Author Topic: Rate the last movie you've seen  (Read 1553378 times)

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last movie you've seen
« Reply #1300 on: June 25, 2010, 06:01:53 PM »

Short cartoon before the movie: Crap

How can you say that? It was such a clever use of hand drawn animation and digital animation to make a very unique story come alive. It's the kind of movie that Walt Disney would make, it was so magical and simple and universal in appeal.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 06:05:13 PM by Mr. Adolph Vega »

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: June 27, 2010, 12:25:31 AM »
A Team 9/10

action packed, this is more like it

Funny People 9/10 was a really good movie
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 07:29:09 AM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: June 27, 2010, 05:53:35 PM »
Robin Hood: 6.5/10 meh
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1303 on: June 27, 2010, 09:55:47 PM »
Up: 4/5 stars. It was a little slow to start and I wasn't that interested in the antagonist, but the movie is a LOT better than I expected. I love Pixar, but I thought I was gonna hate the movie based on the trailers. It was touching seeing Carl eventually bond with Russell, including the ending.

Even though i've seen the movie before, I watched Ghostbusters on TV today and it's still a good movie.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #1304 on: June 27, 2010, 11:03:29 PM »
Raptor Island: 0.00001/10

Wow. It's almost too bad to mock with friends. Don't worry, we'll have the audio up before long.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: June 29, 2010, 06:56:37 PM »
City Island: Indie flick with Andy Garcia 8/10. It's one of those 'normal life with a believable twist' indie flicks, but it is really good and Andy Garcia delivers a great performance.
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #1306 on: June 29, 2010, 07:43:17 PM »
Where the Wild Things Are: Intolerable/10

My wife and I turned the movie off about twenty minutes in, because we both HATED Max. We hated him with a passion matched only by our hatred of Nazis.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: June 29, 2010, 08:57:51 PM »
wasn't Max August Rush?

August Rush 7.8/10

Offline jrlibrarian

• Small Staff
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: June 30, 2010, 01:11:30 PM »
wasn't Max August Rush?

August Rush 7.8/10

No, August was Freddie Highmore, while Max was played by Max Records.

Bicentennial Man: Another good movie with Robin Williams in it (AR). 8/10
I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: June 30, 2010, 01:17:47 PM »
Here is my review:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ISWEeCx57E

Question -where'd that "Coming Soon" poster from the beginning of the review come from?  I ask because it features a character not in the movie.  A character they make a point to mention that's not in the movie.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline jrlibrarian

• Small Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: June 30, 2010, 04:11:40 PM »
Here is my review:

Question -where'd that "Coming Soon" poster from the beginning of the review come from?  I ask because it features a character not in the movie.  A character they make a point to mention that's not in the movie.

I'm pretty sure that it was a fake poster made from images from Toy Story 2. Still a great third movie, however.

Offline SilverGrey

• GP replacement
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: June 30, 2010, 05:28:27 PM »
Here is my review:

I'm pretty sure that it was a fake poster made from images from Toy Story 2. Still a great third movie, however.

I've seen it twice, and both times my experience was interrupted by the children in the theater screaming in terror.  I think Toy Story 3 was made mostly for people who grew up on the series, as opposed to the children of today.  I wish more parents did research before taking kids to movies that may cause meltdowns.  I felt the same way when 2 kids were taken out of the theater when I saw Pirates of the Caribbean and heard the mom muttering 'this is supposed to be a DISNEY film!!'
I really liked Toy Story 3 though, excellent, but I still really love Toy Story 2.
I also loved the short at the beginning of the film, but not as much as I loved the one with the magician pulling the rabbit out of the hat.

Offline jrlibrarian

• Small Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: June 30, 2010, 10:01:02 PM »
Here is my review:

I've seen it twice, and both times my experience was interrupted by the children in the theater screaming in terror.  I think Toy Story 3 was made mostly for people who grew up on the series, as opposed to the children of today.  I wish more parents did research before taking kids to movies that may cause meltdowns.  I felt the same way when 2 kids were taken out of the theater when I saw Pirates of the Caribbean and heard the mom muttering 'this is supposed to be a DISNEY film!!'
I really liked Toy Story 3 though, excellent, but I still really love Toy Story 2.
I also loved the short at the beginning of the film, but not as much as I loved the one with the magician pulling the rabbit out of the hat.

