Author Topic: Fire Emblem 10  (Read 36088 times)

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
RE:Fire Emblem 10
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2007, 03:58:09 AM »

Originally posted by: Darc Requiem
You did bring Reyson into battle? The only way to get past that battle without losing anyone is to have Reyson talk to the Raven King. This causes the Raven King and all of his men to leave the battle.

Figures...
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
RE: Fire Emblem 10
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2007, 04:04:10 AM »
I hate it when the most obvious decision is the one you are most oblivious about...

Oh and to add to the FE discussion Path of Radiance was my first FE game, even though I only saw SB play it.

Despite it being a strategy RPG, it was fun and very watchable.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline silverwings07

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2007, 05:06:28 AM »

Originally posted by: Terranigma Freak
Screw new scans, I got 2 new trailers.

http://wii.com/jp/movies/fire-emblem-movie1/

http://wii.com/jp/movies/wii-cm-soft21/

Haha, someone beat me to it. :p

There are some really interesting cutscenes in both cases.  The battle animations look much better and fluid (though that could be the editing for the commercials), not to mention the quality/use of cutscenes in general looks like it's going to raise the bar.  Liked seeing the extended fight scene from E3 (sothe and mage-girl in the ruins).

Also, I do believe that's Lucia falling from the gallows in the 2nd clip? I really wonder what's going on there..

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2007, 07:04:27 AM »

Originally posted by: silverwings07
Elincia, Lucia, and Geoffrey are back; Lucia even got a haircut.
Screw all these returning characters no one cares about.  Where the heck is my Mia?  Where's my Nephenee?  Where are my Rolf, Soren, Boyd?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Darc Requiem

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2007, 12:21:27 AM »

Originally posted by: Smash_Brother

You did bring Reyson into battle? The only way to get past that battle without losing anyone is to have Reyson talk to the Raven King. This causes the Raven King and all of his men to leave the battle.

Figures...

Don't worry about it Smash_Brother. I had a similar moment in the desert dungeon of TP. It happens to us all. I just hope that you can enjoy the game now that you know how to pass that battle. I don't like to lose any of my characters either. Its part of the reason I never beat either of the GBA FE games. The GBA are much harder than PoR IMO. They still were well worth the purchase though.

BTW Silverwings, the mage-girl is Sothes' step sister. I believe she is the lord in this FE. Her name is Micaiah from what I've been able to find out.
"Fiery words fuel debate and debate yields understanding."

Offline silverwings07

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2007, 01:58:24 AM »

BTW Silverwings, the mage-girl is Sothes' step sister. I believe she is the lord in this FE. Her name is Micaiah from what I've been able to find out.

Right.  Though I think I've seen it spelled Mikaya?  I will know her name by the time this game comes out. ^^;

Offline Artimus

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2007, 03:01:09 PM »
http://kotaku.com/gaming/fire-emblem/wii-fire-emblem-shuns-gimmickry-for-control-options-237204.php

Control diagram there.

I repeat, once more, am I the ONLY PERSON who sees how absurd this is? You have a game that is comprised of pointing at things and selecting them. You also have a controller that...wait for it...replicates a MOUSE. Why in $$%*#'s name would you need any control option besides the wiimote?

Offline Terranigma Freak

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2007, 02:47:34 AM »
I agree. And why isn't the DK Bong drums included? I'm not buying this game unless it includes the drums for the control scheme!!! Or what about the microphone? I would love to shout 'UP" "RIGHT" "LEFT" etc to move my characters around. It's so simple it shouldn't be excluded.

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2007, 04:30:10 AM »

Originally posted by: Terranigma Freak
I agree. And why isn't the DK Bong drums included? I'm not buying this game unless it includes the drums for the control scheme!!! Or what about the microphone? I would love to shout 'UP" "RIGHT" "LEFT" etc to move my characters around. It's so simple it shouldn't be excluded.

Fire Emblem: Drums of War!!!!!

