Author Topic: My mom is going to steal my Gamecube.  (Read 9969 times)

Offline Jollus

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
My mom is going to steal my Gamecube.
« on: February 27, 2003, 09:11:09 PM »
The other day I had the day off work, so I was sleeping in past 1pm as I so love doing.  So I am in bed, half awake, and the phone rings.  Turns out to be a freaking telemarketer.  So I am about to  climb back into bed when what do I hear from the other room?
GAME!!
I go into the family room and there is my mom, playing Super Smash Bros: Melee adventure mode.  Getting her ass beat too.  So after watching her for a while and tring to give her tips she blames the character on her sucking so she goes back to the character select screen.  Turns out she was playing on the Very Hard setting.

"Well I was have to easy a time with easy mode, but that hand guy was a  little hard."  

WHO THE HELL ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH MY MOTHER!!!!

Turns out she had been playing since 9am, and she kept playing tell 4pm.  Only reason she stopped was to cook dinner.  I am amazed she made it through a whole run of SSBM.  I mean she didn't even know what a smash attack was.  So we play a little vs the AI, good times.  Few days later she was playing again, and I was like "Hey this monkey ball game has some fun multiplayer stuff in it"  So there we are, playing monkey billiards for 3 hours!  So much fun.

So tonight my dad was watching some car race (as my dad always does) and my mom couldn't play on the big tv in the family room.  She comes into my room asking how hard it would be to hook the system up to her TV up stairs.  After a few seconds to wrap my head around that shocker I tell her it wouldn't be worth the time.  (it wouldn't the AC adapter brick is behind all the components, annoying to dig out)

So right now it is cool.  I can play Cube with my mom.  But soon the Puzzle collection will come out.  When that happens, and my mom finds out about it, my gamecube will be lost to me forever.  This woman is a Dr Mario adict.  When I had the original Gameboy I got a copy of Dr Mario.  For almost three years I didn't get to play my gameboy.  My mom starts on level 20.  Have you ever seen anyone get to level 28 in Dr Mario?  I have.  It is crazy sick.  I know that if I get the Puzzle Collection my mom while take over my cube and I won't ever get to play.

I am torn.  I get Puzzle Collect, which I really really want, and I lose my gamecube the the Dr Mario beast which is my mother.  Or I could not get Puzzle Collection and enjoy some muliplayer gaming with my mom everonce and a while.  Argh!  Choices!

I might break down and get another AC adapter to put in her room.  I already have a video cable.  At least that way there will be minimal cable rat nests.

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2003, 09:22:37 PM »
Dude, you have any pictures of your mom, and where I can reach her?  Is your Dad involved in any dangerous activities at all that could be amde more dangerous by any chance?  

j/k... but your Mom sounds really cool to me.  
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Animelee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2003, 09:38:29 PM »
My mom is usually late for work because of Animal Crossing and Pokemon Crystal! She stays extra late with Animal Crossing, and she misses her stops on the bus because of Pokemon Crystal!

Oi...let's see what happens when I get Pokemon Ruby, my bro gets Sapphire, and my mom gets Ruby! @_@

My mom played SSB:M a few times! I put it on very easy, and she chose Pikachu, and kept whacking Mario with Pikachu's tail, lol. She then immidietly made me grab the controller from her, because she said she may get addicted, and she already has too much stuff to do, since all her work piles up when she plays Animal Crossing!

Welcome to the club, dude!
The biggest Pokemon fan of all time.
Proud Nintendo fanboy.
"If it ain't from Nintendo, then I automatically hate it."

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2003, 10:20:57 PM »
My Mum used to be into video games (as was my Dad), infact, they had an Atari 2600 with quite a few games. That's how I was introuced to gaming.

Since my love, they've grown to hate them. My Mum tried playing Mario All-Stars way back in 1993, kept falling in the first hole in SMB and called the game a heap of rubbish.
And that's the end of that story =P

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2003, 01:08:44 AM »
well you have cool mums
i think your lucky your mom acknowledges the fact that videogaming is great
seriously, tell your dad to get her a GCN
LZ 2005

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2003, 02:34:20 AM »
Theres something cool about that--but yet.... Something terribly wrong....
"Just a little gift from your friendly nieghborhood evil doer." - Me.

~ If you like serious, good quality Zelda rpgs, AIM HeroPiccolo and I'll give you a link. ~

Offline joshnickerson

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2003, 03:38:15 AM »
My parents haven't played video games since the NES. The new systems "make them dizzy".
Hee heh, my mom constanty says I'm too old to play video games. I should tell her about YOUR mom!

Offline Sean

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2003, 04:27:53 AM »
I think what has happened here is a classic and all-too-common example of wish fulfilment via mental manifestation.  I think Jollus has willed his old parents to vanish to the realm of shuffleboard and yahtzi whilst these new, improved configurations have been reformed, repackaged, and shipped out to Jollus's house using spare parts from a local slaughterhouse or abatoir.

Sort of like Frankenstein's monster, but not as scarred.

Congrats, Jollus, and enjoy your new parents.

Jollus, when you've got time, send me a Heidi Klum.  Cheers!
"I think that if the devil does not exist,
and man has therefore created him,
he has created him in his own image and likeness."
from Fyodor Dostoevsky's THE BROTHERS KARAMAZOV

Offline Toolvana

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2003, 05:15:58 AM »
I think my parents are in the same boat as alot of your parents. My parents were both hooked on Mr. Do for Colecovision. They bought it for me for Christmas in '83 I think. Before they gave it to me for Christmas, they would play it every night when I went to bed. I got my dad hooked on Unreal for the PC in '98. He actually played through the entire game. He also beat the Unreal expansion pack, Return to Na Pali. I'm sure those are the only games he has ever beaten. My mom was hooked on Tetris DX for awhile. Other than that, my parents "game careers" seem to be at a stand still.  

