Author Topic: Nintendo 3DS Discussion  (Read 549941 times)

Offline alegoicoe

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo 3DS Discussion
« Reply #1325 on: November 02, 2010, 05:48:37 PM »
yeah but the way NSMBW employs 3d is vaslty different than what mario galaxy 2 did.
Nintendo Network ID: LivByDCreed
Switch Friend Code: SW-4906-9561-1308

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: November 03, 2010, 12:35:05 AM »
yeah but the way NSMBW employs 3d is vaslty different than what mario galaxy 2 did.
Glad someone else besides me notices that. NSMBWii was built upon the existing NSMBDS engine. Galaxy 1 and 2 was built on the Mario 3-D Engine with extra gravity features. Both have 2-D in them, but both are still vastly different game engines.

Full 2-D Mario is still going to sell better then 3-D Mario though.
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: November 03, 2010, 01:35:54 AM »

And, if recent trends continue, the 3D game is still going to be a lot better than the 2D one.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Guitar Smasher

• Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: November 03, 2010, 01:39:55 AM »

And, if recent trends continue, the 3D game is still going to be a lot better than the 2D one.
If you mean more funds / effort will be thrown at the 3D game, then I agree.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: November 03, 2010, 01:48:08 AM »
Actually, now that I think about it, the recent 3D Marios were great because they were made by Nintendo's best development studio, and I really hope Nintendo isn't making EAD Tokyo make yet another Mario game, so that may not be true. Still, if it's another NSMB-styled game from EAD 4, I'd probably stick with that prediction.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: November 03, 2010, 01:52:18 AM »
Well, since Retro is making DKCR that probably means that Tokyo is not making a sequel to Jungle Beat.

They could be working on a Jungle Beat for 3DS. Whatever they are working on I'm willing to bet it is for 3DS. Though there is the chance that they are heading up the development of launch titles for the Super Wii Entertainment System.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: November 03, 2010, 02:19:28 AM »
The situation with EAD Tokyo is like the situation with Retro prior to E3. They're such a talented and creative team that I really wish Nintendo would give them a lot of freedom in regard to what they're going to work on.

J.P. Corbran

Offline alegoicoe

• View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: November 03, 2010, 12:04:36 PM »
Glad someone else besides me notices that. NSMBWii was built upon the existing NSMBDS engine. Galaxy 1 and 2 was built on the Mario 3-D Engine with extra gravity features. Both have 2-D in them, but both are still vastly different game engines.

I think true mario fans enjoy 3d mario games as much as 2d, but offers different experinces, but true, 2d mario is much more accessible than 3d ones.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: November 03, 2010, 03:12:42 PM »
I wish all Mario games were like Galaxy 2. The blend of both is by far the best of both worlds.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: November 03, 2010, 06:26:31 PM »
New hologram technology brings 3-D to life Scientists are still a long way from holograms but are talking about it anyway

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/us_hologram

...new holographic technology can project a near 360-degree image to another location that updates every two seconds.

To create the hologram, cameras take color images at multiple angles and send them over an Ethernet line. In the lab model, images are projected onto a transparent plastic panel and refreshed every few seconds.

Future displays will lie flat on a table and the system will create an optical illusion that the image is floating above the screen.

no special glasses are needed and the number of perspectives is only limited by the number of cameras used.

I don't think you can see these in our houses in less than seven to 10 years
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #1335 on: November 03, 2010, 07:08:17 PM »
New hologram technology brings 3-D to life Scientists are still a long way from holograms but are talking about it anyway

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/us_hologram

...new holographic technology can project a near 360-degree image to another location that updates every two seconds.

To create the hologram, cameras take color images at multiple angles and send them over an Ethernet line. In the lab model, images are projected onto a transparent plastic panel and refreshed every few seconds.

Future displays will lie flat on a table and the system will create an optical illusion that the image is floating above the screen.

no special glasses are needed and the number of perspectives is only limited by the number of cameras used.

