Author Topic: Final Fantasy?? EVER??  (Read 6230 times)

Offline Oni

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Final Fantasy?? EVER??
« on: August 05, 2004, 12:48:03 PM »
I for one, love the final fantasy games. It would be awsome if ANY came out for game cube. I'm thinking its some kind of Nintendo rights crap, but if you have any information, or at least agree and want to ask the company about it, let me know.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
RE: Final Fantasy?? EVER??
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2004, 12:55:27 PM »
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Oni

• View Profile
RE:Final Fantasy?? EVER??
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2004, 01:21:24 PM »
oh....yeah.....im feeling REALLY stupid right now. that game didnt look very good, you know what i was getting at, lol. REAL final fantasy hahaha...um...yeah

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2004, 01:29:12 PM »

oh....yeah.....im feeling REALLY stupid right now. that game didnt look very good, you know what i was getting at, lol. REAL final fantasy hahaha...um...yeah

Just because it didn't look good doesn't mean it wasn't good. In my opinion it's a lot better than any of the 3D Final Fantasy games, but to each his own, I guess. I'm personally surprised we even got Crystal Chronicles, so I wouldn't bank on a main Final Fantasy game ever, really.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2004, 02:03:38 PM »
With the coolness of ToS, i'm eagerly anticipating the battle system in XII.  It would also be cool if Ninty got a delayed improved version of the game.  Then I could stop complaining about the ToS shambles...  (Yes I know the games weren't made by the same companies)
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline StrikerObi

• BanEditLockDelete Podcast Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
    • Pixel du Jour
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2004, 02:06:48 PM »
Funny, I thought FFCC looked beautiful and also played well, especailly with 4 people. It's a blast.

Offline Oni

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2004, 03:13:08 PM »
Ok ok, you all have me convinced. I was just a little hesitant with the graphics, if you know what i mean..but I'll give it a shot. I would like to give personal apologies to those i have so clearly offended.

yeah...right

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2004, 03:26:07 PM »
Skies of Arcadia > Anything that Square will ever make.

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2004, 03:43:43 PM »
I find that if you think of Final Fantasy:Crystal Chronicles as a game in the MANA series, you'll feel much better.  I did.  
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2004, 04:00:31 PM »
"I find that if you think of Final Fantasy:Crystal Chronicles as a game in the MANA series, you'll feel much better. I did."

I find that if you realize that the MANA series was actually an offshoot of Final Fantasy to begin with...
It's time you saw the future while you still have human eyes.

... and those eyes see a 3DS system code : 2750-1598-3807

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2004, 04:19:55 PM »

I find that if you realize that the MANA series was actually an offshoot of Final Fantasy to begin with...

But it played completely differently, which is I think what Omen was going for. Crystal Chronicles is basically a Mana game with the Final Fantasy title slapped on it.  
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2004, 04:21:50 PM »
And the original Seiken Densetsu was a different game with the Final Fantasy name slapped on it, too.

That series has a legacy of this, it seems.
It's time you saw the future while you still have human eyes.

... and those eyes see a 3DS system code : 2750-1598-3807

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2004, 05:55:16 PM »
FFCC, in the spirit of the Mana series, I'd say has the most dumbed-down gameplay in the series.  Where'd all the nice magic and special attacks and attack style variety go?  Where's my class changes?!  Where's the overworld?

I still had loads of fun with 2-players, tho.  But I still yearned for more, umm, complexity and depth.

And graphically, FFCC's had a better 3D engine than any PS2 FF (and Kingdom Hearts) game.  Sharper textures, more detailed modeling, much more detailed scenery (I like Alfitaria), boob physics, no "shaky" idly-standing characters, and a reliable 30fps framerate in gameplay and cutscenes.  The problem is the "oldskool" isometric view/presentation makes it difficult to acknowledge the quality of the graphics at first glance.  It requires a closer look.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline BrandNew

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2004, 06:51:15 PM »

And graphically, FFCC's had a better 3D engine than any PS2 FF (and Kingdom Hearts) game. Sharper textures, more detailed modeling, much more detailed scenery (I like Alfitaria), boob physics, no "shaky" idly-standing characters, and a reliable 30fps framerate in gameplay and cutscenes. The problem is the "oldskool" isometric view/presentation makes it difficult to acknowledge the quality of the graphics at first glance. It requires a closer look.

I'll agree with you partially there.  While it was a beautiful game, I stand firmly that I think Kingdom Hearts is the most impressive looking Square game this generation.  With the release of Final Fantasy XII, though, that might change.

I would really like to see more partnership between Squenix and Nintendo, and we're getting hints of it from everywhere.  Lots of GBA games, possible remakes on the DS...this may lead up to the cross releases of the traditional Final Fantasy games on both Nintendo and Sony's consoles.  Pure speculation, but something to ponder.
Now Playing:

GC: Tales of Symphonia
PS2: Kingdom Hearts
Xbox: Ninja Gaiden
GBA: Mario and Luigi
PS: Chono Cross
N64: Super Mario 64
SNES: Seiken Densetsu 3
NES: The Legend of Zelda

Offline kirby_killer_dedede

• I SUK AT DIS ENTERNIT OK
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2004, 02:35:03 AM »
The fantasies never ceise to be final.  Play your FF games on a GB Player.

