Author Topic: Mario Maker confirmed!  (Read 17346 times)

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Re: This may be the best E3 rumor ever...
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2014, 03:45:41 AM »
I am still deciding whether to get up at 2am to watch Nintendo's Direct.  I just have this suspicion that they are going to stuff it up again as usual. 

I just can't help but give them benefit of the doubt.  Again.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2014, 01:03:47 PM »
Mario Makers looks awesome. Didn't realize it would swap between NES and Wii U Mario styles on the fly.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2014, 04:07:57 PM »
Mario Makers looks awesome. Didn't realize it would swap between NES and Wii U Mario styles on the fly.
That is interesting.

the fact that we are apparently limited to smb1 tools is not.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2014, 04:11:38 PM »
That is interesting.

the fact that we are apparently limited to smb1 tools is not.

They gotta save something for the sequel... or the DLC packs.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2014, 04:26:48 PM »
I'd wait for a SMW variation.  Nintendo's infactuation with SMB1 is weird.  I don't think it is anyone's favourite Mario game.  It's historic and is certainly still enjoyable to play but it has been so thoroughly topped by its sequels that it's really a game for history buffs and completists today.  If Nintendo did a fan vote for what retro style to use, SMB1 would almostly certainly NOT win.  Hell, when I was a kid we all thought SMB1 was super old, when it was only like three years old at the time.

Of course SMB1 is a lot simpler than the later titles so I can see an obvious advantage for Nintendo to go with something simpler for a game editor, particularly when it's their first go at it.  But that all goes back to my assumption that they wouldn't match the free editors already available from hackers.

I do like, however, that they're open to retro styles so that's encouraging for sequels or DLC.  I was afraid we'd get NSMB style and nothing but.

« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2014, 09:20:24 PM »
being able to switch to New SMB style makes it more worth looking at, as then it is more than just a rom hacking pos.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2014, 11:43:21 PM »
at least we can edit beyond the flagpole, *readies kaizo trap*

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2014, 09:54:17 AM »
I'm glad have been proven wrong with this rumor. I'm still on the fence about it, but I can see the charm and if the price is right I could mess around with this game, mostly to see what other people create. I do wish it had SMW graphics though.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2014, 01:50:24 PM »
This really does seem like the perfect opportunity for DLC. $20 base game with SMB1 enemies and items, $5 SMB3 pack, $5 SMW pack.

Having different grades of sprite graphics would be cool, but I'm more curious if you can scroll up much/at all. Having SM3 and SMW items won't matter much if you can't build the levels up vertically.

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
Mario Maker level editor
« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2014, 11:24:42 PM »
Coming from a USGamer interview with Takashi Tezuka ...

"Obviously, there will be other graphical styles included and nothing's been decided yet, but I'd also like to include other graphics that aren't Mario. No, it won't be top-down (like Zelda) It's always going to be a 2D platformer."

- plans to integrate more enemy and object types
- hopes to include features similar to those of that of Mario Paint
- would like to add a music composition feature
- Tezuku says "sharing with friends is really the whole point of making levels"
- details on sharing have not been made public

Source: GoNintendo http://www.gonintendo.com/s/230842-mario-maker-to-feature-multiple-graphic-styles-may-feature-other-non-mario-characters-and-music-maker
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2014, 11:26:55 PM »
This really does seem like the perfect opportunity for DLC. $20 base game with SMB1 enemies and items, $5 SMB3 pack, $5 SMW pack.

Having different grades of sprite graphics would be cool, but I'm more curious if you can scroll up much/at all. Having SM3 and SMW items won't matter much if you can't build the levels up vertically.

That's what I love about Mario Builder on the PC. It gives you a completely blank canvas so you can make your levels as big as you want.
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: Mario Maker level editor
« Reply #61 on: June 13, 2014, 09:56:13 AM »
"No, it won't be top-down (like Zelda) It's always going to be a 2D platformer."

Hey! Maybe they can include Zelda 2 assets since that was a side-scroller. Would love it if the maker was deep enough to allow you to create a brawler/hack-n-slash game.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Diet Cake

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Mario Maker confirmed!
« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2014, 09:16:22 AM »
This game is one of those rare cases where I don't care about what people think about it, nor if it will sell.  I just wanted to take it home with me.  I never cared for modding Mario games and settled with crappy flash games for my level-making fix.  Now, I could spend hours making levels.  However, I really wanted them to include the Super Mario World controls and art style.  Oh well, guess I'll wait for DLC.
You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
3DS FC: 0018-1808-4994

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
Re: Mario Maker confirmed!
« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2014, 12:27:58 PM »
I'd honestly be far more interested in this if it were NES Remix Maker. 
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost