Author Topic: Mindless Batman 3 Speculation Thread  (Read 24322 times)

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
Re: Mindless Batman 3 Speculation Thread
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2010, 05:33:14 PM »
It wouldn't be a bad idea as a distraction (like Scarecrow), but Firefly probably wouldn't really be enough to completely carry a movie.   

I'm actually happy to hear that Nolan isn't going the predictable route with the Riddler...but I haven't heard anything about him ruling out other villains.    Which ones?
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2010, 06:10:16 PM »
Nolan's take on Firefly could be pretty good. Like I said before, just make him a serial arsonist dressed in a black flame retardent suit and use him as a quick way to introduce Batman into the film. I still like the idea of Batman fighting him in a buring apratment building. The police would anticipate that Batman is inside and would make preparations for his capture, which would lead him to escape from the police.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline GearBoxClock

• Bratwurst Bild
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • The Clock Crew
« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2010, 04:53:56 PM »
I would love to see Mr. Freeze, but I think he might be a bit to ridiculous.
Mob boss Penguin may work. I like the serious treatment that they give the villains, but I don't think that Batman is the kind of character with a lot of gritty, realistic characters. At least, not a lot that don't require a fairly large overhaul.
Ich lasse Sauerkraut in meinem lederhosen

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2010, 07:04:33 PM »
generally the first iteration is the least eccentric.

I like to think of what if Catwomen was simply a hard to catch burglar, not just some crazy women in a catsuit. Penguin works as a realistic character too. He was great in TOS even though he was deformed. Riddler, even though he is out also works as a pretty serious character.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFhIbpD6Vds
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 07:07:57 PM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2010, 09:27:11 PM »
Nolan's take on Firefly could be pretty good. Like I said before, just make him a serial arsonist dressed in a black flame retardent suit and use him as a quick way to introduce Batman into the film. I still like the idea of Batman fighting him in a buring apratment building. The police would anticipate that Batman is inside and would make preparations for his capture, which would lead him to escape from the police.

Yeah, let's make Batman 3 more like the Spider-Man movies.  Those really worked out swell.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2010, 10:54:48 PM »
What was wrong with the Spider-Man movies? I never saw the third one but the first two were okay.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2010, 10:58:04 PM »
In that case, you need to see the third one.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2010, 11:17:28 PM »
In that case, you need to see the third one.

Save yourself the pain and just watch this instead.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2010, 11:27:37 PM »
If it were on Netflix streaming, I'd watch it, but it isn't. Though he said movies, plural, he didn't point to Spider-Man 3.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2010, 11:40:30 PM »
Yeah, I personally think the first two Spider-Man movies did a great job at revitalizing the Super Hero/Comic Book movie genres.  That said, I really don't like them much at all.  The acting is pretty bad, the stories aren't so great, and at many points, the special effects are laughable.

The third movie, though, was just incredibly bad in just about every sense.

Yeah, I know most people disagree about the first two movies, but I stand by it.  Just because there aren't too many Super Hero movies that do things much better doesn't mean I have to tolerate mediocrity as though it's a convention of the genre.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 31, 2010, 12:33:02 AM »
its ok Nolan movies have always had more than one villain and not sucked

ras al ghul/scarecrow/falcone
Joker/two-face/various other mobsters

the burning building thing is in a couple of Spider-Man movies but 1 & 2 rocked so whatever.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 31, 2010, 12:48:36 AM »
I never realized that Spider-man fought a villian in a burning building. When I came up with the idea of Firefly trying to burn down an apartment building, Batman would go to great lengths to help the residents escape while battling Firefly. The police would be anticipating Batman's arrival and would begin to make preparations to capture him. Nolan could come up with some kind of clever way for Batman to escape. Also, Firefly would replace Scarecrow as a secondary villian.

