Author Topic: (no title)  (Read 38620 times)

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
Re: Shigeru Miyamoto's E3 Roundtable Megaton thread; NEW ZELDA!!!!!!
« Reply #150 on: June 15, 2009, 01:25:41 PM »
What if the next Zelda's aiming controls are more practical than analogue stick aiming just like TP's? Then where will we be
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline NovaQ

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
    • dudeldopp
« Reply #151 on: June 16, 2009, 10:21:09 AM »
feel free to transfer over what you feel is relevant to the conversation in that thread.
quote away... :)

Thanks!
I like to do drawings.
Blaarg
Wii: 7332 2646 9948 9927

Hello new job, goodbye life...

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 16, 2009, 03:10:55 PM »
You don't want WiiSportsResort, Mop it up? Why is that, may I ask?
No, you may not ask. But since you did: The draw of Wii Sports is its multiplayer aspect, and a friend of mine will probably be getting this. This isn't the type of game I'd really play by myself so there's not much point buying something I'd play only with a friend who's going to own it.

But what of the possible online features it will have since online is confirmed? It might have online play. What then?

But in watching people play New Super Mario Bros. Wii, even though it’s just a simple shaking motion, I’m watching people play (it) with a big grin on their face.

Has Miyamoto ever considered that the people playing it had big grins on their faces because the game kicks ass and not necessarily because of shaking the remote?  Wario Land: Shake It! involves shaking the remote but I've never heard anyone praise the game because of it.  Those that have actually played that game like it because it's a fun game.  It has good level design and gameplay mechanics.

I want Zelda's motion controls to feel like they NEED to be there and for them to feel completely natural like I would never want this to control another way.  If it's just "whee I shake the remote!" that gets boring after like two times doing it and then it just becomes a chore.  Ocarina of Time was the first Zelda game to use the analog stick.  But it wasn't like there was some thrill to using it.  It was just smooth, accurate controls and you couldn't imagine it any other way.  Nintendo didn't try to use the analog stick specifically to make Zelda more fun.  Its implementation was strictly practical and functional and improved the game in a more subtle way.  That is what Nintendo should do with M+ Zelda: practical usage not novelty usage.  Remember the audience here.

With M+ it seems that our interpretation of what Nintendo's plans for it were and what their actual plans are seem very different.  Most of us thought that this was like the new standard and that damn near every Wii game was going to use this.  That isn't the case.  Nintendo announced several major Wii titles at E3 that don't use M+ at all, and I think we expected ALL of their new games to use it.  So I think Nintendo sees it more like the N64 expansion pack in that it's something that will be used by some games.

Quoted from NovaQ in the Zelda Thread:
Further quotes of interest from the Wired interview that IGN referenced (and BlackNMild2k1 posted elsewhere):

Quote from: Wired.com
“The goal at this point is that we would make Wii MotionPlus required in order to play Zelda,” he said.

It’s reasonable to assume that Zelda’s use of MotionPlus might depend on how many of the devices Nintendo sells between now and the game’s far-off release date. But Miyamoto says that’s not actually the case.

“The bigger hurdle for us is not really whether people have a Wii MotionPlus or don’t have it, it’s whether or not the experience is one where people will think they want to have a Wii Motion Plus in order to experience it,” he said.

Ian, to me it sounds like M+ in Zelda will be a legitimate use as opposed to 'deluxe waggle'.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast