Author Topic: Billy Berghammer Retires From Planet GameCube.com  (Read 24498 times)

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
Billy Berghammer Retires From Planet GameCube.com
« Reply #75 on: April 20, 2003, 07:45:25 AM »
Billy, do you really want to work for a magazine that called Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance the greatest 3D fighter to date? Ah well, maybe you can knock some sense back into them.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Joshums

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 20, 2003, 11:11:32 AM »
Wow, this is just so sudden.  PGC just won't be the same without all your wacky hijinx, but I'm sure the surviving staffers will try their best.  I consider myself lucky to have met you on two separate occasions, and I'm really going to miss you this year at E3 and future events.  The E3 experience just won't be the same.  I wish you the best of luck in the future.  Keep it real dawg!  Lates.
Ph33r teh Joshums!!!11

Offline Mr_Denim

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 20, 2003, 01:38:19 PM »
Kudos on a job well done Billy. Continued success in your future endevours.  

Offline MarioLinkSamus

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 20, 2003, 08:34:46 PM »

I don't post messages often, but this news has struck me to do so.  

As silly as it seems I am actually upset you're leaving.  I'll miss the immature arguments we've had debating whether or not the Vikings are actually better than the Packers or if you were worthy enough to jump on the Gophers' bandwagon.  Nevertheless, I owe it to you for giving myself and my fellow crew members access to all Nintendo news for the cost of nothing.  Looks like no more brief Cube Club conversations at the Mall of America...  hmm the Dave Ryan look-alike has really gone on to bigger and better things now.  

I wish you the best of luck in your new adventure.  I know you'll represent Nintendo the way it should be.  Unlike most other journalists, you have seen quality gaming at its highest level thanks to Nintendo's products.  You're already a step ahead of the crowd.

Although you may not be a true fan of the Twins, Timberwolves or Wild, you are most definitely a true Nintendo fan.  Represent us well.

MarioLinkSamus
Enforcer of sanity amongst Nintendo Bashers and Gushers alike.
Miyamoto's net officer for the preservation of Nintendo integrity.
Games Collection: http://users.ign.com/collection/MLS_MarioLinkSamus

Offline Cactusjack1999

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 22, 2003, 04:03:28 AM »
Wow.

Billy leaving Planet Gamecube. It's like Miyamoto working for Microsoft

Well maybe not that severe but you get the point.

You'll be missed dude.

Offline Locke Cole

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 25, 2003, 05:05:20 PM »
I haven't been here long, but I've checked up on this site a couple times.  I'm glad that you got your big break, and hope you continue into Video game journalism.  I know I don't know you well but god bless and good luck to you.  

Offline PGC-Agent Cooper

• Founder
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 02, 2003, 08:27:39 AM »
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to say thanks for a the support that everyone has given me for the move.  You all rock.   I got a lot of e-mail of people asking me about when I'll be appearing in Game Informer Magazine.  Well I can't say exactly what I've written, but my first 2 works will be appearing in the next issue of Game Informer which should be getting to subscribers and the newsstands in two weeks.

Also, for you heading to E3, it'll be in the issue you can pick up there.  

Word.

B
Billy Berghammer
Founder -- Planet GameCube.com

Offline GaimeGuy

• View Profile
RE: Billy Berghammer Retires From Planet GameCube.com
« Reply #82 on: May 02, 2003, 07:54:04 PM »
"A kid is always a kid."