Author Topic: Possible Reveal of new Super Smash Bros game at E3!!  (Read 52533 times)

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Re: Possible Reveal of new Super Smash Bros game at E3!!
« Reply #100 on: May 25, 2011, 10:53:13 PM »
If No More Heroes was still an exclusive series, then Travis Touchdown's appearance would be more welcome, from me at least. Though I see Ian's point. 3rd party character's need to carry some weight, if they're to be included. My only question is if the philosophy of "they have to come to us" will carry on through the development of SSB4. If not, then we can probably expect more of the same. If not, the question becomes who does Nintendo go for?
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 25, 2011, 11:01:25 PM »
If No More Heroes was still an exclusive series, then Travis Touchdown's appearance would be more welcome, from me at least. Though I see Ian's point. 3rd party character's need to carry some weight, if they're to be included. My only question is if the philosophy of "they have to come to us" will carry on through the development of SSB4. If not, then we can probably expect more of the same. If not, the question becomes who does Nintendo go for?
Travis Touchdown could be a trophy.  Maybe even an assist.  Thats as far as he should be taken but I do think it wouldn't be unreasonable for that much.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 25, 2011, 11:07:34 PM »
I think L-Block from Tetris should be a playable character.

Offline ymeegod

• Score: -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 25, 2011, 11:24:48 PM »
Why not Travis?  They included Snake who's MIA on nintendo's console for how long?  Sure there's the remake and that sold just as poorly as NMH.

No sense to crap on someone's wish list.  Me, I think Nintendo should include more 3rd party characters.  Maybe take one character from all the major publishers to show some support.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 11:26:23 PM by ymeegod »

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 25, 2011, 11:38:03 PM »
My Dream List of First-Party Smash Bros. Characters:

• The dude from Urban Champion
• Toadette
• Louie from Pikmin 2
• Baby Donkey Kong
• Lemmy Koopa
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 25, 2011, 11:39:52 PM »
How about a 2D sprite Mario?
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 25, 2011, 11:59:02 PM »
No, that's silliness. The I block was the money block. If any Tetris character makes the cut, it should be the I block.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 26, 2011, 12:12:14 AM »
No, that's silliness. The I block was the money block. If any Tetris character makes the cut, it should be the I block.

The sqaure block is what should be available.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 26, 2011, 12:27:25 AM »
I wish I could "block" all of you from making anymore silly suggestions.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 26, 2011, 12:42:15 AM »
But the polls show that the L-Block is the most popular, so even though the I-Block is more useful, it'll be the L-Block who makes the cut.

Offline Retro Deckades

• Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 26, 2011, 01:09:05 AM »
I also agree that the characters should have some sort of cache or legacy.

Mega Man w/ Rush assist trophy
Belmont v. Dracula
Possibly even Pac-man, if he could be given a moveset.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 26, 2011, 09:32:06 AM »
Why not Travis?  They included Snake who's MIA on nintendo's console for how long?  Sure there's the remake and that sold just as poorly as NMH.

No sense to crap on someone's wish list.  Me, I think Nintendo should include more 3rd party characters.  Maybe take one character from all the major publishers to show some support. 
To tell you the Truth Snake is a kick in the pants as well.  When I think of him I think Playstation.  Its like putting Bandicoot, Jak and Dexter, Ratchet and Clank, etc. into Smash.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline Retro Deckades

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 26, 2011, 10:00:14 AM »
To tell you the Truth Snake is a kick in the pants as well.  When I think of him I think Playstation.

This is unfortunate, because he was on Nintendo consoles long before he was on Sony consoles. His popularity just didn't explode until the Sony years.

I'm also thinking that the next Smash Bros. game could go a long way in pleasing the masses by incorporating a speed customizer.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 26, 2011, 10:03:20 AM »
To tell you the Truth Snake is a kick in the pants as well.  When I think of him I think Playstation.

This is unfortunate, because he was on Nintendo consoles long before he was on Sony consoles. His popularity just didn't explode until the Sony years.

I'm also thinking that the next Smash Bros. game could go a long way in pleasing the masses by incorporating a speed customizer.
I acknowledge that to be true but, its an obscure reference now.  Its like finding out that X favorite actor use to be a minor Mouseketeer.

Here is a link to a table showing the chronology of the game but it also shows the systems they were available for.  The only platform you can play every single one of the games is Sony's and he had 1 NES and GCN appearance with a 3DS one on the way which is a port.  If a majority of the games, like Mega Man, was on the NES this would be a different discussion.

Also if I'm reading the history right the NES version was a port from the MSX2, pretty much PC, where it was first released.  Effectively Snake has never had an original game on a Nintendo system.  They were all Ports.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 10:13:22 AM by Ceric »

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #114 on: May 26, 2011, 01:28:24 PM »
Me, I think Nintendo should include more 3rd party characters.  Maybe take one character from all the major publishers to show some support.

This could be a good idea to lure 3rd party characters. If Nintendo puts in a character from a major 3rd party, that's instant publicity for that character/franchise. Even characters that haven't had their own game in a while (like Viewtiful Joe) would be getting some significant mindshare just from being in Smash Bros. The only flaw is that the 3rd party would have to have a game for that character in the works for Cafe for them to really take advantage.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 26, 2011, 01:37:09 PM »
Me, I think Nintendo should include more 3rd party characters.  Maybe take one character from all the major publishers to show some support.

This could be a good idea to lure 3rd party characters. If Nintendo puts in a character from a major 3rd party, that's instant publicity for that character/franchise. Even characters that haven't had their own game in a while (like Viewtiful Joe) would be getting some significant mindshare just from being in Smash Bros. The only flaw is that the 3rd party would have to have a game for that character in the works for Cafe for them to really take advantage.
Viewtiful Joe.  Now their is a character I could get behind because he Started on Nintendo, all his games (From what I can tell), were released on Nintendo first.  Also relatively obscure.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 26, 2011, 01:45:55 PM »
Megaman( w/ Rush being his way of returning to the platform), Viewtiful Joe & Bomberman should all be in the next Smash Bros.
Sonic should also return with Tails this time

maybe Spyro the dragon should also join.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 26, 2011, 01:48:01 PM »
Megaman( w/ Rush being his way of returning to the platform), Viewtiful Joe & Bomberman should all be in the next Smash Bros.

Spyro brand is very tied to Playstation name from his earlier exploits.  I honestly thought he was a Sony brand like Ratchet and Clank when those games were out.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 26, 2011, 01:52:42 PM »

Do not forget Knuckles and Shadow. While you are at it include Terry Bogart from the King of Fighters series. Bonk aswell.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 26, 2011, 02:06:34 PM »

Do not forget Knuckles and Shadow. While you are at it include Terry Bogart from the King of Fighters series. Bonk aswell.

Why oh why oh why?!?!?!

Tails, Ridley, Dixie, Little Mac, Mewtwo, new costumes, at least 1/4th of the 40 plus stages that can be used for "neutral ground" tourny like matches.

If someone breaks the game and discovers infinites or if there is true chain grabbing once again I think there should be some kind of "get out of the continuous hold button" or after 2 consecutive throws maybe you can't use it again until you use a normal or special attack. I don't understand how Sakurai's group did not weed those things out before the game was released.

Less story mode, more focus on the multiplayer aspect. I wonder if they pay attention to the competetive folks? They must know there are some major differences in power between certain characters. Changing up some hit stun, knock back, and damage could go such a long way.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Retro Deckades

• View Profile
« Reply #120 on: May 26, 2011, 02:18:00 PM »
I acknowledge that to be true but, its an obscure reference now.  Its like finding out that X favorite actor use to be a minor Mouseketeer.

Here is a link to a table showing the chronology of the game but it also shows the systems they were available for.  The only platform you can play every single one of the games is Sony's and he had 1 NES and GCN appearance with a 3DS one on the way which is a port.  If a majority of the games, like Mega Man, was on the NES this would be a different discussion.

Also if I'm reading the history right the NES version was a port from the MSX2, pretty much PC, where it was first released.  Effectively Snake has never had an original game on a Nintendo system.  They were all Ports.

Don't forget Snake's Revenge for the NES, and the fantastic Metal Gear Solid GBC game.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 26, 2011, 02:19:16 PM »

Don't forget Snake's Revenge for the NES, and the fantastic Metal Gear Solid GBC game.
Did not know about them.  So 2 games that didn't get ported.

Offline GearBoxClock

• Bratwurst Bild
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • The Clock Crew
« Reply #122 on: May 26, 2011, 02:26:47 PM »
Balance patches are a must. Also, more characters like Captain Rainbow, Birdo and Bowser jr
Ich lasse Sauerkraut in meinem lederhosen

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 26, 2011, 02:32:06 PM »
Balance patches are a must. Also, more characters like Captain Rainbow, Birdo and Bowser jr
No Just No.  IF I could expunge that Character from the Space time Continuum I would.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 26, 2011, 03:10:00 PM »
Leon Kennedy from Resident Evil 4 would make a good addition to the SSB series.