related to Dooku or Tarkin).

-The tomb is the body of an ancient evil and Luke doesn't know how to open it, but kylo renn does.

-The lightsaber is the Mcguffin that brings the new trio together and to Han. Han doesn't. Want Rey to go off on a adventure.

-Try is in love with Poe (Oscar Issac) and Han doesn't approve.

-Finns family was killed by the empire and he was pushed. Into forced recruitment.

-Finn and Pie meet in a imperial prison and don't really get along. They team up with Rey to break out.

-Finn steals a tie fighter and cragses and gets injured. (The start of the trailer perhaps)

Finnuses a lightsaber to delrect a blaster in a bar and Rey realizes he's force sensitive.  Finn is a pacfist at the start.

Max Von Sydow is a old revel alliance vet who deals with relics. He reveals why the lightsaber is important and its why Rey and runn share one for most of the film.

-Rey is reluctant to become a Jedi and was put it hiding and had her name changed to protect her from being tied to Luke and Han. Max is in on it and is her watcher.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: February 03, 2015, 08:39:45 PM »
God, I hope the majority of those "leaks" aren't true.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: February 03, 2015, 09:22:23 PM »
I could not / would not / should not read those leaks just in case they end up being true.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: February 03, 2015, 09:33:55 PM »
I'll spoil tags them or delete them.once I'm near a computer.

Star Wars #2 is out tomorrow.