Author Topic: There are still 800 and something pokemon to catch: Now with more ribbons  (Read 60628 times)

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Probably meth.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
I tried to "Catch 'em All", but all I caught was herpes...
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
Alright then, all of the non event Pokemon are accounted for. Not to worry I have my sources

However, from What I've heard in ORAS you can get a certificate that you can actually display in your secret base if you have them all. Thus the time has come to go for the Living Dex which shall take me on a long hard journey to... mostly hatch a bunch of eggs...

I tried to "Catch 'em All", but all I caught was herpes...
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 04:40:58 PM by pokepal148 »

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
Re: 700 and something Pokemon TO HOARD!!!: Hoenn Confirmed.
« Reply #78 on: November 09, 2015, 07:54:02 PM »
So let's play this copy of Alpha Sapphire I have... hold on, I should set some stuff up first

*goes through bank to gather one specimen of every Pokemon I have that is native to the Hoenn region and arrange them in numerical order according to species order and dump that on the alpha sapphire copy, with gaps for whatever I'm missing.*

I can actually use the Bank to dump everything I have right now to Alpha Sapphire save, and send them back and those Pokemon will have been registered as obtained in Alpha Sapphire so with that done the plan is to use Dexnav as a checklist so I can whittle down whatever Pokemon I don't have right now. The plan is to complete the hoenn Dex this way but if a random non hoenn mon decides to come by while I'm doing this then that's fine by me.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 07:58:58 PM by pokepal148 »

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
Re: 700 and something Pokemon TO HOARD!!!: Hoenn Confirmed.
« Reply #79 on: February 05, 2016, 03:47:27 PM »
So the distributions are starting now. Firstly Mew at Gamestop.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
Re: 700 and something Pokemon TO HOARD!!!: Anyone have an extra Ekans?
« Reply #80 on: February 13, 2016, 01:14:00 AM »
Right, after some delay (I blame Xenoblade) I now have every pokemon introduced in generation 3 sitting in a few boxes.

Also a small thanks to lucariofan, I wound up using your friend safari to nab a phanpy to put in the bank. I could certainly have done it without you but I appreciate it all the same. Now if only we could get Khushy's friend safari to offer something somewhat useful,

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #81 on: February 13, 2016, 05:33:50 AM »
Bitch fear my Phanpy!
Made you look ****.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 13, 2016, 03:31:13 PM »
Now if only we could get Khushy's friend safari to offer something somewhat useful,

What friend safari? I've never done any pokemoning aside from Leafgreen on my GBA Micro.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 13, 2016, 04:26:52 PM »
Basically your friend code generates a thing called a friend safari so because I'm friends with you there is a friend safari created in your name.

Each safari can have up to 3 pokemon (If said friend has X or Y and connects with you or something you get the third one,) and yours has come up with an Abra and an Espurr.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 13, 2016, 04:49:16 PM »
What friend safari? I've never done any pokemoning aside from Leafgreen on my GBA Micro.
I believe, though I'm not certain, that even friends registered in the normal 3DS friend list can offer a friend safari in X and Y.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #85 on: February 13, 2016, 07:58:33 PM »
They can, but the friend has to have beaten the Elite 4 before the 3rd slot will open up.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
So funfact: the Tyranitar I use in my team is actually I.V. bred. This means I have 3 boxes worth of Larvitar with 2-4 perfect I.V.s,

Larvitar is actually somewhat of a commodity at the moment because in Gen 6 he's almost entirely exclusive to Pokemon Y. So those three boxes are incredibly useful as trading fodder for stuff that would normally be somewhat annoying to find.

Meanwhile i've mapped out what I need from Gen 4 and... Oh good lord that's a lot of stuff I'm missing. Now I recently acquired a copy of platinum that I could use for that but most of it can be gotten by other means and....

Hold on... You're saying the legendary birds turn up as roaming legendaries in Platinum?

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
Anyone manage to get a US Mew card? I am busting my apples trying to find one but all my gamestops are out. I have just about every pokemon known to man, I can help you get almost anything you need.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Went to local EB sold out, went downtown, sold out, went to opp end of town sold out, theses mew cards are fuckin ridulcous to find.
Made you look ****.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
I got my Mew without a problem.

Also I like how average trainers in platinum will actually switch out their pokemon if they have some reason to.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
I FOUND ONE!
and , it knows Pound fuckin fantastic.
Made you look ****.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
Oh, here's a nice battle video I'm sure someone will get a kick out of:

FTWG-WWWW-WW3H-S462

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
It's not a url...
Made you look ****.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
I got mine pretty early on with no problems.  I learned one of the last times they did a distribution this way that waiting would be problematic.  Once, I forget the giveaway, I went at the end of the first week to three different gamestops searching to no avail.

I can see the next time I go to shopping if they have any left.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
So I just found the battle theme that would have been used in the unreleased Azure Flute/Arceus Event. I'm just going to leave this here:

« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 01:55:36 PM by pokepal148 »

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
Hold on, I still have a master ball in my abandoned Heart Gold playthrough don't I... Yeah, I do, I pretty much always end up hoarding those things.

With most of my team in that game having been transferred to later games (of particular note, an Umbreon I was using there actually wound up getting transferred to Platinum because it's bulky and can learn mean look which is of immense use to me for the post game bird hunt.) I don't exactly have enough of my main mons left to clear through Kanto which makes that save relatively useless because I can't use that to get the legendary birds.

Except I can use the Master Ball to nab myself a Lugia so I suppose there's that silver lining.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
I've been going back and playing Pokémon Y lately and I'm liking it, but I find myself sticking too closely to the Gen 1 monsters I grew up with. I haven't found a ton of newer ones I like, which I'm not sure if is due to bias or just what I've run into. I've got this fire monkey guy that I use because I wanted a fire type in my party, and some weird snake thing I kind of like, but apart from those and my starter it's all the old stalwarts.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Except I can use the Master Ball to nab myself a Lugia so I suppose there's that silver lining.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
I've been going back and playing Pokémon Y lately and I'm liking it, but I find myself sticking too closely to the Gen 1 monsters I grew up with. I haven't found a ton of newer ones I like, which I'm not sure if is due to bias or just what I've run into. I've got this fire monkey guy that I use because I wanted a fire type in my party, and some weird snake thing I kind of like, but apart from those and my starter it's all the old stalwarts.
I recently rewatched the third pokemon movie and decided I actually want to use a Zubat for a playthrough one of these days because Brock actually uses his pretty well there.

Also, in all of my recent playthroughs of these games (Black, White 2, Omega Ruby, Platinum, Alpha Sapphire,) the only pokemon I've double dipped on is Roserade who has turned up in both my Omega Ruby and Platinum playthroughs and linoone who is my preferred HM Slave.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 07:24:57 PM by pokepal148 »