Author Topic: Official Nintendo revoultion Promotional CD  (Read 9938 times)

Offline animecyberrat

• Official NWR Lindsay Lohan Fan
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Official Nintendo revoultion Promotional CD
« on: March 29, 2006, 03:35:46 PM »
Ok I cant say a whole lot right now but heres the deal, my newly started record company is in the negociations stage with Nintendo of America and we are seeking input from the fans (you know those of us who post here)

Anyways heres the deal what we are doing is a CD that will feature the sound tracks of various Nintendo games remixed to techno music some tracks may actualy et ixed into different genres who knwos but anyways what we are looking for right now is a list of your favorite music from Nintendo games. We so far have Metroid Main Theme, Super Mario Bros Main Theme, Underground and Castle Themes, Dr Mario Fever and Chill plus Game Over, Legend of Zelda Main Theme, Star Fox Main Theme, and Donkey Kong Country Main Theme picked out for inclusion on the Sound Track CD.

Now we are seeking suggestions for what other songs/games to include as well as some ideas of what styles of music to remix them into. Also if possible we are seeking various bands who happen to be Nintendo fans to record original tracks that will capture the spirit of the games. this is our way of showing our enthusism for Revolution and a small but hopefully helpfull marketing method. I dont have many details right now but since revolution is only a few months away we are kind of in a hurry to get this project readyy as its likely to be used as a promotional deal we dont know yet how but we are still negociating.
I knwo a lot of people dont take me seriously but this a real deal we are undertasking and need suport form the fans (not my fans but Nintendo fans)

Also this is my big break into the world of Video Game Music so help me out ok.

Anmyways what I need to hear from those who reply is what songs/games should we try and use and what what are some suiggestions on hwo to make them sound 'raio friendly' so that we can make them into actualy club tracks. we already have a techno mix of Dr Marios Chill theme but so far we need more suggestions and are limited on time we can devote to this project.

"You can call me THE RAT, thank you very much"

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
RE: Official Nintendo revoultion Promotional CD
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 05:42:42 PM »
A mix-track of music from The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening would cause me to shoot my wad.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 06:53:39 PM »
Corneria theme from Star Fox for the SNES.  That's just an awesome song.  I also highly recommend the Samus Aran theme from Super Metroid.  The arranged version on the soundtrack is bliss.

If Rare games are included then I also suggest the factory theme from Donkey Kong Country.

Oh and I rather shamelessly would like to plug my band since my keyboard player is heavily influenced by videogame music and we have a couple songs that have the kind of sound.

Offline animecyberrat

• View Profile
RE:Official Nintendo revoultion Promotional CD
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 07:39:17 PM »
Ok well its still up in the air what they will allow us to do, but so far they sound fairly interested, well at least they have said it sounds like aninteresting idea but I have yet to talk to anyone with any descision making power so its undecided right now. I am not sure about Rare games but I beleive Nintendo still owns the rights to DKC so thats possible.

I am already considering all the main themes from the main games but I was also thinking of doing some of the not so popular games like Kirby, Fire Emblem, Ice Climbers, Smash Bros, maybe soething from Pikmin.

The ideah is to build enthusism and hype for Revolution by remixing old classic tunes to modern music and generating feelings of nastalgia as well as creating buzz for the system. We would like to have the sound track bundled with a game or offered as a give away for reserving a system or something along those lines, its not something we expect to sell in stores except maybe specialty shops and of course GameStop, etc.

I mosty am excited about this project because it allows me to actualy work with Nintendo (yeah)
and lets me help them in thier marketing areas that they so desperatly need help in. I just think it would be awesome to have a techno cd that plays all yoru favorite Nintendo tunes to dance music that build hype for the new system and recreates those feelings that you had playing those old games when you was a kid.

I will update this thread as often as I get new info so stay tuned because this is potentialy the most exciting thing I have ever had a chance to do. (to Ian Sane if you are serious about doing a track or two PM me and I will let you know what I can do)  

I can not say much else because we are in negociations but I can say that they ARE talking to me and are somewhat interested. Anyways thanks for the suggestions.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2006, 10:31:23 PM »
My suggestion? Drop the remixing. It's not necessary. If you want to improve them, get an orchestra. Don't mix in techno. There's enough people doing bad techno remixes of old games while I don't think many orchestrated versions are available on CD.

