Author Topic: Rate the last movie you've seen  (Read 1553396 times)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last movie you've seen
« Reply #2525 on: August 13, 2011, 05:37:26 PM »
well the movie came out in 2004, and if that was when you saw it. Than you would have seen it then you were about 17, maybe you didn't get it?
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #2526 on: August 13, 2011, 05:51:47 PM »
Maybe. I have thought about watching it again and seeing if my opinion has changed.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: August 13, 2011, 07:02:41 PM »
Shawn of the Dead was a huge disappointment. I had high hopes for that movie and you I found it thoroughly unfunny.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: August 14, 2011, 01:13:21 AM »
Shaun of the Dead is about as funny as a film can get.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #2529 on: August 14, 2011, 01:17:36 AM »
Hahahahahahaha. Thanks for the laugh Dasmos. I should applaud you for telling the funniest joke I have heard all day.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: August 14, 2011, 01:24:29 AM »
I live to give.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: August 14, 2011, 11:40:17 AM »
Shaun of the Dead was pretty damn boring. Typical comedy fair, but with much more annoying characters. Sadly, it seems to be about the best thing the duo will ever muster up. If I want a zombie comedy, I'll go watch Dead Alive.
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: August 14, 2011, 12:16:11 PM »
Rise of the Planet of the Apes - I could care less about James Franco's character, but Cesar's plight was fucking awesome.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: August 14, 2011, 03:36:50 PM »
Hot Fuzz is probably their best movie. Shaun of the Dead is great though.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: August 14, 2011, 07:37:48 PM »
Rise of the Planet of the Apes - I could care less about James Franco's character, but Cesar's plight was fucking awesome.

i think that was the idea, he was more of a supporting character. Caesar was the star. Although in the intro of the movie that how they made it seem. Great Frankenstein meets Spartacus story.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #2535 on: August 14, 2011, 08:58:15 PM »
I don't know about the new Apes movie. I hated the idea of it when it was announced, and thought the trailer that aired before Transformers: Dark of the Moon was terrible too, so I am surprised with people saying they liked it. I might check it out online or when it comes out on DVD.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: August 14, 2011, 09:38:01 PM »
I don't know about the new Apes movie. I hated the idea of it when it was announced, and thought the trailer that aired before Transformers: Dark of the Moon was terrible too, so I am surprised with people saying they liked it. I might check it out online or when it comes out on DVD.

Believe me, try to get an early cheap matinee. It's worth it.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: August 14, 2011, 11:55:44 PM »
The Princess and the Frog Three and a half stars Disney still has it. I really miss hand drawn animation.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: August 15, 2011, 03:13:10 AM »
also, those dissing the CG idea. I wouldn't totally hold out that they won't use makeup again at some point in the future of the franchise. The apes in rise aren't evolved to the point of say Tim Burtons version which had good makeup. They are basically non evolved yet smart apes, i think they look great. It would take several generations of selective breeding to get to the point where they look almost human. I always loved the original movie, and I watched it a couple hours after Rise, and while the plot of the original is still great the makeup looks like ****. The makeup was great in the Tim Burton version, but it pulled some stupid **** towards the end and ultimately that killed the story. The story in Rise is great. Andy Serkis needs Awards.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 03:16:48 AM by ThePerm »

Offline Morari

• View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: August 15, 2011, 11:18:18 AM »
I literally laughed out loud when I caught the trailer. The CGI looked terrible (doesn't it all?), James Franco looked stoned, and there are already a couple of "prequels" within the original Planet of the Apes franchise. There is really no reason for this to exist. There are plenty of people out there with new and interesting ideas... maybe Hollywood should hire some of them instead of retreading the same stuff over and over and over and over and over and over and over again?

If you're interested in the story and for some reason just can't bring yourself to watch the original film (which is great)... then go read the book. Skip the crap that's in the theaters today.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: August 15, 2011, 12:05:58 PM »
I literally laughed out loud when I caught the trailer. The CGI looked terrible (doesn't it all?), James Franco looked stoned, and there are already a couple of "prequels" within the original Planet of the Apes franchise. There is really no reason for this to exist. There are plenty of people out there with new and interesting ideas... maybe Hollywood should hire some of them instead of retreading the same stuff over and over and over and over and over and over and over again?

