Author Topic: Mafia XLVIII: DC Universe. Wrap-up.  (Read 17687 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Mafia XLVIII: DC Universe. Wrap-up.
« on: March 02, 2011, 02:23:21 AM »
Will there be a story?

Will I post another picture of Power Girl?

Stay tuned I guess.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XLVIII: DC Universe. Wrap-up.
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 02:23:31 AM »
Announcements:

Ah, the final announcements.

Vudu - (killed by vote) STARRO!

He conquered no one.

That makes this a townie victory with only 3 townies left remaining. And they are in no particular order:

Stratos - The Batman

JRLibrarian - The Superman

Bustin98 - The Townie

Congratulations gentlemen. However, a big thanks and sincere tip of my hat to all the players for getting so much into the spirit of things and making such crazy decisions for a wild game.

And now the matter of prizes.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 02:27:36 AM by Khushrenada »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 02:24:00 AM »
Winners List:

Bustin98
Shyguy
UncleBob
JRLibrarian
Stratos
Apdude
Sundoulos
Stevey
Nickmitch
Maxi
GoldenPhoenix
Dasmos
TJ Spyke
Toruresu
The Unagi
Insanolord
Mop it up
Vudu

I'm using a bit of a different process to determine the winners than just the flat out whoever's standing at the end wins formula. The reason for that is because sometimes a good player doesn't always make it to the end despite playing well.

There is one last part of the formula I need before completing the Player's Prize list.

I want each player to send me the names of the players they thought were the best in a top 8 format with #1 being the best and down the line to #8. As well, name the 3 worst players in the game with #1 being the worst and so on.

Send me the list in a pm to me.

If you think you were the best player and want to put yourself #1, you may do so. The list is your choice after all. I'll keep the lists private. As well, the player you think was the best doesn't have to have lived the whole game or even won it.

IMPORTANT:

I ask that all players send me a list by 10:00 EST Thursday. Then I shall I compile the final results and post the order of Prize choosing. Players who do not send in a ballot will not be taking out of the running for a prize but it could hurt your standings.

Then Friday, we shall go down the list and players may choose to accept a prize or decline the prize. We'll go down the list until all prizes are gone.

If you wish to solict this thread for reasons why you should be named a top player, you may make a case for yourself. Please keep things civil. Let's not go all Larfleeze on each other. And if you don't know who Larfleeze is, shame on you.

Finally, if you have any questions, ask away.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 03:52:24 PM by Khushrenada »

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 02:25:49 AM »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 02:27:50 AM »
That's winning!

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 02:32:48 AM »
It would have been so much more devilish if JR was Starro and Vudu was Superman.

This was fun. I kinda wish there was a thread just for making comic panels for discussion instead of just typing. But I think apdude and I would be the few to post. Nickmitch would pop in once a week with new word balloons. Or new panels but the same word balloon 'Wanna be pals?'

It was rather flattering to be mistaken for Batman or Superman by The Joker, BTW. I got setup with both perfect traps and still managed to live through the explosion. What fun!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 02:34:38 AM by bustin98 »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 02:33:44 AM »
Yay!

RIP Sundy...again.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011, 02:35:59 AM »
Fallen Justice Leaguers shall be immortalized.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2011, 02:39:35 AM »
That was a really fun game. It made me feel like Ryan North, but just a little bit. Making the White Lanter Batmite was probably my favorite part. I made it pretty much right after I got noticed that my bid for the white ring won.

I also thought Bustin98 had a role. I was pretty convinced.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2011, 02:40:37 AM »
I guess I was wrong about Bustin98. I had this really odd idea that Bustin was Starro when the Shyguy vote was going on and I thought that he was voting for Shyguy because he wasn't alive at that point and would have killed vudu in the night and the next day shyguy would have brought himself back to life resulting in a tie thus causing the Mafia to win.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2011, 02:41:40 AM »
We knew stratos was batman or superman on day 1 when we tried to kill him.  I investigated him on day 2 but dasmos was killed that night and I just couldn't get enough points on my own to get the trap in time to make the hit on him on day 3.  I bought the trap on day 4 and instead of using it right away (which would have killed him in the gas attack) I was going to save it for day 5 but the joker decided to kill me.  Batman saved from the Riddler by the Joker... So frustrating...
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 02:49:45 AM by apdude »

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2011, 02:43:18 AM »
I'll admit, Unclebob had me fooled. The point thing should've tipped me off, but instead did the opposite. :/
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2011, 02:44:40 AM »
Question for the few townies who made it to the end.