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2006, 05:41:16 AM »
The disadvantages I see in orchestrations is that they have been done to death, for Zelda, Metroid, Mario themes, even super Smash brothers themes which are a compendium of the previous ones mentioned. And also they arent cheap to produce. I dont know what kind of budget this proyect might have, but hiring an orchestra and a composer to arrange the themes is an expensive deal.

But if you could get Ikana's Castle theme from Majora's Mask with proper chorus and orchestration, I really, really, wouldnt mind at all.

Also, the song of healing from MM.

"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2006, 08:29:50 AM »
Hm, orchestra version of the Hymn of Storm? Nah, I suppose more instruments would ruin the claustrophobic feeling of the song.

Offline animecyberrat

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2006, 09:49:42 AM »
well we want to make it sound mainstream enough to get on the radio, orchestra music is so far from mainstream its not funny.  See its a promotional cd so the ideah is to build up hype for the system and games, so we want to reach as many people as possible. So far budget hasnt been discussed as we still havent sealed the deal but I can look into a synth orchestra sound for some songs. We were actualy thining of doing a few other generes too one that was mentiond was a guitar heavy theme for Zelda, since gutars and string intruments are compatible.

The latest word so far is that the Nintendo Brand Management department is reviewing our request. So things are looking better.

How about a Hip-Hop G-Funk sound for the Metroid theme, have a rap beat and some smooth bass and funky keyboards?

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2006, 10:32:11 AM »
First of all, congratulations! Even getting to this stage is an accomplishment..

From what I've read, you should really check out some of the tracks from F-Zero GX.. some of them have nice tunes.
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2006, 10:44:43 AM »
"How about a Hip-Hop G-Funk sound for the Metroid theme, have a rap beat and some smooth bass and funky keyboards?"

it really sucks that hip hop and rap are now whats considered mainstream music, Id rather have the tecno version of the music please.  

Also, whats this hymn of the storm you people keep talking about? is some sort of a rearranged song of the storms?
"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline IceCold

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2006, 05:55:36 PM »
I think KDR said that Song of Storms was named that in his version of the game or CD.

Offline BiLdItUp1

• Brain Parasite
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2006, 06:12:43 PM »
What about Gerudo Valley, from Ocarina? That shouldn't be too difficult to do, and it's really catchy. Or, if that's too esoteric, you could just do one big 'Ocarina medley' song, from all the areas.
All issues are political issues, and politics itself is a mass of lies, evasions, folly, hatred, and schizophrenia. (George Orwell, more relevant than ever, in "Politics and the English Language")
Wii Number: 7947 2653 6155 9540

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2006, 09:00:49 PM »
How about a Hip-Hop G-Funk sound for the Metroid theme, have a rap beat and some smooth bass and funky keyboards?

And a music video of Mario killing hookers with a chainsaw?

Also, whats this hymn of the storm you people keep talking about? is some sort of a rearranged song of the storms?

It's what the song is called on the Majora's Mask OST.

Offline animecyberrat

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2006, 05:25:47 AM »
well I have the zelda collectors disk so I am going to try and rip the files that sound the best. So far I have bene working mostly on Dr mario and metroid tracks but I got SMB Underground done also.  

Offline Zach

• Bad Title
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2006, 02:43:48 PM »
I got an idea, how about some of the music from the Zelda TP trailors, a little look into the future, considering that the game is probably going to come out about the same time as the rev
WiiCode: 2469 4326 9885 9257

Offline Guitar Smasher

• Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2006, 03:28:36 PM »
"What about Gerudo Valley, from Ocarina? That shouldn't be too difficult to do, and it's really catchy. Or, if that's too esoteric, you could just do one big 'Ocarina medley' song, from all the areas."

I wouldn't want to steal any attention, but I recently recorded an acoustic version Gerudo Valley.

It can be heard here.

Offline IceCold

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2006, 07:22:20 PM »
The music in Dragon Roost Island in Wind Waker reminds me of Gerudo Valley..  

EDIT: By the way, that acoustic is awesome, Smasher.

