Author Topic: Mafia XLVIII: DC Universe. Day 3. Arkham Asylum Breakout.  (Read 22646 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XLVIII: DC Universe. Day 3. Arkham Asylum Breakout.
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2011, 01:54:17 PM »
I must have skimmed those rules wrong... I would have bid on some items by now!  Damnit.

That's some shoddy detective work chief.

To be honest, I didn't pay that close of attention to the rules...  I skimmed them, signed up, figured I'd die in the first day or two, and that was it.  :)

Okay, here's the deal, folks... I'm kind of obsessing with the Joker right now because I received a PM via Oracle's Favor.  It claims to be from the Joker, but thatguy tells me that he can neither confirm or deny the contents of the message in any way.

Hello from The Joker!
Do you want to live through the night?  Figure out who I am - and send me some points.  Once I get enough, I'll set of my patent pending Laughing Gas and kill some people.  Good times, I say.  If you send me enough points, I'll even let you help pick who dies.  Mafia?  Townie?  I don't care!  Granted, you'll still be able to try to vote me out... but I'll get to stay in the game - and it's all about the game.

>insert lots of "Ha ha's" here<

Best buds,

The Joker.

Sucks.  So, here's what I'm going to do... I have absolutely no idea who the Joker is. All I have are seven points.  I'm going to randomly give one point to each of six players.  If one of you happens to be the Joker, then, congrats - I paid your blood money.  Also, kill vudu.  If you six don't happen to be the Joker, please feel free to refund my point so I can send it on to another random player who may be the Joker.

*edit* I have now (hopefully) paid your ransom...
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 01:57:36 PM by UncleBob »
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2011, 02:02:05 PM »
Hey Chief, I don't think he will spare you for 1pt especially if he paid 2 to contact you.  Just saying...

This guy's pretty nasty...  I think we need to put more funding into reinforcing the bars a Arkham Asylum.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 02:04:26 PM by apdude »

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2011, 02:05:53 PM »
Hey Chief, I don't think he will spare you for 1pt especially if he paid 2 to contact you.  Just saying...

This guys pretty nasty...  I think we need to put more funding into reinforcing the bars a Arkham Asylum.

Hey, what am I supposed to do here?  It's not my fault he wasn't more clear.  I paid his ransom (assuming one of the six people who just got a bonus point is him).  If anything, he should appreciate the genius of my plan.  Right?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2011, 02:06:50 PM »
Rules question: Is it better for townies (prize-wise) if the Joker wins or of one of the Mafias wins?

Prize-wise, it's hard to say. Let's say all the space mafia survive and win, they are going to get favored heavily for the top spots. If it's a case where the mafia won by tieing 1 mafia and 1 townie, I'm sure there'd be some consideration for townies in top prize spots. By that logic, a Joker win would probably result in the same thing, with a few townies in the mix for top prizes.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2011, 02:14:39 PM »
For the record, I'd like to point out that now two people have asked me for points.  One is the Joker.  The other was The Unagi/Kashogi.

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2011, 02:16:50 PM »
Hey, what am I supposed to do here?  It's not my fault he wasn't more clear.  I paid his ransom (assuming one of the six people who just got a bonus point is him).  If anything, he should appreciate the genius of my plan.  Right?

It's creative I'll give you that.  You might want to start up the bat signal though.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2011, 02:18:33 PM »
Back in my day, we didn't have a Batsignal.  We used the phone...  Besides, it was always bright and sunny when Batman was out - he wouldn't have been able to see the Batsignal anyway.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2011, 02:20:34 PM »
Anyone else noticed a lot of usually prominent mafia players are keeping quiet this game?

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2011, 02:22:09 PM »
Back in my day, we didn't have a Batsignal.  We used the phone...  Besides, it was always bright and sunny when Batman was out - he wouldn't have been able to see the Batsignal anyway.

No one has hardwired phones anymore

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2011, 02:23:41 PM »

No one has hardwired phones anymore

I am so screwed...

On an interesting note, assuming my points have already been dispersed, I haven't gotten a single one back yet... and some of those people have been online... hmmm....

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2011, 03:05:15 PM »
Anyone else noticed a lot of usually prominent mafia players are keeping quiet this game?

Where's your buddy nightwing?  He's usually checked in by now.  Unless he's making pizzas for the chief.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2011, 03:34:48 PM »
Nightwing was in traffic court today for a little joyride he pulled last year in the Batmobile. The good news is that I claimed the officer pulled over the wrong car because I didn't own the Batmobile so I got out of it.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2011, 03:39:12 PM »

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2011, 03:43:04 PM »
UB should stick around.

I have some thoughts on who needs to be looked at. We need to circle the wagons, townies.

VOTE SHYGUY
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 12:18:22 AM by bustin98 »

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2011, 03:50:49 PM »
Blue Beetle needs to stop playing around, before he gets hurt.

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2011, 03:55:40 PM »

Sorry Bat-Man I'll be more careful now
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 03:58:36 PM by apdude »

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2011, 07:09:18 PM »
I'll VOTE VUDU.  I may change this later, but I have to go run out.  I'll check again to see what's going down before the thread is locked.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 11:08:14 PM by Sundoulos »
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2011, 07:25:11 PM »
vote vudu

The game has been pretty quiet, so I'll just jump on the lynching bandwagon.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2011, 07:40:45 PM »
After I made Sophie's choice between UncleBob and Insanolord, I really don't want to kill another townie.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2011, 07:52:41 PM »
So... I got a message back saying that my six points were shared... now I only have one point, about four hours before the night ends, still no clue who the Joker is, a 50/50 chance that I failed to give him any of my points as he demanded and no one - at all - has bothered to refund any of my points that I paid out. :(

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2011, 08:05:37 PM »
Before some people rush in saying they have refunded points, I will do so for you. I received two messages from people refunding UncleBob's points and have passed those messages on to Thatguy who handles all point matters for this game. When Thatguy comes around, I'm sure he'll act on those messages.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2011, 08:06:45 PM »
I never got any points.

Why not join the throng? Vote Vudu
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 11:25:08 PM by Stratos »
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2011, 08:16:29 PM »
Does it suck that no one is defending Vudu? Would other members of mafia point fingers elsewhere if he was one of them? He could be the last survivor of his team, or he  could be the joker, or townie. Frustrating that he's so quiet and there are no other votes.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2011, 08:26:23 PM »
Yeah, I have tried to contact vudu to no avail.

Wait, did Kush say UncleBob lying about points? I think that is suspicious.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2011, 08:47:28 PM »
Yeah, I have tried to contact vudu to no avail.

Wait, did Kush say UncleBob lying about points? I think that is suspicious.

No, he said he sent the refund messages to thatguy who takes care of the point transactions.  I've had one player send me a separate message (after I whined about no one refunding me) letting me know he had sent it in, but that it probably hasn't been processed yet.  Basically, if you've refunded, the check's in the mail and thatguy hasn't delivered it yet...