Author Topic: Nintendo 3DS Discussion  (Read 549958 times)

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo 3DS Discussion
« Reply #600 on: June 15, 2010, 05:33:03 PM »
Dead or Alive?  Isn't that a Microsoft game?

I have to say I'm very pleased with 3DS.  I hope I can get one at launch.  I've never been big on handhelds, but this one may deepen my interest.  Looks like much 3rd party love.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 71
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #601 on: June 15, 2010, 05:35:34 PM »
Dead or Alive has always been published by Tecmo. It started on the Playstation/Saturn, IIRC.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: June 15, 2010, 05:37:57 PM »
Ok.  Fair enough.  I don't remember any of that. 

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: June 15, 2010, 05:47:08 PM »
I'm still confused over the different sized screens. Like, why? Would it kill them to make them the same size? There looks like enough space for it. While I doubt they'll change this, I hope they do.

The one thing I hope against hope for is adding an additional analog stick/slide pad. There's no excuse for this. It was passable on PSP because there was no touchscreen. However, I'm left handed. I KNOW there will be games that use the analog stick/slide pad and a stylus and I'll automatically be at a disadvantage because I was born backwards/am not ambidextrous. Boooo-urns!

Star Fox 64 3D? A remake? Really? /facepalm

I hope that Resident Evil game is Resident Evil Jill 3D. INSTANT BUY!

Offline Chad Sexington

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
    • UO Thief
« Reply #604 on: June 15, 2010, 05:48:25 PM »
The 3DS sounds really awesome. It's incredibly unfortunate that it's a handheld. I mean, of all the avenues that could utilize 3D technology, handheld gaming is probably the last thing I ever would have thought of. Overall it's much more of a home-centric technology, and it's weird that they're focusing it on the handheld market.

Maybe I'm disappointed because I'm not huge on handheld gaming. If I'm out somewhere, I'm there for a reason, and generally I'm there with friends. Why would I waste my outside and do other stuff time playing video games? I play video games at home, whether it's by myself or with others, and if I'm at home, why am I going to huddle over a tiny handheld system when I could be much more comfortably playing on a TV?

I'm left wondering why all this third-party support couldn't have been pushed on the Wii.

It makes perfect sense.

If it were a home console it would only work if people already had 3D TVs.

Once 3D TVs hit mass market I'm sure 3D gaming will soon follow.

Until then, 3D gaming on your hand held without the need for glasses.
12 years of Ultima Online - www.uothief.com - Twitter: @UOThief

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: June 15, 2010, 05:53:01 PM »
Screen Specs

Top Screen:
3.53-inch widescreen LCD display, enabling 3D view without the need for special glasses; with 800x240 pixel resolution (400 pixels are allocated for each eye to enable 3D viewing).
Touch Screen:
3.02-inch LCD with 320x240 pixel resolution with a touch screen.
~David~
3DS: 5214-9250-6646 - David
Playing Now: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #606 on: June 15, 2010, 05:57:07 PM »
why does 3DS get Street Fighter and not Wii?

Good question, maybe it's just a cheap port of the iPhone/iPod Touch version?

I wonder which game Hal is looking forward to more: Dead or Alive 3D or Battle of Giants: Dinosaur Strike? Bouncing 3D boobs or dinosaurs?

Those graphics look great, no wonder game developers were saying it looked like GameCube quality graphics. I want portable Paper Mario.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #607 on: June 15, 2010, 06:31:41 PM »
Looking at Gizmodo's 3DS pics it seems the volume is a slide on the left side with the SD slot beneath it. The wireless switch is on the right side. They also have pics of the cart slot, but where where where is the stylus? I haven't seen one in any pic and there's nowhere I can see where it fits onto the system. Also... is that a LAN connector? High Speed Internets coming to 3DS? http://gizmodo.com/5564378/3ds-gallery/gallery
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: June 15, 2010, 06:47:02 PM »
I hope the MGS 3 video is just a tech demo for a remake of the original Metal Gear game for the NES. I have been feeling that this game has been in the works for a while and what better place to bring it out on that the 3DS.