Idiots, you know why we even got CC?  Because Ninty told 'em if they wanted to develop for the GBA, they had to make an FF for the GC.  If you think we're getting another one, I'll tell you this: SQUARE WANTS NINTENDO TO SUCK ITS ASS OVER AND OVER AGAIN.  AND AGAIN.  NOT STOPPING.  KEEP SUCKING.  *poodle away*  
WHY HELLO THAR MR. ANDERSUN

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2004, 04:25:25 AM »
The Moon Men from Aqua Teen Hunger Force tell me we're getting another one.  Should I believe them?
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Draygaia

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2004, 05:22:25 AM »
Why does someone always bring up Skies of Arcadia > Square anything?  That game is overrated.  It too has the annoying random enemy encounters, dungeons are plain pieces of cake, magic is so unbalanced (one type of magic for focusing on one enemy and another for focusing on every enemy, yeah like we don't come across enemies that need attacking of everything in which is one-focus magic is a weakness),  Pirates get better than you when you level up let them save the damn world, graphics aren't as detailed as the FF games, story is crap compared to most FF, points for techniques suck compared to points for magic and techniques of Chrono Cross,  you can't really focus on a magic to learn since a lot of times you need another for enemy weakness, and its number one reason why its so popular is because we see an updated DC version on the GCN version and not the PS2.

I don't know what you guys are smoking but Nintendo needs to toughen up and get all these RPG companies they created to work on the GCN.  Square-Enix is something and not nothing will always work for the winner only.
www.chickenpatrol.com  Don't just eat meat.  Eat chicken.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2004, 08:26:41 AM »
Skies of Arcadia is already better than FF becasue it's PIRATES.  Nevermind it being a better game.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline ABlueflameA

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2004, 08:57:09 AM »
I'd rather have Tales of Symphonia 2 and a new Skies of Arcadia game than 100 Final Fantasy's.  When will it ever be the FINAL final fantasy?  In like 30 years from now they'll have Final Fantasy 40 X17 or something ridiculous like that and it will still be crap filled with FMV's every 3 seconds.

I think FMV's should be shown only a little bit in a videogame, like after boss fights, as an intro and as an ending.  See Starcraft or Diablo for beautiful examples.  

Oh, and I'd take 1 Blizzard FMV over 100 FF FMV's any day of the week and twice on tuesdays.

In effect: I dont care about FF.  

-Blue
Yea! Ramen!

Offline Draygaia

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2004, 09:28:57 AM »
Games are getting better with graphics so they don't really need the FMV also I don't remember seeing so much FMV that it sucked.  I wanted more actually!  I also don't see what makes seeing a movie in non FMV every 3 seconds (?) better than seeing a movie in FMV every 3 seconds (??)

Pirates are known for $H1T.  
www.chickenpatrol.com  Don't just eat meat.  Eat chicken.

Offline Pikkcuber

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2004, 10:03:29 AM »
Final Fantasys have never been the same since 7, until square figures out which battle systems are the best to stick with we are not missing much.  And because of the liscensing we will never get a true game in the ff series.  But thats okay as long as we get tehre best games ported to the GBA/DS.
PikkCuber

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2004, 03:43:53 PM »
NO Finaly Fanstasy's have never been the same since 6 since that game had the best story and sephiroth can't touch kefka so .  Also the lack of PSP support can mean crippled PS3 support but who knows.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline Pikkcuber

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2004, 05:17:26 PM »
I have never actually played ff7 but i have tried it out for a couple minutes, the battle system is good and from what i hear the story was great, so even though im not a fan of the square-sony bond i do have to say that this was a good game.  I am a huge ff6 fan but i have to say Kefka wasnt the best boss in the world, some of his dialouge was stupid and other stuff like that.  But the way he acted in certain situations made you hate him and want revenge, given that its easy to say Kefka definitly has traits of A great boss.
PikkCuber

Offline RCmodeler

• banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2004, 03:49:37 AM »
I think there are two reasons for Square NOT to target Cube:

(1) PS2 has nearly 100 million users.   They will reach nearly everybody.

(2) Even if they wanted to port FF12 to the Cube, it's going to be a double-layer DVD at 8.5 megabytes.... 6 times larger than the Cube's mini-DVD.  It wouldn't fit without severely compromising the graphical integrity.  It would look like crap (like Resident Evil 2 squeezed on a N64 cart).

Disclaimer: The message you just read is my opinion.  If you do not like my opinion, I apologize in advance.  Please explain where my opinion is wrong or fallacious.  Thank you. -----  PLAY GAMES FOR FREE! -   http://www.atariguide.com