If you're interested in the story and for some reason just can't bring yourself to watch the original film (which is great)... then go read the book. Skip the crap that's in the theaters today.

I think the lesson here is don't judge a book by its cover. Everyone is saying it's a great movie, yet you keep insisting on dissing something you've only seen two minutes of.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: August 15, 2011, 12:26:35 PM »
It's funny you say that about PatF, I thought the animation was pretty bad for a Disney movie and reminded me nothing at all of the I past movies. The voice acting was pretty bad and way too exaggerated, and the character designs were pretty uninspired. It seemed like an episode of a TV show on the Disney Channel or something, but was nowhere near the quality you'd usually expect from them. Enchanted had better animation if you ask me...then again I'm no Disney fan in general, but I have kids and nephews so I've seen them all.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: August 15, 2011, 12:37:36 PM »
Splice: 8/10 Not a great movie, but weird and creepy, which fulfilled my enjoyment at the time.

Iron Man 2: 8.9/10 Wow, why did I wait so long to see this? I'm probably going to watch it again I liked it so much. Scarlett Johansen was incredibly hot, but I didn't like her fight scene too much. Everything about this movie rocked except the deus ex machina of his father's element provided by shield.
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: August 15, 2011, 04:14:58 PM »
Iron Man 2 sucks only because the first movie was so great.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: August 15, 2011, 05:43:33 PM »

I think the lesson here is don't judge a book by its cover. Everyone is saying it's a great movie, yet you keep insisting on dissing something you've only seen two minutes of.

yeah seriously, I've seen ALL of the planet of the apes movies, so its not like im ignorant of the others. I think the CG looks great. The only places where I see CG that looks wrong is the apes that have less hair. A couple of them are older, and older apes lose hair just like we do, and they look off. The orangutan character looks amazing.

Its not perfect, but if you ever seen the original then you'll know they have rubber glued to their face and none of them can talk right and thats way more off-putting than this is. There is a thing called suspension of disbelief, but you know you have to suspend disbelief to enjoy any movie, and if you spend too much time picking things apart than you're fucked on every movie. None of its real its all fake. Imagine some new person to our culture watches their second movie and it has the same actors as the first movie and a totally different plot and just can't get over that
Tom Cruise was an airline pilot in top gun and now he's a Vampire living before the American Revolution. Do you know how many movies we watch that have the same person in it? Why does Dick Miller get killed in every movie he's in? How can he get attacked by Gremlins if the Termanator killed him? I thought robots killed him in chopping mall...this is terrible!

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: August 15, 2011, 07:18:52 PM »
If you want to watch a bunch of hairy, feral cavemen wreak havoc and take over, why not save your $9 and watch the nightly news from the UK?
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: August 15, 2011, 07:29:46 PM »
If you want to watch a bunch of hairy, feral cavemen wreak havoc and take over, why not save your $9 and watch the nightly news from the UK?
They didn't even take over. They beat up and killed a couple policemen and managed to head over to a national park for sanctuary. While it hints that humanity has unleashed a disease on itself.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 07:47:06 PM by Oblivion »

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: August 15, 2011, 07:39:02 PM »
Try something like this, only take out the spaces:
[ spoiler ] stuff [ /spoiler ]

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: August 15, 2011, 07:46:18 PM »
Oh lol thanks. That would've been much easier.

Offline Morari

• View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: August 15, 2011, 08:46:21 PM »
Its not perfect, but if you ever seen the original then you'll know they have rubber glued to their face and none of them can talk right and thats way more off-putting than this is. There is a thing called suspension of disbelief, but you know you have to suspend disbelief to enjoy any movie, and if you spend too much time picking things apart than you're fucked on every movie. None of its real its all fake.

But practical effects are real. CGI is not. The lightning and texturing looks wrong on these CGI apes and immediately kills the suspension of disbelief. Well done facial make-up does not. Suspension of disbelief is the problem. Full CG scenes just don't cut it. It looks like Roger Rabbit.

Actually, watching high-profile actors over and over is often a buzz kill. Usually they just end up playing "that character". I'd usually prefer decent no-names that fill a role than A-listers pandering the audience.