HOLY SH*T!!!!
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2007, 06:49:40 AM »

Originally posted by: Artimus
I repeat, once more, am I the ONLY PERSON who sees how absurd this is? You have a game that is comprised of pointing at things and selecting them. You also have a controller that...wait for it...replicates a MOUSE. Why in $$%*#'s name would you need any control option besides the wiimote?
Honestly, I don't think the remote will work that well.  Fire Emblem has a lot of tiny squares on the playing field.  Selecting them by pointing with the remote could be difficult, especially if you have a shaky hand or if you're close to the sensor bar.  To add to that problem, it's not as simple as selecting a character and then selecting where he should move to--you have to choose the path where he moves.  This means you'd have to move the cursor left/right/up/down (no diagonal movements) exactly where you want to go.  While it is a novel approach, I can't help but think a D-Pad will be faster and more accurate.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2007, 07:11:10 AM »
"This game is going to be awesome. Shame on all of your for pretending to look forward to this game when it's been proven that no one on this board cares about Fire Emblem."

I, for one, have played and beat both of the Fire Emblem games released for Gameboy Advance and Path of Radiance, and enjoyed doing so.  I strove for reasonable completion, with support conversations and music and bonuses and such, but it'd take a ridiculous amount of time to get 100%, so unfortunately they're some of the few games that I haven't beat through and through.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2007, 07:29:51 AM »
Congratulations!  I've beat Blazing Sword (simply Fire Emblem in America) twice (both stories).  I skipped Sacred Stones because I heard too many bad (weak) things about it.  Sword of Seals is on my to-do list (ROM and English patch).  I also want to replay Path of Radiance because it's so flipping awesome.

Fire Emblem 10 is my #4 most anticipated Wii game (behind Super Paper Mario, Mario Galaxy, and Corruption, of course).

Offline WuTangTurtle

• aka ShaolinKilla
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 16, 2007, 08:40:51 AM »

http://kotaku.com/gaming/fire-emblem/wii-fire-emblem-shuns-gimmickry-for-control-options-237204.php

Control diagram there.

I hope your not one of those ppl that prefer the stylus controls for advance wars ds.

Offline Artimus

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 16, 2007, 10:06:07 AM »

Originally posted by: WuTangTurtle

Control diagram there.

I hope your not one of those ppl that prefer the stylus controls for advance wars ds.

Considering how poorly executed they were, of course not. But there's another perfect example of totally inept and LAME design. Advance Wars should've killed on the DS, but it was instead just like the first two. Nintendo is so afraid to change the game design even a tiny bit that their sequels are usually Games 1.5.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #64 on: February 16, 2007, 10:18:14 AM »
Because The Adventure of Link qualifies as their "Games 2.0".
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Artimus

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 16, 2007, 11:17:46 AM »

Originally posted by: Professional 666
Because The Adventure of Link qualifies as their "Games 2.0".

That's about as weak a comeback as I've seen on here in a while.

Link does qualify as Games 2.0, sure. But it didn't work. Except that LttP also qualifies as Games 2.0. Why? It adds, expands and improves. Yes it uses the same basic idea but it adds a ton. It adds story, it adds structure. It adds a whole new level with two worlds. You have more items and can manipulate the world different. It's the same basic premise but feels TOTALLY different than Zelda 1. Same with SMB to SMB3 and SMW. All the Advance Wars sequels do is add a few new units, COs and a couple modes with the occasional tweak. If they were for the PC they'd be expansion packs not sequels.

You have a game that requires selection. Using a pointer is infinitely more useful than using a d-pad/analogue stick. Anyone trying to browse the internet with the PS3 and the Wii knows this. But in order to really make it work you need to slightly change the graphics and, the key, change the UI. With a new, slicker interface Advance Wars would've been twice as intuitive on the DS. Same with Fire Emblem. But for some reason these "series" Nintendo sequels almost never seem to go there. It's like they take the old code and modify it instead of sitting down and saying "We have this concept, we have this world, we have this basic gameplay. How do we make it better?" and starting fresh.

