Author Topic: Rate the last movie you've seen  (Read 1553297 times)

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last movie you've seen
« Reply #3800 on: December 25, 2012, 05:40:03 PM »
The Muppet Christmas Carol is the best Christmas movie ever made and I will fight anyone who says otherwise.

Just finished watching Scrooged.. bring it.

I also watched Batman: Under the Red Hood today after it being on my netflix que for ages. All I can say is..

DAAAAAAAAAAAaaaammmnnn I didn't expect it to be that good, especially after watching it immediately after Year One (which wasn't as boring as I heard you guys say it was).
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3801 on: December 25, 2012, 10:16:03 PM »
You should check out Wonder Woman, it is the best by far in entire DC Animated series.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #3802 on: December 25, 2012, 10:37:49 PM »
I find it sad that Warner Bros. treats their DC animated shows with more respect than their other cartoons.

Where are those same high standards for all their other cartoons?
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #3803 on: December 25, 2012, 10:53:49 PM »
About Cherry.

Nothing special of a movie, but that Ashley Hinshaw is just friggin gorgeous. Even when she's not naked.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3804 on: December 26, 2012, 12:57:18 AM »
I had to google Ashley and I can see why. She is the new Heather Graham.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #3805 on: December 26, 2012, 01:39:14 AM »
The Muppet Christmas Carol is the best Christmas movie ever made and I will fight anyone who says otherwise.

Patrick Stewart in A Christmas Carol and National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation are worth fighting for. George C Scott does an excellent Scrooge as well.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #3806 on: December 26, 2012, 10:23:52 AM »
I had to google Ashley and I can see why. She is the new Heather Graham.

They're both in the same movie.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #3807 on: December 27, 2012, 09:37:33 PM »
I just watched the movie called Pitch Perfect, i really didn't care for the film, but I thought Anna Kendrick was dreamy
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPixâ„¢
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
« Reply #3808 on: December 28, 2012, 01:08:18 AM »
Over Christmas I (re)watched 'Up' and 'How to train your Dragon'. Those films are just incredible. So much character and charm have been packed into every frame. Sometimes I wonder why I bother watching stuff like 'Killer Joe' when I could be watching something as joyous as 'Up'.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 01:10:37 AM by Pixelated Pixies »
Gouge away.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3809 on: December 28, 2012, 02:35:31 PM »
I saw Jack Reacher on boxing day. Nothing to shout home about.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #3810 on: December 28, 2012, 03:48:16 PM »
Scrooged is still my favorite xmas movie. I wish Bill Murray was immortal.
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #3811 on: December 31, 2012, 01:27:58 PM »
Anyone catch The Hobbit yet? Saw it in the 48FPS which was neat but weird. It was like watching a BBC video drama mini series from the 70s but with awesome resolution. Elizabeth Rex came to mind. Not sure I am ready for this to be the new standard.

As for the film itself, oh dear dear dear. Peter Jackson needs people to say no to him sometimes. Many parts were very good but I am sour on the whole product as it hangs together. Yes, too long, to many meaningless, low staes battles. And, Radagast the Brown? Oh my. Just awful.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #3812 on: December 31, 2012, 01:29:55 PM »
Radagast wasn't bad, I liked him.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #3813 on: December 31, 2012, 07:21:35 PM »
Radagast wasn't bad, I liked him.

ah so thats his name. I kept referring to him as The Hobo Wizard

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #3814 on: December 31, 2012, 10:49:04 PM »
As for the film itself, oh dear dear dear. Peter Jackson needs people to say no to him sometimes. Many parts were very good but I am sour on the whole product as it hangs together. Yes, too long, to many meaningless, low staes battles. And, Radagast the Brown? Oh my. Just awful.

So it was just like the previous three films? Boring and pointless. Sounds like the fans are getting what they wanted!
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #3815 on: December 31, 2012, 11:50:40 PM »
Love - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1541874/

Boring. The description on Netflix was a bit misleading, so my enjoyment of watching this movie went downhill after the first oh I don't know 30 minutes. Although I did enjoy the beginning with the civil war scenes.
I would recommend it to those that enjoy Stanley Kubrick's 2001 A Space Odyssey, but it doesn't even touch its heels in terms of epicness, and I'm not much of a fan for 2001.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 03:08:47 PM by Caliban »

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #3816 on: January 01, 2013, 11:15:50 AM »
I've owned that movie for a while know simply because it came with an angels and airwaves album, but I've had no interest in watching it.