I was expecting to have TS3 interrupted by screaming kids, but for some reason, there were only about twenty people in the theater last friday, and none were below the age of 15.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: July 01, 2010, 06:14:44 AM »
Here is my review:

That lady complaining about how it is supposed to be a Disney movie is probably the same one who bought Conker's Bad Fur Day for her kids because it was a 'Nintendo game'. LOL, the ratings are there for a reason. Are people really that daft or are they just naive in thinking that in spite of a higher rating that it will still be kid friendly miraculously just because "it's Disney"?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: July 01, 2010, 10:31:24 AM »
Toy Story 3 got the same rating as Toy Story 1 & 2.

Rated G

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: July 01, 2010, 10:52:19 AM »
I saw most of Fantastic Mr Fox: 8.5/10

I can't help but really like Wes Anderson films.

Rated G

Which was? Or do I have to hunt for it.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1316 on: July 01, 2010, 10:57:40 AM »
"G", for General. It means the MPAA considers the movie to be appropriate for people of all ages (I assume that is what you were asking). That means they consider is OK for anyone from 1-100 to see it, even by themselves (PG is what they use when they think little kids should have an adult with them).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: July 01, 2010, 10:58:53 AM »

Rated G

Which was? Or do I have to hunt for it.

It's in the post you quoted. I can bold it for you if you like...

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: July 01, 2010, 11:06:08 AM »
Oh wow, I didn't read the posts above. I thought the "rating" was what you thought of the movie. My bad...
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: July 01, 2010, 12:06:59 PM »
G is for good, although i still haven't seen it.

Offline SilverGrey

• GP replacement
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1320 on: July 01, 2010, 03:05:39 PM »
Here is my review:

That lady complaining about how it is supposed to be a Disney movie is probably the same one who bought Conker's Bad Fur Day for her kids because it was a 'Nintendo game'. LOL, the ratings are there for a reason. Are people really that daft or are they just naive in thinking that in spite of a higher rating that it will still be kid friendly miraculously just because "it's Disney"?

I think it's a little of both.  Pirates was unique in that it was released as a PG-13 'Disney' film, the first one actually, instead of one of the other film companies that people don't realize actually ARE Disney, but release films not aimed at children and families.  I guess in a way it's like Nintendo releasing M games?  It's just unusual.  But yeah, then you get people like that family who think Disney means light-hearted fun, and not undead pirates.

And in keeping with the theme of the thread, yesterday I watched Meet Joe Black for the first time.  Odd film, not sure how I feel about it, but overall enjoyable, if you like to cry.

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #1321 on: July 01, 2010, 03:26:59 PM »
Watched Office Space for the first time last night...

8/10.  Quite funny.  Strange, but funny.  Favorite part?

"... PC load letter!? What the $^&# does that mean?!..."  Hehehehe...
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: July 01, 2010, 04:55:30 PM »
Watched Office Space for the first time last night...

8/10.  Quite funny.  Strange, but funny.  Favorite part?

"... PC load letter!? What the $^&# does that mean?!..."  Hehehehe...

That movie is an instant modern classic and a must watch for anyone that has ever worked in a cubicled office environment.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: July 03, 2010, 02:56:21 AM »
The Crazies
pretty good, not nearly as exciting as playing Lef 4 Dead 2, but it was good for what it was.

The Wolfman
I can't make it through this movie for the life of me. How long is this movie? 4 attempts and I think I almost made it to the end.

Shes Out Of My League
This movie was also pretty good. There were a few decent laughs in this one. Good date movie.

Youth in Revolt
Not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. or should I say better than expected.

Valentines Day
Another not as bad as I expected movie. Taylor Swift was.... embarrassing would be one way to put it, but the scene was kinda funny.

Smokin Aces 2
Forgettable. That about sums it up.

Shutter Island
Not as good as I was hoping, but that's probably because I figured out what was going on early in the movie. but still a good movie.

From Paris With Love
This is no rush hour, but it had it's moments.... a few of them actually. Some where kinda funny. There was even a throw back to Pulp Fiction in there somewhere, you;ll know it when you see it. You can probably guess it already.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1324 on: July 03, 2010, 10:31:47 AM »
From Paris With Love
This is no rush hour, but it had it's moments.... a few of them actually. Some where kinda funny. There was even a throw back to Pulp Fiction in there somewhere, you;ll know it when you see it. You can probably guess it already.

I think that was even in the trailer for the movie, so not a surprise.