Offline animecyberrat

• View Profile
RE:Official Nintendo Revolution Promotional CD
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2006, 07:37:40 AM »
Ok So I have not been able to rip any tracks off of my GC disks, does anybody know how to do this? I dont want to hook my Gc into my PC and record that way because it always gives a lower quality recording and I want this to sound as absolutley professional as possible.

So heres the updated list of songs we are going for.

Super Mario Bros Main Theme
SMB Underground Theme
SMB Under Water/Castle Themes
Dr Mario Main Theme
Dr mario Chill and Game Over Themes
Metroid Main Theme
Metroid Fusion Main Theme
Super Mario 64 Mian Hall
SM64 Bowser Theme
Donkey Kong Country Main Theme
Star Fox Main Theme
Super Smash Bros Melee Boss Theme
Legend of Zelda II Adventure of Link Main Theme/Map
Legend of Zelda Link to the Past/Ocarina of Time various tunes/medley
Kirby Super Star Various tunes/medley
Super Mario Bros, 1-3 and World Medley
F- Zero Various Tracks (snipets)
Duck Hunt/Clay Shooting various sounds and tunes
Mike Tysons Punch Out BG Music from fights/Game Over
Metroid Prime Chozo Ruins Entrance/Boss Theme
Star Fox Adventures Chrozoa Spirits theme
Mario Party various tunes and sound effects
Nintendo Games Medley (mix of various tunes and sound fx)
NES Theme
SNES Theme
N64 Theme
GC Theme
Game Boy Theme
Revolution Theme

Right now we are still seeking other recordings that could fit into the feal of the cd, its likely going to be a 2 disk set.

I will update as more info is available so cross your fingers, pray, sacrafice a chicken,  or whatever you do to hope this gets final approval.

Offline BiLdItUp1

• Brain Parasite
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2006, 08:22:24 AM »
GC tunes...I'm afraid you're gonna have to track down the soundtracks of those. For something popular like maybe Wind Waker/Smash Bros this won't be so hard, but F-Zero, for example, is a lot more esoteric.

Umm...north_unknown - that rendition of Gerudo Valley was pretty cool btw. That song was soooo good. That's another hope I have for Zelda:TP - that the music gets alot better than the WW stuff (still good, but a step back from Ocarina)
All issues are political issues, and politics itself is a mass of lies, evasions, folly, hatred, and schizophrenia. (George Orwell, more relevant than ever, in "Politics and the English Language")
Wii Number: 7947 2653 6155 9540

Offline animecyberrat

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2006, 05:09:01 PM »
well I am hoping that if Nintendo is willing to go along with us on this project they might supply some of the tunes directly since I am having trouble getting them.  

Offline animecyberrat

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2006, 02:12:17 PM »
latest update. Ok I havent finalised anything yet but I am now talking with the Legal Department as well so I thing things are moving forward. Also my record company is now registered as an official bussines and we can now let nintendo know that we are a real record company and not just some crazy wacko who loves Nintendo games and Music (although I am crazy but thats besides the point)

Offline animecyberrat

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2006, 02:58:36 PM »
ok well I havent heard anythign new for a while so I am going to assume they are too busy getting ready for E3 to bother getting back to me.  

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
RE: Official Nintendo Revolution Promotional CD
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2006, 06:58:57 PM »
What happened to my suggestion of a Link's Awakening mix?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline 18 Days

• ~*LiL AnGeL*~
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
RE: Official Nintendo Revolution Promotional CD
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2006, 10:23:23 PM »
I'm going to assume they thought you were joking. As sweet and cute as your idea sounds, I don't know why Nintendo would be comfortable licensing their music out to some startup record company,
pietriots.com
Calenture

Offline animecyberrat

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2006, 09:14:45 AM »
well I dont have acces to links awakening, but i have already started mixing my Zelda tracks using Zelda 1, 2 and Link to the past. I havent loaded up OOT, MM, or WW yet to start seeking tracks from those.

I actualy got an email saying they were interested but they never gave me much details just that they would have to discuss it and get back to me. I have contacted the Legal Department and their brand Managment team, also customer serice but they dont have any authority really.

But I am not giving up, because we are expanding all the time and are on the verge of crossing over into mainstream once I get my publsihing deals all finalised.