I love Nintendo and I love their emphasis on innovation. But for some reason they purposely ignore it out of laziness in the easiest and most obvious places. I'm sure FE Wii will be very good. I'm also sure it would be a lot better if they're dared themselves to try something fresh.  

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2007, 12:41:30 AM »
tl;dr
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 19, 2007, 04:52:50 AM »
I think maybe Intelligent Systems is to blame.  They seem to be good at coming up with a new game, but not so good at going different places with it afterwards.

Super Paper Mario begs to differ.

Darnit, why did you have to go and make me look stupid before the post was even finished?

I just love to drive you crazy.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline Kenology

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 19, 2007, 04:59:41 AM »
I'm so psyched for this game it isn't even funny.  So is there a tentative U.S. release date yet?  When is/was it released in Japan.  Sorry for the questions, but I really have been under a rock for the past month.
Wii Friend Code: 6761 9883 7072 2526 - PM me your Wii Friend code and I'll add you. 
BWii: 429 612 278 949
MOH:H2 EA Nation username: Kenology
Endless Ocean: 1667-3301-0310
SSBB: 2964-8266-3925 - profile name = Ken

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 19, 2007, 04:59:46 AM »
Ah.
When avatars come to life.

I do have to say thinking back Adventure of Link I think had more influence then maybe everyone likes to believe especially in the 3d Realm.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Kenology

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 19, 2007, 05:04:48 AM »

Originally posted by: Ceric
Ah.
When avatars come to life.

I do have to say thinking back Adventure of Link I think had more influence then maybe everyone likes to believe especially in the 3d Realm.

True indeed.  In fact, many of Link's moves in SSB/SSB:M and Soul Calibur 2 were based off of Zelda 2.

Wii Friend Code: 6761 9883 7072 2526 - PM me your Wii Friend code and I'll add you. 
BWii: 429 612 278 949
MOH:H2 EA Nation username: Kenology
Endless Ocean: 1667-3301-0310
SSBB: 2964-8266-3925 - profile name = Ken

Offline Pittbboi

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 19, 2007, 06:36:38 AM »

You have a game that requires selection. Using a pointer is infinitely more useful than using a d-pad/analogue stick

I think you put a little too much faith into the wiimote's pointer function. Sure, it's preferable for basic things, but it's a little too twitchy for precise aiming. I can see that being a problem for any lengthy list. Not impossible, just an annoyance when you have to focus hard on selecting option number 6 out of a list of 10, and your aim keeps slipping. Analogue sticks make scrolling much easier.

The only way I could see it working is if they made the selections in the game buttons with huge areas. But that would be equally annoying with how restrictive it would be. Heck, even now I have to slow down and focus when I want to select a WiiSports game or I'll slip and hit boxing, and I generally have a pretty steady hand.

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 19, 2007, 04:56:25 PM »

I think you put a little too much faith into the wiimote's pointer function. Sure, it's preferable for basic things, but it's a little too twitchy for precise aiming.
Heh. I wonder, have you played a round of the shooting gallery in WiiPlay? The precision is frighteningly good.
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline WuTangTurtle

• aka ShaolinKilla
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 19, 2007, 07:44:16 PM »
that may be but 100% precision and speed is better.  It's why the only time i have ever used the stylus in a game like Advance wars is when im cooking or surfin the net at the same time.  I'm not saying they shouldn't make a wiimote control option as I would love to surf the net and when it is my turn play fire emblem.  What can i say sometimes i like to multitask, even if both of them are not very productive

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 20, 2007, 06:40:42 AM »
Fire Emblem: Goddess of Dawn compatible with Path of Radiance save

Apparently Goddess of Dawn is able to interact with your saved game from Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance on the Cube. If you plug the memory card into the Cube slot on your Wii, you will get a bonus in Goddess of Dawn. Apparently, you will only get this bonus if you completed Path of Radiance.
Apparently, you shouldn't throw out your PoR save file just yet.

I hope this means I don't have to go back and beat the game again using Sothe in order to get something cool in GoD; I don't think I used that punk once during PoR.