Because Move and Kinect will be releasing this fall, Nintendo will release the 3DS this fall as well to have as much of an edge against Sony and Microsoft as they can get. One may argue that it is too soo and rightfully so, but from I have seen from the major first party games Nintendo is ready for war.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 07:05:32 PM by Kytim89 »
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 71
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #609 on: June 15, 2010, 07:05:27 PM »
There wasn't a stylus with the units brought out at the theater.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #610 on: June 15, 2010, 07:07:37 PM »
There wasn't a stylus with the units brought out at the theater.

Jon Metts wrote in his impression for the 3DS that there was a stylus slot on the demo, but the stylus itself was gone. Sources have said that 3DS will have a retractable stylus that folds into the slot.

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: June 15, 2010, 07:13:04 PM »
Because Move and Kinect will be releasing this fall, Nintendo will release the 3DS this fall as well to have as much of an edge against Sony and Microsoft as they can get.

The 3DS was the only that Nintendo did not date... Which kind of worried me since they mentioned quite a few 2011 releases. It may not be releasing until the '11 holiday season.
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: June 15, 2010, 07:16:16 PM »
It would make sense if it did come out in the fall to offset a rather weak Wii lineup. But probably sometime in 2011.
~David~
3DS: 5214-9250-6646 - David
Playing Now: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: June 15, 2010, 07:16:52 PM »
Didn't they already announce it was being released before the end of the fiscal year? That would be before the end of March 2011.

Besides, don't be silly. Nintendo's next home console is launching in the 2011 holiday season. :P

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #614 on: June 15, 2010, 07:23:56 PM »
Adrock is correct, Nintendo already confirmed that the 3DS will be launched before the end of March 2011. There is 0% chance that it will not be out for 1 1/2 years.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #615 on: June 15, 2010, 07:24:31 PM »
It just seemed logical that Nintendo would try to off balance its competition's new technology with the newest tech of its own.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: June 15, 2010, 07:24:52 PM »
I am so pumped for these games.

I heard there was an Ocarina of Time remake coming as well? Or is that just someone getting way too excited?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #617 on: June 15, 2010, 07:27:39 PM »
There are pictures, but I don't think Nintendo has confirmed it.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #618 on: June 15, 2010, 07:48:47 PM »
I hope that SEGA and Bioware will be kind enough to grace us with Sonic Chronicles 2. I have been waiting for that game for nearly two years and seeing what the 3DS os capable of just makes me want it ever more.

I also hope that Sqaure releases Final Fantasy 5 and 6 for the 3DS and an updated 3D remake of Final Fantasy 7-9. A Chrono Trigger 3D remake would not be bad either and possibly a 3DS sequel to go along with it would be so nice. ;D

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #619 on: June 15, 2010, 08:13:01 PM »

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: June 15, 2010, 08:23:33 PM »
I don't see the mic though I'm confident it'll be there, especially considering Nintendogs relies so heavily on it. And based on those dimensions, it's about the same size at the DS Lite.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #621 on: June 15, 2010, 08:31:34 PM »
I am curious to see what multimedia features the 3DS will have and Nintendo might be saving them for later. I know for sure that it will have a photo channel and a music player. However, whether they are the same as the ones on the DSi or upgraded versions awaits to be seen. I jsut want to know how much internal flash memory it will ahve because it may be a sign that a virtual handheld servie is coming.

I am going to stake my reputation on the notion that if Nintendo were to release the 3DS tomorrow it would sell atleast a million units in a short period of time.

How would you guys feel if Final Fantasy 7 to 9 were remade in 3D for the 3DS?

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #622 on: June 15, 2010, 08:34:43 PM »
@ Spyke: There's going to be another Giant Dinosaurs game? Eh. I get my dinosaur kicks from actual source material and technical papers. That means I'm looking forward to the bewbies. Big, jiggly 3D knockers. Can't freaking wait.

@ Kytim: While I hope you're right, the screens definately seem to indicate that the game is a port or remake of Snake Eater.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #623 on: June 15, 2010, 08:35:22 PM »
What is the significance of the 2GB 3DS carts compared to memory of DS carts? Could the storage of 3DS carts expand? Do you think they would bring the price up because of the quality of the games?
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: June 15, 2010, 08:38:45 PM »
2GB is larger than Gamecube optical discs and UMDs. I would expect it to expand should games require it.