Author Topic: 3DS Price Drop and Release Dates for 3DS Mario Titles Revealed  (Read 20659 times)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: 3DS Price Drop and Release Dates for 3DS Mario Titles Revealed
« Reply #75 on: August 01, 2011, 12:10:23 AM »
LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars
Pac-Man & Galaga Dimensions
PilotWings Resort
Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition
Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D
Do you know what is the problem with these games? They all have versions on other systems (except maybe RE: Mercenaries, I'm not very familiar with it). Currently the 3DS offers no unique experiences, and until it gets some, it isn't going to go anywhere.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #76 on: August 01, 2011, 01:10:46 AM »
Um, what other system has a version of Pilotwings: Resort? As for the others, Dimensions does contain two new games developed specifically for this release. I will admit that most of Street Fighter is the same, and LEGO is actually smaller than the console versions.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 01, 2011, 01:16:56 AM »
Not specifically PiletWings Resort, but you can play PilotWings games on many other systems, and from what I hear the flight game in Wii Sports Resort is pretty similar as well. So although it's a new entry in the series, it's nothing unique. Same goes for Pac-Man and Galaga, which pretty much appear on every system imaginable.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 02, 2011, 01:59:51 AM »
If Nintendo had released the 3DS in Australia and New Zealand for $250USD, I would have brought it back on launch day even without a game at the time. But this didn't happen, I was launched at $480NZD = $380USD*($420USD at todays exchange rate). Even with the price drop it is still more expensive than the original $250USD US launch price at $343NZD.

WTF Nintendo with the continued price gouging, why are we paying so much more? The exchange rate has been like this for YEARS. I figured this would be a good opportunity for them to step up to the plate down under, go figure it's "Business as usual".  :@

*1 NZD = 0.7USD and that is being generous.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #79 on: August 02, 2011, 02:03:32 AM »
It's even closer than that, right now 1 NZD is 0.88 USD.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 02, 2011, 10:37:07 AM »
With that type of inflation I really can't see not importing.  It has to be cheaper.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 02, 2011, 11:28:01 AM »
Normally I would have (And it's drastically cheaper, imagine getting 30% - 60% off everything you buy online), but the 3DS is region locked with a lot of BS cavets layered on top by Nintendo that has yet to be resolved or become fully developed meaning importing it would have a very high chance of headaches down the line. The 3DS is so far the least import friendly console released to date, not forgetting that insulting excuse they gave for implementing it in the first place. (Translated:THINK OF THE CHILDREN! *not*)

It's not inflation, the pricing is a product of the 90's when the exchange rate was at about $1NZD = $0.50USD. But this hasn't been true since 2003 and a quick dip and rebound around 2009 when everything went to hell and no one were buying anything. Since the end of the century it has continued to trend upwards with an effective average of 0.70USD to the NZD past 2003. The data can be found here. There is a similar story in Europe where they price 1 GBP = 1 USD = 1 Euro. It's probably the number one reason why videogames sales have always been soft compared to the US even when adjusted for population differences.

Nintendo then bitches about the weak dollar and how it's converting to less Yen while fucking over anywhere else that isn't the US or Japan, all in the same breath.

It's off to the secondary markets for me and when a region hack becomes viable, it's done deal.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?