Did any of you discuss the possibility that Starro was controlling Batman and sending him back false results? It could have been that JRLibrarian was Starro and controlling the investigation to say that Vudu was Starro when he was actually Superman.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2011, 02:46:13 AM »
Ah it seems that Khushrenada is using the same type of voting format for winners that I did when I hosted my game so I guess I have to think about the top 8 players and the 3 worst players and PM them to Khushrenada.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2011, 02:48:02 AM »
I had Superman and Batman reversed on Stratos and JrLibrarian.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2011, 02:51:50 AM »
I had a feeling that Stratos was Batman after I died. That voteout for Mop it up at the start was to much of a coincidence to say it was random.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2011, 02:52:47 AM »
I had Superman and Batman reversed on Stratos and JrLibrarian.

I could tell some people had this going and knew it could pay off if mafia used the wrong traps on the wrong players.

Very fun game. Intense and huge props to UncleBob for a fantastic Joker act and game performance.

I had a feeling that Stratos was Batman after I died. That voteout for Mop it up at the start was to much of a coincidence to say it was random.

It was random, that was the best part. I actually forgot I could search people on day one or things could have gone differently.
My Game Collection

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2011, 02:54:20 AM »
Who would you have searched first?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2011, 02:56:46 AM »
If dasmos wasn't killed Day 2 batman probably would have been dead day 3 and dasmos would have had his power.  We would have had 2 investigations and a somewhat joker proof mafia member.  That could have change quite a bit.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2011, 03:03:21 AM »
Who would you have searched first?

Well, I had a bit of the 'search of death' syndrome going. Most of my searches died that night. I searched GP the night she died. I searched you the night you died. Nickmitch was one of the few that didn't die.
My Game Collection

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2011, 03:06:35 AM »
Was I ever searched?

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2011, 03:06:58 AM »
Also, was the Phantom Zone projector ever attempted?

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2011, 03:07:19 AM »
Well, I had a bit of the 'search of death' syndrome going. Most of my searches died that night. I searched GP the night she died. I searched you the night you died. Nickmitch was one of the few that didn't die.

That happend with my search of shyguy.  I searched him the same night the joker killed him.  I wasn't sure if I could contact him at that point to make a mafia alliance since he was dead but could come back, so I was still on my own.  I guess I should have tried.

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2011, 03:07:22 AM »
Like I've said before, I only knew for certain that Stratos and Sundoulos were good thanks to the justice league. I thought I made it pretty obvious that I joined. If I made the claims and didn't really join, I would have been outed as a liar.

I didn't think that Starro was controlling Batman as it seemed to many other things were going on. The plan would have been for maybe Starro and Lobo to be the last ones standing, and generally speaking, you strive for every member on the team to survive. Controlling Superman would have been far more effective. And with Vudu not playing, it was conceivable for him to be Superman without being able to question someone being protected without him acting on it.

We just kinda acted on faith that JR was Superman. As far as I know Stratos never even investigated him.

What made part of the game hard was a lack of communication. Between people having late night jobs and others just not participating in discussions, getting people on the right page was a challenge. We (I) suspected everyone of everything. Especially those who talked too much and those who didn't say enough. But the challenge made the game memorable. I am glad for the teamwork that went on behind the scenes that none of you outside of it got to see. I am proud of the results, despite the casualties.

I played the game mostly for the prizes, I admit. The Brightest Day package is attractive to me, for sure. Everyone did a great job with playing the game, creating a top 8 list is going to be difficult.

How would people feel about publishing some of the PMs that occured? Could be insightful and entertaining.

Oh, one more thing: I made myself a huge target and ended up alive. Not many can say that ;)

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2011, 03:11:11 AM »
Yeah I figure that type of thing was happening since Starro wasn't voted out sooner. Oh well. I'm going to look over the game days to decide on what order I should vote.

Bustin sure I wouldn't mind seeing the PMs. It has been a long time since I have seen anybody do a PM retrospective.
Alexis, she/her/Miss