Author Topic: Mario Golf: Super Rush  (Read 47348 times)

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
Re: Mario Golf: Super Rush
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2021, 10:05:55 PM »
Ditto on store pick up next time. Was supposed to have gotten it today, but the mail carrier must have been too lazy to get out the truck & walk to my front door because they claimed a failed delivery attempt.

Mission...complete?

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2021, 07:54:17 AM »
Been enjoying the game so far. I suck at it & despite wanting to try motion controls, I tend to do better with buttons. But I am enjoying it.

And yeah, I'd be up for some online games with folks here for the fun of it.
Mission...complete?

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2021, 12:39:55 PM »
I am also not as good at this as I would have thought. Admittedly, this is my first Mario golf game but factoring in the distance, slope, wind, rain, etc is tough. The speed golf makes it harder by not giving you time to think. I am still liking the adventure mode which is almost as good as the one from Mario Tennis Aces. I should be able to play online in another week, once my training is complete  ;)

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2021, 01:19:56 AM »
Just I as I thought I was getting a handle on things, I reach XC Golf in Adventure. What the F was that?

That aside, I seem to be slowly getting better. I tend to do better avoiding the fancier spins/curve shots & just worry about my positioning when driving the ball straight.

Going for a putt on the other hand feels like a crap shoot when elevation is involved...
Mission...complete?

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2021, 02:29:19 PM »
Just hit me up whenever either of you would like to try the online. There's an invite system in this particulara Nintendo-published game which is rare and nice, so if we're Switch friends we can send each other invites! :)
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2021, 06:54:59 PM »
Adding you now.
Mission...complete?

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2021, 09:22:40 AM »
Just hit me up whenever either of you would like to try the online. There's an invite system in this particulara Nintendo-published game which is rare and nice, so if we're Switch friends we can send each other invites! :)
I'd love to hit a round of 9 or 18 sometimes with you. I'll add you, although i think i might have already.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2021, 06:40:49 AM »
I am sorry I missed someone's invite (can't remember whose at the moment) to join their lobby. Was in the middle of a round that I was aiming for a high score. :X
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2021, 08:06:32 AM »
Wasn't me. Though if anyone wants to invite me for a round, I tend to be the most open for lengthy gaming on weekends.

XC Golf has made me stop playing Adventure, so could use something else to do in the game.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 12:20:01 AM by GK »
Mission...complete?

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2021, 08:55:33 PM »
I finished the Golf Adventure. It ended taking about 9 hours for me. There are some optional challenges that are pretty tough. I thought it was just the right length though it does end rather abruptly.
Anyway, I am down for some online multiplayer now.
Also, I played a round with motion controls with my six year old niece. It worked well enough. It has been a while since I played Wii golf so it is hard to compare.

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2021, 10:13:05 AM »
I am sorry I missed someone's invite (can't remember whose at the moment) to join their lobby. Was in the middle of a round that I was aiming for a high score. :X
It was me. We’ll schedule a time next week maybe.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2021, 09:41:45 PM »
After playing through Golf Adventure I played a full round (18 holes) on each course with the Standard Golf mode. I played against 3 random AI opponents. This made me realize two things. First, the thing I would have like added is a set of tournaments, like those in Mario Tennis Aces. As far as I can tell there is no way to change the difficulty of the AI and they are pretty bad, averaging +10 per game. As you go through the courses they do get harder so while I started with a score around -10, by the last course I was breaking even. Since the AI do about the same on each course there is some felling of them getting more difficult but the game was never close. The other thing I realized is that you can unlock star clubs. These are leveled up sets of clubs assigned to each character. I played the 72 holes I mentioned above and was able to get about 1000 character points which unlocked the star clubs for Rosalina, the character I have been using. To get the double star clubs you need 3000 character points! This is quite a lot of playing and this is for one character. To unlock all the clubs for all the characters would require a lot of playing. I think it is too slow, much like the unlocks in Mario Kart 8.
I just tried out the Battle Golf mode tonight and it was okay. Probably better with real people. The games are very short and there are only two courses. Next up is Speed Golf with each course. I know GK mentioned not liking XC golf but I kind of liked it. The only problem is it appears to only occur in the Golf Adventure. I can see this being added as an additional mode later though.

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2021, 11:46:53 PM »
I jumped back in to check out the new content. I played a round in New Donk City and one of the randomly selected AI players was Toadette. It is an interesting course and made me want to replay Super Mario Odyssey. All the holes are par 3 and most of the putting greens are completely flat. It seems like a good course to get a hole in one on. Of course, I still haven't gotten one. Toad, who was also playing against me, scored two in a row!  >:(. Also the music is nice on the course. Worth checking out for sure. The other added mode is ranked online, where you get matched with online players and there is a set level that rotates every couple hours. You can pick regular or speed golf, and buttons or motion controls. Based on how well you do you get a letter grade. This is similar to the online in Mario Tennis Aces except there, the ranked battles did not have any of the cool levels, it was always the same tournament court. Remember, before this update the only online was just playing someone so you could improve stats for a character. I think the new mode is much better, unless you are playing with friends.