Author Topic: Hitman 2  (Read 2525 times)

Offline Cap

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Hitman 2
« on: June 29, 2003, 06:47:56 PM »
did anyone get this game? i was thinking about buying it, but i read that theres some slowdown and that the control is pretty awkward. the gameplay sounds interesting but those problems could easily ruin a game. is it worth getting anyways?

Offline BrianSLA

• View Profile
Hitman 2
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2003, 11:16:59 PM »
I don't know how it is on the GC but it is a great game. I have it on Xbox and it was great 8 months ago. I don't think there should be any slowdown on the GC...... look at Gamestop's PS2 review..... I think it ran ok on the PS2, so it should be ok on the GC.  

Offline snorgasmo

• View Profile
RE: Hitman 2
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2003, 12:01:48 AM »
i was thinking of picking this one up.. but i already have too many games to play.. but from what i've read there IS slowdown but it doesn't really affect gameplay... as far as controls, it would probably take some getting used to.. heard the controls are actually refined over the ps2 and xbox versions?? could be wrong...
-- COMMODE7 - we write about videogames.. or something...

Offline HolyPaladin

• View Profile
Hitman 2
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2003, 04:24:14 AM »
The game has been averaging a score of about 82% across various game sites.  (That's the GCN scores, not BS2 or Xsux versions.)  It seemed to get praise in just about every respect.  "as far as controls, it would probably take some getting used to..."  That is the difference between being a good game and a pile of crap, sometimes.  I got virtually nowhere in Time Splitters 2 because of awkward play control.  I don't know if other people were happy with the controls, but it was totally unnatural to me, making the game all but completely unplayable.

The game never did appeal to me, though.  I guess it might be entertaining enough to me, but I just got sick of shooters after the barage of special forces/covert ops games that have been raining from the skies during the past year.  (Not on GCN, of course, but certainly on Xbox.)  
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

- Edmund Burke

If whatever I just posted sounds rude/hateful/whatever then you probably read it wrong, but I will insert apology here, anyways, just in case.

Offline Cap

• View Profile
Hitman 2
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2003, 09:27:49 AM »
yeah, one of the reasons i was concerned about the game is that the slowdown wasnt in the 3 versions that were released 6-8 months ago. i wouldnt be so reluctant if we didnt get the worst version of the game 6 months later, but i'll probably give this game a chance anyways.  

Offline HM47

• View Profile
Hitman 2
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2003, 01:45:46 PM »
i own it for the gc and the controlls are great, you can even select the sensivity of the c stick and i have not seen any slowdown.
this is a great game, there are 20 missions and a great storyline.
there are over 40 weapons to choose from and a lot of ways to clear each mission so you can go either sthealthy or badass, or you can dress as a post man or as a delivery boy or as a florist etc and there are rankings that help the replay value because they unlock weapons.

i can highly recommend this game, if you like action games or sthealth games you should buy this one

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
Hitman 2
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2003, 03:11:32 PM »
Erm... the PC version has good controls, and isn't that demanding of a game.  Might I suggest that one instead?  
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Cap

• View Profile
Hitman 2
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2003, 03:38:54 PM »
well, my computer wouldnt be able to run the game so that really isnt an option. after reading gamespots and ign's reviews along with what HM47 said about it, i think i'll be alright with the gc version though.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2003, 06:58:35 PM »
Can the main stick and the c-stick's roles be switched?
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline BrianSLA

• View Profile
Hitman 2
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2003, 01:56:05 AM »
It is a good game. It is pretty cool to find all the different ways to kill the target...... from going in guns a blazing to poisoning them with puffer fish sushi to car bombs to a golf club to the head to a single sniper rifle shot to silent from behind with piano wire to crossbow, etc.  

Offline Cap

• View Profile
Hitman 2
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2003, 03:45:36 PM »
well, i got this game a couple of days ago and thought i would put some impressions in in case anyone cares. there is some slowdown at times to the point where your character is hovering instead of running, but its mostly a visual problem as the game still plays fine. there even seems to be slowdown in the cutscenes that appear in between missions, but i think it might be intentional. my major problem with the game is that it takes 59 blocks to save a single game file,  which is ridiculous in my opinion. the control does take a little while to adjust to, but it may be that i just dont play too many games that use a dual analog scheme. you do have to stop in the midst of gunfire and pull up a menu to change your weapon which gets frustrating though.

but despite those few problems, i have been completely addicted to this game since i got it. you do truly feel like a hitman going through the levels, and the variety of ways to take out your target adds to that experience. once i got used to the controls, they work very well. the game is quite difficult too, with stealth being a nessessity to get through most of the levels. i'm only seven missions into the game, but i would definately recomend it to anyone who likes these sorts of games.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2003, 08:59:48 PM »
I like these sort of games.

Kill people.  Kill quietly (most of the time).
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.