Author Topic: Rate the last movie you've seen  (Read 1553189 times)

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last movie you've seen
« Reply #3200 on: May 05, 2012, 01:22:31 PM »
Why new DC logo is this? I've yet to see it.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #3202 on: May 05, 2012, 08:51:01 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Dclogo2012.png

Wow, that looks like some generic graphic design logo.

The previous logo was much better. They should switch back before anyone notices they changed it at all.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #3203 on: May 05, 2012, 10:06:49 PM »
Our wife and I finally got a babysitter so we could have a date night.  My hopes to see the Avengers have been postponed so we could see the more neutral "The Five-Year Engagement".

What starts off as a fairly funny, unique, and endearing romantic comedy deviates in the middle of the movie to cliche story devices for this genre (cheat on each other, date other people, realize they just miss each other since breaking up.).  Worse yet, this deviation lasts for a good half hour of the movie before the last 1/3 of the movie where they slowly trudge their way back to the originally funny and enjoyable pacing/conclusion.

This movie was a disappointment, only because it could have been a rare romantic comedy that delved into some interesting new ideas/struggles between the couple (Segel's character being an accomplished chef who sacrifices his dreams and home for his fiancee's opportunity to work in collegiate research, how well-laid plans change in the face of relationship struggles, the strain of learning to compromise with their fiancee when both have ambitious aspirations), but decided to use a cheap storytelling device for this genre, effectively adding a useless chunk of time where most people will probably be frustrated watching it.

This movie runs approx 2 hrs 15 mins.  It deserves to be re-cut to run 1 hr 30 - 1 hr 45 mins.

7/10
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 10:08:38 PM by lolmonade »

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3204 on: May 05, 2012, 10:13:56 PM »
Avengers

If you only like Artsy film.  Don't see this movie.  The overall quality of this movie will offend you because it is excellent without being a weighty piece trying to be angsty or ram a message home.  All that is dropped because there is a threat and the are going to fix it. 

Another way to put this is that this movie may have fixed the karma balance that Transformers and X-Men Trilogy set eskew.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 10:16:42 PM by Ceric »
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3205 on: May 06, 2012, 05:08:36 AM »
Avengers.... AWESOME!!!

The Hulk needs a new movie, because The Hulk was fuckin' HILARIOUS!!!
seriously made the movie for me. On numerous occasions.

Ohhhh and the tease for Avengers 2 do you guys remember The Infinity Gauntlet? I'm gonna have to go read that comic again to refresh myself for what's in store.

But I'm about to petition for The Hulk 2 and Joss Whedon needs to be involved.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3206 on: May 06, 2012, 08:52:32 AM »
Joss Whedon needs to be involved in all Marvel projects here on out.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #3207 on: May 06, 2012, 08:54:11 AM »
Sorry for the double post, but BnM, your wish may well be a reality. Apparently Mark Ruffalo has signed a 6yr contract as the hulk for future projects.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3208 on: May 06, 2012, 11:15:03 AM »
But they haven't announced any sequels for the hulk yet. afaik

I know there is an IM3, CA2, Thor 2 & Av2 all planned

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #3209 on: May 06, 2012, 11:36:38 AM »
I didn't know a Cap sequel was announced.  It'd be awesome if they managed to place it in the original time fame, but I know they probably won't. :(
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #3210 on: May 06, 2012, 12:24:39 PM »
I didn't know a Cap sequel was announced.  It'd be awesome if they managed to place it in the original time fame, but I know they probably won't. :(
Confused by this.

Do you mean WW2?  If so I do not want to see that movie.  The first one pretty much played all that material out.  Anything would only work as Flashback material.

Avengers pretty much picks up right after the Captian America movie so him being an agent for Shield would be right were it needs to be.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3211 on: May 06, 2012, 12:34:32 PM »
Obviously, the movie universe is different, but Cap was around for quite a while in WWiI era.  Seems like there could be a lot of untold stories from that time frame.

I can't help it - I loved everything about the first movie... and I'm not even a huge Captain America fan.

Sadly, for the next movie, I see some kind of cybernetic Bucky coming back or some crap.

If we're going with a modern-time frame movie, I'd like to see him leaving SHIELD (the whole building WMDs thing), giving up the Captain America identity after seeing what America has become, etc., etc.  Sure, it's cliché...

I could see this as a window to introduce John Walker's character, but I'd hate for this to turn into an Iron Man 2-rip off.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #3212 on: May 06, 2012, 03:14:55 PM »
Haven't seen it yet...but Avengers had the biggest opening ever - $200 million, which beat the last Harry Potter's $169 million. Pretty impressive. They also said the audience was 60/40 male to female, and 50/50 under 25 and over 25...very impressive.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #3213 on: May 06, 2012, 05:46:19 PM »
I'm seeing it again today. Cant wait.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #3214 on: May 06, 2012, 07:30:31 PM »
Obviously, the movie universe is different, but Cap was around for quite a while in WWiI era.  Seems like there could be a lot of untold stories from that time frame.

I can't help it - I loved everything about the first movie... and I'm not even a huge Captain America fan.

