Author Topic: Are you sick and tired of seeing games based on TV shows?  (Read 3678 times)

Offline GameCritic

• Score: -2
    • View Profile
Are you sick and tired of seeing games based on TV shows?
« on: October 24, 2010, 02:51:36 AM »
The question is self explanatory. Just express your opinions pls.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
Re: Are you sick and tired of seeing games based on TV shows?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, 06:58:42 AM »
Why bother? Just don't buy the things.

Offline GearBoxClock

• Bratwurst Bild
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • The Clock Crew
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2010, 02:27:12 PM »
Every generation has quick cash-in games and the only way this trend may ever die is if people stop buying them
Ich lasse Sauerkraut in meinem lederhosen

Offline alegoicoe

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2010, 03:29:09 PM »
yes, they all suck, thats why i dont play them, simple enough.
Nintendo Network ID: LivByDCreed
Switch Friend Code: SW-4906-9561-1308

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2010, 12:25:40 AM »
After the SNES era I completely shunned those type of games away in the deepest most unused parts of my brain. Do as I do and you will never get angry again!
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2010, 10:15:06 AM »

I beg to differ, I have played a lot of good games based on TV shows (especially on the SNES, I loved Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster Busts Loose!). The Simpsons Hit & Run and The Simpsons Game were also very good.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline alegoicoe

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2010, 07:52:57 PM »

I beg to differ, I have played a lot of good games based on TV shows (especially on the SNES, I loved Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster Busts Loose!). The Simpsons Hit & Run and The Simpsons Game were also very good.

That was a long time, ago am a fan of tiny toons, am talking about recent games based on shows like CSI and Lost
Nintendo Network ID: LivByDCreed
Switch Friend Code: SW-4906-9561-1308

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2010, 08:54:42 PM »
DuckTales, Darkwing Duck, Rescue Rangers, Tiny Toons (on NES)...these were all excellent games. I wish they'd come out on Virtual Console. Wouldn't it be spiffy if they did on the rollup to Epic Mickey?
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2010, 04:45:06 AM »
DuckTales, Darkwing Duck, Rescue Rangers, Tiny Toons (on NES)...these were all excellent games. I wish they'd come out on Virtual Console. Wouldn't it be spiffy if they did on the rollup to Epic Mickey?

I want to see them hidden and fully playable as unlockables in Epic Mickey. Now those would be rewards worth replaying the game multiple times to get all the pins and such.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2010, 10:18:03 AM »
That was a long time, ago am a fan of tiny toons, am talking about recent games based on shows like CSI and Lost

"The Simpsons Hit & Run and The Simpsons Game were also very good."

I guess you just happened to miss that part of my post?
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2010, 07:53:23 PM »
As a kid I did find it exciting when a cartoon show I liked had a game being made for it.  It was cool that you could play a Duck Tales or Ninja Turtles game.  I wonder if kids today are the same way.  Do they want to play videogame versions of those cartoons?  The big difference though is that we had Capcom and Konami working with those properties.  I also wanted Simpsons games but quickly learned that while the arcade game was great the console games were ****.  I say that if kids want to play a videogame based on their favourite show or movie, they should be able to.  But it would be nice if the resulting games were good.  There was a period of about 10 years where those games could be good a fair amount of that time.  That is no longer the case unfortunately.

I would however like it if there were no games based on adult shows.  Stuff like CSI or Sopranos.  It really feels like they're just throwing anything they can think of into a game to try to make a buck.  I think it is different for kids.  Kids fall in love with brands.  They can spend an entire recess talking with their friends about how cool a videogame based on their favourite show would be.  I don't think there are too many adults who give two shits whether or not CSI or 24 has a videogame.  The game is made entirely to grab impulse buys from idiots.  "What game should I get?  Oooh, there's a CSI game."

When I was a kid I think there was legitimate demand for a Duck Tales games and Capcom legitimately wanted to make it a good product.  In theory that could return.  With adult shows I don't think there is demand or interest in making a decent product.  It's a glorified con.  They want to try to make you think you want a crap product that you never asked for in the first place.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2010, 09:16:48 PM »
I dunno. CSI has a lot of potential to be good. And I could see something similar to Disaster Day of Crisis for a 24 game. I would argue that a lot of shows could carry over well to games. You just need to have a studio and publisher that cares (with the budget to back it) along with an open enough timeline to make the game right instead of rushing it. Look at the original Goldeneye movie; that released 2 years after the film and it was indeed a quality game treated right. Look where that got them. Batman Arkham Asylum is a more recent example of quality. It can still be done.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline GameCritic

• Score: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2010, 09:28:18 AM »
I just wonder why Nintendo always tolerate these rushed, useless ****. Their developers didn't care about the quality nor the reaction of the costumers who will buy those ****. Another thing is, what do they think those **** games would accomplish that the original TV shows can't?