Author Topic: Rate the last movie you've seen  (Read 1553367 times)

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
Re: Rate the last movie you've seen
« Reply #3775 on: December 24, 2012, 10:22:20 PM »
I know why they made the movie (and Disney has the rights to The Avengers, I think you meant to say so they couldn't get back the film fights to Spider-Man), I said why they made it a re-boot rather than a continuation of the existing series. As for The Social Network, that was a slip of the mind. The funny thing is that Disney CAN use Spider-Man on the upcoming S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show since Disney did get back the TV rights to Spider-Man.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #3776 on: December 24, 2012, 10:26:45 PM »
The Muppet Christmas Carol is the best Christmas movie ever made and I will fight anyone who says otherwise.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #3777 on: December 24, 2012, 11:00:05 PM »
They rebooted Spoder-Man because organic web shooters are dumb.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #3778 on: December 24, 2012, 11:06:49 PM »
Why? I like it better than him inventing the ****.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #3779 on: December 24, 2012, 11:10:30 PM »
But it makes no sense for them to come out of his wrists.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #3780 on: December 24, 2012, 11:29:41 PM »
Why? I like it better than him inventing the ****.

As a fan of the 90s cartoon (which I still hold as the best version of the character), I 100% disagree.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #3781 on: December 24, 2012, 11:30:53 PM »
Just as much as someone becoming a superhero after being bit from a spider. And TJ, considering your opinion on the trilogy already, I don't listen to what you have to say on the subject.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #3782 on: December 24, 2012, 11:31:48 PM »
Just as much as someone becoming a superhero after being bit from a spider.

Don't get into that, because then you can say that about any superhero. Getting the ability to turn into fire and fly? Or stretch every part of your body?

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #3783 on: December 24, 2012, 11:33:40 PM »
I will get into that. You can't say that, because it doesn't have to make sense in our world. Just theirs. And I say shooting web from the wrists works in that context.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #3784 on: December 24, 2012, 11:39:02 PM »
From 1962 (Spider-Man's first appearance) until 2007, the comics version never had organic spider-webs. And shortly after that, it gone away. The whole creating webs from his body thing was a Sam Raimi idea and it has thankfully gone away. Part of his character is that he is so smart that he figured out a way to create these webs.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3785 on: December 24, 2012, 11:42:51 PM »
The whole creating webs from his body thing was a Sam Raimi idea
NOPE.

It's James Cameron's idea from his version of the script that was never made into a movie. The one where he rapes MJ or something.

I like organic version, it makes more sense.

Also, SSM >>>>>>>>> SM:TAS. SM:TAS had it's moments though.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #3786 on: December 24, 2012, 11:45:15 PM »
TJ spikes says they screwed up Doc Ock? makes no sense. It seems if anything Doc Ock was pretty lame before Raimi got to him and made him cool.

Spider-man 2> The Amazing Spider-Man> Spider-man 1 > Spider-Man 3

Personally my favorite villains are Hobgoblin and Venom. Which themselves are warped versions of other characters.

I'm excited to see Electro. I also do not give a **** about the race change, because all but Electro's mouth has been covered by the most ridiculous costume behind Mysterio. I didn't mind sandman at all. Had they focused on Sandman instead of throwing so much into 3 then there wouldn't have been a problem. The Spider-man series should have been handled like the Harry Potter series, as there is such a diverse rogues gallery..ultimately concluding with a sinister six battle. Trying to make every series into a trilogy might not serve the series well. There is so much story to tell with spider-man.

Please do enlighten us on how they screwed up Doctor Octopus?
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #3787 on: December 24, 2012, 11:49:39 PM »
I meant idea as in actually happening. PLANNED does not mean it actually happened. It was Sam Raimi who first did Spider-Man with organic web.

SSM better than TAS? Hahahahahahahaha. That is the funniest thing I heard all day.

Perm, the main thing that bothered me is that I grew up with Doc Ock have a German accent. That Doc Ock was far more interesting than Raimi's version.

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #3788 on: December 24, 2012, 11:56:35 PM »
They rebooted Spider-Man because organic web shooters are dumb.

It's a more practical way to showcase Peter Parker's spider powers than by saying: "I can only climb walls? Why can't I shoot webs like a real spider? ****, guess I'd better invent some web shooter device to complete the whole spider get-up."

If Peter Parker only inherited the wall-climbing abilities of a spider, then he'd only be half a Spider-Man. The organic web shooters complete the transformation.
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #3789 on: December 25, 2012, 12:00:07 AM »
The whole creating webs from his body thing was a Sam Raimi idea
NOPE.

It's James Cameron's idea from his version of the script that was never made into a movie. The one where he rapes MJ or something.