Offline Do_What

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3817 on: January 02, 2013, 09:32:20 AM »
Both Hobbit and Django Unchained had the same problems for me. Overly long and overly violent. Django Unchained glories way too much in it's violence. It does unnecessary things to be brutal without having a point. It doesn't make any points about slavery or anything, especially when undercut by jonah hill and funny buffoonish clansmen and the like. But so many scenes were like "look how totally gross we can be."
The hobbit just was a mess. Too much CG and too many beheadings. It clashes with itself in terms of tone way too much. At times they'd remember it was based on a kids book, but then they tried so hard to make it Lord Of The Rings: Episode I and it doesn't work. What's with all the dark portents? I get it. Lord of the Rings is coming. I get it, but can we just have a fun adventure movie with little dwarves and a hobbit? Why everyone so damn angsty?
(╯°□°)╯︵ â”»â”â”»

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3818 on: January 02, 2013, 03:06:50 PM »
I saw that DJANGO movie. I loved it. Not as much as I loved BASTERDS, but that one was going to be impossible to top. What I love about Tarantino's last two films is that the man has assumed complete control of his skills and what he's trying to do. Yes, PULP FICTION is still probably his best, but BASTERDS and DJANGO live in a more heightened reality than PULP. Tarantino is able to switch tone better (and less jarring) than probably anyone maybe ever. The way both of those films can go from stupid, goofy humor to incredibly tense is an impressive feat that doesn't seem to be getting old.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3819 on: January 02, 2013, 05:52:32 PM »
Django Unchained/10

I actually read thescript a week before i watched it. I had the script on my hard drive for like a year and a half, i think when Will Smith was for the role. Anyhow, i only read the first bit, but thought it was good. Right before the movie came out i spent a saturday night reading Django. I watched the movie last night and it was great. Very few changes from the script, and about how I pictured in my head.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #3820 on: January 02, 2013, 07:37:14 PM »
Jack Reacher: 6/10

I went for some Tom Cruise sassiness and only wish I would've gotten more of it. There's a huge plot hole towards the end that they throw right in your face and leave unresolved. There's another one too that didn't make sense. In fact, the entire plot kinda fall apart at the last second. Otherwise, it's very solid during the rest of the movie.

Django Unchained: 9/10

There are too many things I liked about that movie to count. One or two things were maybe a little too over the top, but the rest of it was amazing.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #3821 on: January 02, 2013, 09:02:11 PM »
Anyone catch The Hobbit yet? Saw it in the 48FPS which was neat but weird. It was like watching a BBC video drama mini series from the 70s but with awesome resolution. Elizabeth Rex came to mind. Not sure I am ready for this to be the new standard.

High framerates work for video games, which require high-precision controls, yet everyone is still content with their 24 FPS movies?

I thought movies becoming more lifelike was a good thing?
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #3822 on: January 02, 2013, 09:08:46 PM »
Django Unchained was one of those eh movies. It was fun, for the most part, but I'd of enjoyed it more if I hadn't paid close to $18 to watch it. I'd watch it again just to count how many times the N word is dropped, then again to count how many times it was uttered by just white folk vs black folk. Then I want to spread false info on the internet just to see how many people believe it.

Kidding aside, my friend felt really uncomfortable with the movie so we joked that Tarantino must of made a bet with someone that he could get away with saying the N word 1000 times in one movie as long as it had a strong black character killing white people. That made him feel better :)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3823 on: January 02, 2013, 10:22:26 PM »
close to $18, come to arizona. I flashed my student discount and it went from $9.50 to $8.50. Never count your popcorn and drinks as part of your ticket, you dont need them.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #3824 on: January 02, 2013, 10:30:04 PM »
close to $18, come to arizona. I flashed my student discount and it went from $9.50 to $8.50. Never count your popcorn and drinks as part of your ticket, you dont need them.

who said I bought popcorn or a drink? I never pay for that stuff, I either get snacks like candy and drinks at the target on the basement floor of the same plaza, or I have a big dinner before the movie and don't need snacks. This chain of theaters has a $7 Tuesday deal that I usually do but it was a Friday night and a friend was in for the holidays from out of town, so I had to bite the bullet and pay full price.

Adult admission price is at least $14 in NY but this particular chain offers a "directors hall" theater where the seats are cushier and you can choose your seat at the time of buying your ticket, a nice perk when you're as picky as I am, but unfortunately it was all last minute and we were both pressed for time, so we got the first tickets we could, at the premium price, and had to sit in the second row - I've never seen nuts so big :( ugh