I could also see Nolan putting Posin Ivy as an eco-terrorist that believes that humanity's a detriment to the Earth.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 31, 2010, 12:55:15 AM »
Then it turns out that the burning apartment building was orchestrated by Lock Up in an attempt to capture Batman...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 31, 2010, 03:02:04 AM »
Brief Spider-Man movie note. I think they all suck. I rewatched Spider-Man 2 after already thinking that the first one kind of sucks and the third one was patently ridiculous. I found the second one to be incredibly boring, mainly because Tobey Maguire is a terrible, terrible Spider-Man, and Kirsten Dunst isn't compelling as MJ. The supporting cast is good, though.

Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 31, 2010, 06:00:04 PM »
i really don't get people hating Tobey Macguire as Spider-Man, Spider-Man is supposed to be nerdy, end of story. Spider-Man is like the most pathetic superhero at getting his life together despite his awesome powers, its a pretty solid fact. It is also not like anyone has ever played him in person besides some short lived 70s tv show whom I don't even remember who played Peter Parker. My ideal actor to play Spider-Man? A young Michael J. Fox, thats not going to happen though. Imagine a parallel universe where it did though. The 90s cartoon was good, but you might as well have traded Parker with Fred from Scooby-Doo

That being said he does have dashing moments when he's older, and I think if they keep out high school stuff and origin stories in the new movie they can do a good job with Garfield continuing on as though nothing ever happened. The lizard is a good choice for villain. Its what I would do. I'm hoping for some Cronenberg's The Fly stuff to go down for Conner's transformation.

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 31, 2010, 09:31:37 PM »
I just thought Tobey Maguire was boring and uninteresting. He's supposed to be nerdy, but he's also supposed to witty in fights...and not unlikable and boring.

And no "Here's your change!" does not count as something 'witty.'
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 31, 2010, 11:04:38 PM »
Toby McGuire didn't write the script.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 31, 2010, 11:09:18 PM »
He still sounded like he was sleeping through all three movies.
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 01, 2010, 12:18:04 AM »
there is a fine line between witty and cheesey/campy

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 01, 2010, 01:01:04 AM »
Remember when Harry Osborne ate that pie and said it tasted so good?

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #70 on: November 01, 2010, 02:01:36 AM »
Yeah, I disagreed with Tobey McGuire's casting from day 1. I think Topher Grace should've been Spider-Man the whole time (and then he was actually cast as Venom, THE ABSOLUTE WORST CASTING EVER). The problem with McGuire is that he only has one facial expression: DEER IN THE HEADLIGHTS. "I'm surprised!" Okay, we get it, you're a terrible actor. Also, Kirsten Dunst was maybe the worst choice for MJ. MJ's supposed to be uber-hot, and Dunst needs dental work and she has a chipmunk face. Her real-life antics also cast her in a terrible light. She just comes off as too good for her own movies, and she was just disinterested in the movies. Toby was, too.

The real shame is that all of the villains (except Venom) were well-cast and interesting. Doc Oc was GREAT.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 01, 2010, 02:19:10 AM »
kirstin dunst had her moments, but they were moments not the whole time. Snaggletooth really does need dental work. And while I can't get into the perspective of Toby Macguire hate, Dunst hate is totally reasonable. Molina was awesome as Doc Ock
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 02:21:04 AM by ThePerm »

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 01, 2010, 02:21:29 AM »
Yea, Molina knocked it out of the park IMO. I really like Topher Grace in general, and his miscast portrayal of Venom just made me wish he was Peter Parker/Spidey.

I'm optimistic for the new movie, though. Liked the new Spidey in Social Network, and even though I think the casting of Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy is weird (she made more sense for MJ), I think she'll be good, too.

Anyway. Batman. Looking forward to that, too.
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 01, 2010, 02:28:01 AM »
I never thought Mary Jane was supposed to be *hot* - That's what Felicia Hardy was for.  Mary Jane was supposed to be the cute 'girl next door'.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 01, 2010, 04:25:04 AM »
Kirstin Dunst fits girl next door, but then again so does Emma Stone,  Emma Stone is hot though..then again she is playing Gwen Stacy which is weird, but not bad.