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2003, 06:21:56 AM »
my mom says shes too old for video games.....maybe she shoudl meet rick. A fine example of soemone who plays games and is an adult.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2003, 06:31:41 AM »
It can get annoying when your parents play video games. My mom gets sucked into a few games and will not let any one play until she is satisfied. It was much more annoying when I was younger because by law if you are under 18 your parents technically own everything you have and my mom loved to use that agianst me. Now that I have been over 18 for the past two generation I can keep my games in my apartment and not worry about my mom snatching them. I just hope she doesn't learn about pikmin.
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline cyrus420

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2003, 06:48:45 AM »
DO NOT LET YOUR MOTHER PLAY ANIMAL CROSSING! that was easily the biggest mistake of my life. and i think she teases me about it too. she turns it up so i can hear it anywhere in the house. and i can hear her playing before i go to bed. and after i wake up. and what's really annoying is that about 3 days ago, i had just got the lord of rings:The two towers game(REALLY AWESOME GAME,GO GET IT!). i have only played it for about 10 minutes the whole 3 days i have had it so far. and she makes sure to tell me every detail, like when someone moves away, when she catches a new fish, about the cockroaches in my house(since i can't get on to play it). and she won't buy another cube,"We already have one, why would we need two? that's just stupid!" so if anyone would like to send me a replacement, i would be most grateful. now i'm going to go cry in a corner some more...
HTML code is not permitted. Special symbols permit some HTML functionality.

Offline MetalHead666

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2003, 07:10:33 AM »
The only game I have got my parents to play lately is Gran Turismo 3 with the force feedback steering wheel. That is the only game I have got them to play since I was 5 or 6 years old (I am now 20, going on 21)  my dad used to like the original mario, but I cant even get him to try now.
WIND WAKER=MASTERPIECE!!!

Offline Scyth3r

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2003, 07:21:22 AM »
Damn wtf.  My parents would kill me if they even knew I had a Gamecube... and I'm freakin 20.  =P

They weren't too pleased to say the least when I brought a Gameboy Advance home either...

Offline Toolvana

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2003, 08:05:45 AM »

Originally posted by: Scyth3r
Damn wtf.  My parents would kill me if they even knew I had a Gamecube... and I'm freakin 20.  =P

They weren't too pleased to say the least when I brought a Gameboy Advance home either...

Why would they care that you have a GC? You bought it right? What's the big deal?

Offline bryanee

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2003, 09:36:22 AM »
my mom doesnt like games so she doesnt play em, my dad on the other hand is a gud gamer and always has been (still no match for me though).

was at my girlfriends the other day i found out she had a mega drive so i dug it out and slapped in sonic 2 and clocked it then she challenged me to columns i was actin big headed and sed she'd never beat, SHE WHOOPED MY ASS AT IT, i aint playin her at coloumns again.
That lady is all kinds of naked!!!!!

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2003, 11:34:06 AM »
Mwa ha ha!  More and more innocents are pulled into the videogaming cult!

As for me, my mom used to play Waverace for 64 a lot, and probably would play the GC one if I got it.  Other than that, though, they only play very rarely.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline GoHuskers

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2003, 12:08:12 PM »
My mom likes video games too, but the only ones she really plays are adventure games (Zelda, Mario, DK, Banjo, etc...). She doesn't play action games very much though she did play SSBM a little while. She also likes puzzle games. I remember I would always ask for a game for Christmas and she would get it and play it for weeks before I got to touch it.

Offline MetalHead666

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2003, 01:32:30 PM »

Sounds like you need some new parents.

WIND WAKER=MASTERPIECE!!!

Offline Kuchakor

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2003, 02:31:03 PM »
My Mom really only likes Super Mario Bros.

And all my dad ever plays is Nascar games (ONCE in a great while)
Town: TVLand
Name: Kuchakor

Whatya up to Norm?

My ideal weight if I were eleven feet tall.

Offline mojorizin

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2003, 03:02:01 PM »
6+ years ago, my in-laws lived on the East Coast and would stay at my house when visiting.  My wife's father was mid 50's and would have my PS and N64 running 'til dawn EVERY night.  Mother-in-law bought him one for Christmas the next year (PS), and the guy actually bought a couple of steering wheels/gas/brake outfits and made his own little gamestands so we could play driving games in the same position as in an actual car.  Shouldn't be surprised, though.  I remember walking in to his house 15 years ago and catching him reading a Zelda Hint Book.  

Offline Kyoung

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2003, 03:31:56 PM »
My sister plays SSBM all the time. She's only 13 years of age. And even though she's a button masher, she still takes awhile to beat for me and my friends.

-How ironic, I'm going to shoot you with the very bullet I loaded into this gun.

Offline Scyth3r

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2003, 03:41:44 PM »

Originally posted by: Toolvana

Why would they care that you have a GC? You bought it right? What's the big deal?

Because I should be spending my money more wisely and on more important things.    Little do they know I bought the GC w/ the birthday/Christmas money that I got from them.  Hehe.

Ah well, just need to hide it for about another year.  

Offline Gamer Donkey

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2003, 03:47:40 PM »

Originally posted by: MetalHead666

Sounds like you need some new parents.

Read Sean's post and talk to Jollus.

"Heh, i just saw a petition somewhere for Halo to come to PS2. Hey look a green donkey!"

-Mario (Just found it interesting...)

The Gaming Donkey has returned.

Offline Jollus

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2003, 08:06:09 PM »
I have found out a huge problem with this whole mom playing my gamecube thing.  She can never remember to turn off the freaking wavebirds!  I have already gone threw two sets of batteries in the last week!