Author Topic: Rate the last movie you've seen  (Read 1553274 times)

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last movie you've seen
« Reply #3150 on: April 13, 2012, 03:33:04 AM »
I'm tempted to watch either Cabin or Battleship today. Not sure yet.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3151 on: April 13, 2012, 04:00:48 AM »
Pick Battleship.

Your tears of anguish will sustain me for weeks.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3152 on: April 13, 2012, 04:30:23 AM »
I'm seeing it first thing tomorrow afternoon, so prepare to be sustained.

Cabin is later today.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #3153 on: April 13, 2012, 02:54:08 PM »
I'm doubling my efficiency and cross-posting my movie ratings from Facebook. So sue me. &P

Cherish has a real quirky feel to it, but in an awesome way since Robin Tunney totally rises to the occasion and delivers on her crazy character, and of course it's always a joy to watch Tim Blake Nelson. I also finally know the subtle delight in watching a movie based in a city that you know: San Francisco. Netflix Rating: 4/5
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #3154 on: April 13, 2012, 05:20:02 PM »
Battleship has Brooklyn Decker in it, from what I understand. So that's something.

But I do want to see Cabin in the Woods.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3155 on: April 15, 2012, 02:00:11 PM »
Thanks to the DLR being suspended i didn't see anything. Seeing either tomorrow.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #3156 on: April 15, 2012, 03:31:52 PM »
Warhorse: Steven Speilberg did a pretty good job, and the cast was also filled with a lot of lesser known, but really enjoyable actors. (What can I say? The Brits have a lot of good ones!) But wow, the cinematographer on this worked magic, all the farm scenes were so utterly beautiful in lighting and color I couldn't believe they really were shot on location instead of on a film set... I swear, some scenes were like real life Gone With The Wind... Netflix Rating: 4/5
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #3157 on: April 15, 2012, 07:29:34 PM »
Martha Marcy May Marlene: Goddamn, what a movie. VERY good, but disturbing at times. Elizabeth Olsen's FIRST ROLE. She's gonna have an incredible career.

How ironic, considering Mary Kate and Ashley became bottom-feeding trashy losers once they became teenagers. (I was going for a more explicit term, but my conscience got the better of me)
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #3158 on: April 15, 2012, 11:12:43 PM »
American Reunion

I felt like this movie didn't really need to be made. Comedies have moved past the American Pie mold now. It was bad, it just wasn't worthwhile. There is a particularly awesome sequence (for me, personally) that made the whole movie wortwhile.

The funniest part is that when I started watching "How I Met Your Mother," Alyson Hannigan was "that girl from American Pie." After watching Reunion, she's "That girl from HIMYM." Plays the same character, actually.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3159 on: April 15, 2012, 11:18:58 PM »
Alyson Hannigan plays Alyson Hannigan who always plays Alyson Hannigan.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #3160 on: April 15, 2012, 11:40:37 PM »
Just like how Vince Vaughn always plays Vince Vaughn.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #3161 on: April 15, 2012, 11:55:07 PM »
Watch The Cell and let me know if you think Vince Vaughn is playing Vince Vaughn. You don't have to give commentary on the rest of the film, I happen to like it. First time I've seen a horse dissected in that manner...

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #3162 on: April 15, 2012, 11:58:01 PM »
Watched Mirror, Mirror last weekend. Much better than I thought. The seven dwarves were funny. and watching the prince get whupped by everyone was interesting. Interesting change on the queen giving Snow White the poison apple.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #3163 on: April 16, 2012, 01:50:46 AM »
Rubber (2010)

I went in expecting a fairly low budget film. I was really only interested by the ridiculous plot synopsis. What I ended up getting was a hilariously fulfilled amount of camp, backed by a surprisingly intelligent commentary on the entire film industry. The only downside is that the pacing suffers a bit toward the end. Highly recommended.
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3164 on: April 17, 2012, 06:05:40 AM »
I went to see Cabin in the Woods yesterday. I did enjoy how blatantly mocking it was about the genre as a whole, but for me the film nearly fell apart at the end with the system purge button, which might as well have been labelled FINISH THE MOVIE!.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3165 on: April 25, 2012, 05:01:51 AM »
Avengers.

GO AND SEE THIS MOVIE. 

If you have not yet booked tickets, stop whatever you are doing right now and do so.  To the first showing.   Do it right now. 

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3166 on: April 25, 2012, 08:44:08 AM »
Will do.

I thought Rubber was stupid...I don't know, I kind of liked it, but at the same time...I don't know. I guess I did like it, but it was stupid.

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #3167 on: April 25, 2012, 03:55:09 PM »
My girlfriend and I rented "In Time" (the movie with Justin Timberlake). It was actually pretty decent, though the last half hour was ridiculously stupid.

We also rented "What's Your Number", cause my girlfriend wanted to see a comedy. Sadly, there were very few funny parts in that movie. The plot was pretty bare-bones: A sex-obsessed girl desperately tries to find a guy who will appreciate her for who she is, a whore that has slept with 19 different guys in her lifetime (she's supposedly in her late 20's).

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #3168 on: April 25, 2012, 08:22:23 PM »
I also rented "What's Your Number", cause my girlfriend wanted to see a comedy. Sadly, there were very few funny parts in that movie. The plot was pretty bare-bones: A sex-obsessed girl desperately tries to find a guy who will appreciate her for who she is, a whore that has slept with 19 different guys in her lifetime (she's supposedly in her late 20's).

You are kidding right?  A sex obsessed whore because she slept with 19 guys before she is 30?

And yes, I saw this movie.  It didn't do it for me but what you said is freaking ridiculous.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #3169 on: April 25, 2012, 08:25:05 PM »
19 guys before she is 30 is quite a lot. Maybe not whore levels, but close to it.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3170 on: April 25, 2012, 09:57:37 PM »
Like it's been said (by Jesus I think), saying a man is awesome for sleeping with a lot of girls, and saying a girl is a whore for sleeping with a lot of men, is not a double standard. There's a standard for men, and a standard for girls. Two distinct standards, not a double standard.

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #3171 on: April 25, 2012, 10:48:47 PM »
I also rented "What's Your Number", cause my girlfriend wanted to see a comedy. Sadly, there were very few funny parts in that movie. The plot was pretty bare-bones: A sex-obsessed girl desperately tries to find a guy who will appreciate her for who she is, a whore that has slept with 19 different guys in her lifetime (she's supposedly in her late 20's).

You are kidding right?  A sex obsessed whore because she slept with 19 guys before she is 30?

And yes, I saw this movie.  It didn't do it for me but what you said is freaking ridiculous.

Yeah, that is quite a lot. If people weren't so obsessed with casual sex and one night stands, maybe this world would be a better place. Whatever happened to actually forming a committed relationship with someone? Having sex with someone you barely know is the lowest of lows.

Online NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #3172 on: April 25, 2012, 10:59:37 PM »
That's your opinion.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #3173 on: April 25, 2012, 11:08:20 PM »
We should before this gets any worse.

Captain America - 7/10

Pretty good movie. Is it just me, or was that Cosmic Cube the same one from the end of Thor and the one teased in Iron Man 2? And since Loki seems to take it for himself at the end of Thor, will this be a big part of[/spoilers] The Avengers?

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #3174 on: April 26, 2012, 12:58:35 AM »
At the risk of this getting any worse, I always think of sluttiness as more of a speed than a physical count. A total number guys isn't always fair for someone's who's changed their ways. I just think of it as number of guys over time. If 19 guys in maybe 12 years is a lot to you, then that's you, friend.

(I got 12 because I assume she became active around 18 and is around 30. 30 - 12 = 18.)

But yeah, movies.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.