I like organic version, it makes more sense.

Also, SSM >>>>>>>>> SM:TAS. SM:TAS had it's moments though.

James Cameron wrote a Spider-Man script?

Why don't more directors write their own movie scripts? The whole point of being a director is unleashing your creativity on the audience. If you are simply filming another person's written work, it is no longer your movie.

That's like having a publisher write the entire novel you pitched to them.

Thank goodness the indie scene exists, since it allows people to be in complete control of their creative work (whether it's movies, video games, books, Hulu original shows, etc.).
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 12:06:39 AM by tendoboy1984 »
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #3790 on: December 25, 2012, 12:07:29 AM »
Watch The Amazing Spider-Man, they handle the abilities fine. And in the comics he developed the knowledge of how to make the artificial webbing after being bitten.

tendo, you do realize Cameron wrote The Terminator, Rambo: First Blood Part II, Aliens, The Abyss, Terminator 2: Judgment Day, True Lies, Titanic, and Avatar? So he is a very prolific screen writer. Most writers do not have the talent to direct a film (and vice-versa, many directors do not have the talent to write).

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3791 on: December 25, 2012, 12:15:01 AM »
Doc Ock having a German accent would make sense in the 1960s but not now. I'm an intermediate German speaker, I know many Germans...their accents are 90% subtile and barely noticeable. The Era of silly Nazi accents is over(unless its a period movie)

I kinda want to see Raimi take a crack at a Batman movie with Mr. Freeze as the villain.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 12:19:23 AM by ThePerm »

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3792 on: December 25, 2012, 01:46:58 AM »
I am a card carrying defender of SPIDER-MAN 3 and I think it gets a lot of undeserved hate (those emo scenes are meant to be hilarious and they ARE hilarious) but I am also of the opinion that SPIDER-MAN 2 is the best superhero movie the genre has offered us thus far. Yes, I've seen THE DARK KNIGHT. That's probably number two or three. THE INCREDIBLES is up there too. I love everything about SPIDER-MAN 2 and could probably watch it every day for the rest of my life.

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN is deceptive. You think it's good because it's never unwatchable or anything but actually it's a terrible, awful, incomplete piece of **** that has little redeeming about it except its cast. All of this on top of being a complete waste of time as it hits the same beats as Raimi's wildly superior SPIDER-MAN. TASM also has a terrible habit of dropping plot threads for seemingly no reason. That **** about his parents? Finding Uncle Ben's killer? Where did that SWAT team go after they were turned into lizard people? And the ending of TASM. UGH. Compare the final scenes of SM and TASM. The former shows our hero being a hero by being selfless. The latter shows our "hero" being a selfish douche and going back on the promise he made Gwen's dying cop sergeant father. Cool bro. You're so cool. I will say there was a single fight scene that I liked, the one in the high school. It was the only time where I felt like I was seeing something cool that I hadn't in Raimi's trilogy. Oh and those fucking crane operators were the WORST.

EDIT: I love it when people downvote me instead of dispute my opinions.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 02:42:57 AM by TrueNerd »

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #3793 on: December 25, 2012, 10:30:01 AM »
Otto is a German name, but Octavius is Roman, so he doesn't necessarily need a German accent. Typically a last name has more bearing on where someone came from than their first name.

And shoot webs out of their ass, so having (two of) them appear magically on his wrists makes no sense.

Amazing Spider-Man was far better than Spider-Man 3.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3794 on: December 25, 2012, 10:43:35 AM »
DNA mutations can have unpredictable results. The webs coming out of his hand makes sense with that logic. You have the function of a spider-ass being taken from an 8 limb arthropod/arachnid going onto a 24 limb mammal.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #3795 on: December 25, 2012, 12:14:57 PM »
Too convenient. He didn't get any more eyes or fangs or anything either.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #3796 on: December 25, 2012, 12:23:53 PM »
Too convenient. He didn't get any more eyes or fangs or anything either.

Well, when he try mutating himself further (to get rid of his powers), he did turn into an actual spider complete with fangs and multiple eyes. I do agree with you on ASM being better than SP3.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3797 on: December 25, 2012, 12:53:33 PM »
Yeah, they still haven't ever gotten into Spider-Man's Man-Spider incarnation. At some points in the comics and TV show Spider-MAn undergoes a very Lizardesque/Flyesque full creature transportation. Luckily its never a permanent thing.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3798 on: December 25, 2012, 01:13:42 PM »
Octavius is Roman
I'll just make my final note that Octavius sounds like swedish name and i'm out of this.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #3799 on: December 25, 2012, 01:18:50 PM »
It is Roman though, like Gaius Octavius (Roman Emperor who married the niece of Julius Caesar).