Sadly, for the next movie, I see some kind of cybernetic Bucky coming back or some crap.

If we're going with a modern-time frame movie, I'd like to see him leaving SHIELD (the whole building WMDs thing), giving up the Captain America identity after seeing what America has become, etc., etc.  Sure, it's cliché...

They couldn't go back to WWII the way the Cap movie ended. I think they'll likely explore the Winter Soldier story line. They don't have t make Bucky a cyborg, but they can make him a killer.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #3215 on: May 06, 2012, 11:03:55 PM »

I could see this as a window to introduce John Walker's character, but I'd hate for this to turn into an Iron Man 2-rip off.
You be happy to know that as Nickmitch said Bucky never has been anything but full human if memory serves.  Cap has left shield.  Cap has even been a different hero.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #3216 on: May 07, 2012, 01:41:28 AM »
They should play up the story line where he falls in love with his WWII love interest's granddaughter. That's a good one.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3217 on: May 07, 2012, 02:28:11 AM »
Didn't Bucky come back with a cyborg arm?

Can't say I've been a big Cap fan, but I seem to remember that...

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #3218 on: May 07, 2012, 02:33:11 AM »
Yes he does, Bucky has a cybernetic left arm.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #3219 on: May 07, 2012, 07:27:48 PM »
Haven't seen it yet...but Avengers had the biggest opening ever - $200 million, which beat the last Harry Potter's $169 million. Pretty impressive. They also said the audience was 60/40 male to female, and 50/50 under 25 and over 25...very impressive.

A good majority of Marvel movies have been huge hits, both commercially and critically. There have been a few stinkers, but overall, Marvel really knows how to pick the right director and actors for the job.

If only Warner Bros./DC Comics did the same thing with their comic book movies. Christopher Nolan's Batman films have been the only DC Comics movies I truly liked (aside from the Tim Burton versions, but that was decades ago). Superman Returns was ok, but Kevin Spacey didn't make a convincing Lex Luthor at all, he's too soft.
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #3220 on: May 07, 2012, 11:03:43 PM »
Yes he does, Bucky has a cybernetic left arm.

Yeah, but considering the liberties they've already taken with the continuity, I'm sure no one will mind if they leave that out. I know I wouldn't.

I just hope they don't miss this opportunity like Iron Man 2 missed using the "Demon in a Bottle" story line fully. Tony was an implied drunk, but he could've been more of a self-destructing alchy.

As for DC, they're trying over there, at least. It's just that not every book can fit in to Nolan's Bat-verse. Also, it's hard to tell which superhero franchise will really take off. Thor probably wouldn't stand on its own, but being designed as a tie-in to the Avenger's movie from the start, really helped it. (Admittedly, it was a good movie in its own right. Edward Norton made The Incredible Hulk great (as well as it being loosely based on the TV show). And everything just went right for the Iron Man franchise. There's an upcoming Superman movie that should pretty much set the tone for any other DC films.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 11:11:54 PM by nickmitch »

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3221 on: May 07, 2012, 11:48:42 PM »
I don't see a Justice League fitting into the Nolan-verse.

As for Thor - it was the one Avengers movie I never bothered to see.  After watching it in the marathon, I have to say, I really liked it.  Probably my least favorite out of the bunch, but still a good movie.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #3222 on: May 08, 2012, 12:20:20 AM »
I don't see a Justice League fitting into the Nolan-verse.

As for Thor - it was the one Avengers movie I never bothered to see.  After watching it in the marathon, I have to say, I really liked it.  Probably my least favorite out of the bunch, but still a good movie.
I thought Thor was good for the source material.  I enjoy Thor more as a suddenly showing up hero.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3223 on: May 08, 2012, 01:17:10 AM »
I want HULK SMASH for 1:45 minutes.

and I want it before IM3. and definitely before Avenger 2.
Directed by Joss Whedon.

I just really want to watch the last 30-40 minutes of the movie again.

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3224 on: May 08, 2012, 01:54:56 AM »
THE AVENGERS

Yeah, it was great. The best part was the heroes hanging out with each other and fighting each other. I want to see the three hour version where there's 45 minutes more of that. (Apparently that exists somewhere.) So many great moments, so many laughs, so much awesome. It's not perfect, but the fact it's as good as it is is shocking. I'm super happy for Whedon for finally getting the success that he's deserved.

JURASSIC PARK

I haven't seen this movie in at least a decade so this was kind of like watching it for the first time. And it's pretty damn good. I had completely forgotten how much this plays like a horror movie. The first T-Rex attack scene is terrifying and awesome. Nothing beats a good Spielberg set piece. But the whole movie has a horror movie structure. I mean, it's ALIEN in a more family friendly package. And for a movie that is known for being a CGI breakthrough, it's the animatronic dinos that blow me away. The CGI, which should be horribly dated by now, still holds up because it's only used as a supplement to some of the best animatronics ever used and also a ton of practical effects. This is a lesson Hollywood still hasn't learned. I also love the time the movie takes to embrace the wonder of the dinosaurs. Magical stuff. So yeah, sometimes mega blockbusters hold up.