Author Topic: PLAYERS CHOICE VS. PLATINUM HITS  (Read 2343 times)

Offline THE ONE

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
PLAYERS CHOICE VS. PLATINUM HITS
« on: June 14, 2003, 05:04:22 AM »

First off i haven't posted in quite a while so here goes  (hopefuly) a new topic. i've read in about 2 or 3 different articles that nintendo isn't doing such a good move by making theirs players choice $10 more than sony and m$ greatest hits and platinums hit games. but if you think about it nintendos games are better ex: ssm: melee, pikmin, ect.....       you don't see m$ selling halo (probably their best game) for $20, or sony selling gta: vice cityfor $20,where nintendo sells most of thier best games for $30. so big deal about 10 bucks.if m$  also thinks that nintendo is doing wrong then f*** them. when they start selling their bad ass games(halo) for 20 bucks
, like nintendo sells their badass games for$30  then you know nintedno is doing something bad.  

and talk about exclusivity gamesaren't exclusive if their coming out for pc are they? ex: halo !!

sorry for not writing for so long.
OHH MY GOD AHHHHHHHHHHHHH AHHHHHH NOOO AHHHHHHHHHH HELPPPPPPPPPPP AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2003, 05:09:26 AM »
In Australia the players choice titles are reduced in price but they dont have players choice written on them anywhere. Does it say Players Choice on the box of GC games there? Are the games in special players choice packaging or something? just wondering...

Offline THE ONE

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2003, 05:13:49 AM »
 I've seen that they put a sticker on them thats says players choice.
OHH MY GOD AHHHHHHHHHHHHH AHHHHHH NOOO AHHHHHHHHHH HELPPPPPPPPPPP AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
RE: PLAYERS CHOICE VS. PLATINUM HITS
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2003, 06:15:04 AM »
Yeah they are only now having the stores put stickers on the games to ID them as Player's Choice. So it should be soon they come out with boxes with different art.
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2003, 07:59:46 AM »
Actually the box art is 99% the same.

The only difference is the top (there's a inch or so border with "Player's Choice".  The border is yellow.

In the UK at least (maybe all of europe) there's a special logon instead of the stripe (they replaced the Nintendo Gamcube logo on top of the gameboxes with a custom one that states Nintendo gamecube Player's Choice in goldish text.  It also replaces the orginal disc with one that has sparkes or something.

Offline Artimus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2003, 10:47:43 AM »
Here in Canada, all reduced price games (PS2, XBOX and GCN) are the same.

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2003, 11:24:50 PM »

Originally posted by: Mario
In Australia the players choice titles are reduced in price but they dont have players choice written on them anywhere. Does it say Players Choice on the box of GC games there? Are the games in special players choice packaging or something? just wondering...

From what I've seen, they change nothing for the Australian Player's Choice range (Wow... THREE games -_-)
I quite like Sony's packaging of their Platinum games, they look funky, although they screw the disc up BAD by removing all artwork and just having it metallic looking...

As for Xbox's Greatest Hits... Ugh. Big stinky lime green borders look disgusting.

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2003, 12:28:57 AM »

Originally posted by: Infernal Monkey
I quite like Sony's packaging of their Platinum games, they look funky, although they screw the disc up BAD by removing all artwork and just having it metallic looking...

I agree, the metallic looking doesn't look nice.  My friend has the GT3 platinum.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2003, 01:39:23 AM »
ive seen 1 store in australia have stickers on players choice titles. and it was a Mr Toys (hurruh!) a Toyworld store that focus' just on console/pc gameing in brisbane

Offline Nephilim

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2003, 01:48:54 AM »
the whole players choice is just a gimmick anyway, which started with the old sega megadrive gold collection (sonic1/ecco the dolphin ect.).

The thing is that sonys collection has 3rd party games in it, while nintendo sticks with 1st and 2nd party
the Sony colection has 20+ odd games, compared with 5-6 in american and 3 in PAL
Sony clearly wins
thu games like melee, luigis mansion are clearly worth more then the cheap price