I don't think you can see these in our houses in less than seven to 10 years

This is what 3D will eventuall evolve into in the future. Although I have to wonder what the cost of holograms are when compare to 3D. I do see holograms being implemented into Nintendo's next system some how.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #1336 on: November 03, 2010, 09:53:43 PM »
I don't understand the dissing of NSMBWii....that game is absolutely fantastic.  One of my favorite Mario games.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: November 03, 2010, 09:58:16 PM »
NSMBWii is a really good game, but I don't want them to make another one. It's time for a different developer to try their hand at 2D Mario.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #1338 on: November 03, 2010, 11:56:44 PM »
Oh, I want as many new 2D Mario games as possible.  Though, if handing it to another developer means getting a nice sprite based game then I am all for it.  One thing is sure, I want the 4 player aspect to be enhanced and always used...that is amazing fun. 

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: November 04, 2010, 12:27:59 AM »
I would like to see a 2D Mario game with a level creater that can be exchanged by players via spotpass.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: November 04, 2010, 12:37:39 AM »
Wow, kytim, that is the first reasonable (and clever) idea I've seen you post.

*Applauds*
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: November 04, 2010, 12:51:45 AM »
Wow, kytim, that is the first reasonable (and clever) idea I've seen you post.

*Applauds*

Do you want me to continue this trend?

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #1342 on: November 04, 2010, 11:45:52 AM »
Hmmm...A level editor could be cool.  I shouldn't be too hard to create a tile based level editor...and then throw enemies in.  Most enemies have very basic and set AI rules that most gamers understand...but on special character instances you could easily just make a new character for them...keep it simple stupid and all that. 

Offline alegoicoe

• View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: November 04, 2010, 11:49:41 AM »
i have seen to hacks of nsmbw level editing, look it up on youtube.

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: November 04, 2010, 01:16:43 PM »
i have seen to hacks of nsmbw level editing, look it up on youtube.
Those are just fan hacks and nothing else. The real thing would be more awesome.

Offline alegoicoe

• View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: November 04, 2010, 04:57:24 PM »
yeah i know, but its a start.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: November 04, 2010, 11:22:34 PM »
The homebrew level editor for New Super Mario Brothers Wii is amazing. It's about as simple as it could possibly be considering it is unofficial and allows you to use absolutely every element that's in the game. The only difference between it and an official editor would be ease of use, though I wouldn't be surprised if they cut out some of the more complicated elements like platforms that move on paths.

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: November 05, 2010, 12:53:27 PM »
The only difference between it and an official editor would be ease of use, though I wouldn't be surprised if they cut out some of the more complicated elements like platforms that move on paths.
Moving paths have been in Mario games since the SMB1, I'm sure Nintendo would find some way to move around it. Maybe.

Offline alegoicoe

• View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: November 05, 2010, 01:23:43 PM »
i have seen some homebrew levels that are very clever in design, they look much harder than the actual game but fun.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: November 06, 2010, 05:36:55 PM »
I have some speculation based on a comment from Iwata

Quote from: Iwata @ Investor Q&A
In October, certain retailers usually start their own, limited weekly-offer type of sales promotions, and they are starting such promotions in the U.S. and in Europe. Whether the consumers actually react to such limited weekly offers or not can tell us a lot and can be our sales indicator for the year-end. If they do not react with significant purchases, we will have to think that Wii and Nintendo DS have little more demand. On the other hand, if three times or even five times as much as the previous week's sales are made as a result of such limited offers, we can conclude that our consumers are actually waiting for some incentives.

By now, we have come to notice that such special offers from retailers have prompted significant increases in the weekly sales, so we are interpreting the current situation as our consumers are patiently waiting, instead of interpreting it as diminishing demand (for Wii and Nintendo DS). I think this is how the difference in expectation can take place between when you estimate the November and December sales based upon the past years' sales trend and when we forecast our sales in this fashion.

Can we expect this type of thing to carry over to maybe WiiWare, DSiWare & 3DSWare? Could we get an environment where every once in a while there are some sales for software to get things moving?

We all know that current WiiWare and VC purchases are not where they should be and Nintendo has no one to blame but themselves because for 1, they don't advertise anything, 2, most of the software is overpriced and 3, nothing ever goes on sale to attract attention to the service and hightlite games that people would enjoy if only they would give them a chance, which would in turn make people check the service more often, even if it's just to see whats on sale.

But anyway, Iwata realizes that having sales is an incentive to push a purchase. Do you think that is where Nintendo is headed in the next round of DD as well as retail purchases? Can we hope for 3DSWare to be more Steam like when it comes to sales that get us to open our wallets and buy games we would otherwise ignore?