Author Topic: Am I the only one who has the blues over Konami?  (Read 11734 times)

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Re: Am I the only one who has the blues over Konami?
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2015, 08:36:33 AM »
The only things I care about that Konami owns are Castlevania and Bomberman but those function around gameplay styles that will continue to exist even without the IPs backing them, but its sad to see a character design like Bomberman go to waste.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline ClexYoshi

• Passionate Poster
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2015, 07:31:34 PM »
The only things I care about that Konami owns are Castlevania and Bomberman but those function around gameplay styles that will continue to exist even without the IPs backing them, but its sad to see a character design like Bomberman go to waste.

La Mulana stands as testament to that, I suppose...

I'm kinda surprised there's no Contra/Gradius/Mystical Ninja/Rocket Knight love in this thread at the very least...!

Or Snatcher... :C the only real sequel we ever got to that was that radio drama that happened.

This also kinda shoots in the foot any chance we'd ever get of having a version of GetsuFu-Maden ever translated... or Wai Wai World 2... (Let's face it; Wai Wai world has Mikey Walsh from the Goonies and King Kong in it because Konami didn't think through was having characters from licenced products in their game would do for being able to re-release them...)

I'm bummed about the whole thing, but getting you folks to talk about it with me has at least offered me some catharsis.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2015, 06:42:35 PM »
Those are all good series'
if we break Konami down we have

Metal Gear, Silent Hill, Castlevania, Contra, Gradius, Mystical Ninja, Bomberman. Lots of hits. Maybe Nintendo should buy them if they are on the downslide. 

i'd sy they are worth more of a purchase than a capcom. They're pretty neck and neck with Sega. Also, that would chop off one of Sony's legs.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post