Author Topic: Anyone else decided to stop looking for a Wii this year?  (Read 3429 times)

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
Anyone else decided to stop looking for a Wii this year?
« on: December 12, 2006, 11:46:56 AM »
Well after finally having a way to afford a Wii again, I'm back to the problem of not being able to find any.  The local Best Buy says they'll only be getting one more shipment before Christmas and Gamestop says they recieve one shipment every week.  The problem is they dont know what day the shipment arrives and it could come anytime between 8:30 in the morning to 4:30 in the afternoon, and those shipments usally sell out in less then an hour.  And it's the same thing with every other store around here.

Plus there's the fact that I badly want to play Zelda and have been trying my hardest to avoid spoilers.  Even though I want the Wii version more then the Gamecube version, just the fact that I can't find a Wii has been making the Gamecube version look more attractive these last few days.  Well now that the Gamecube version was released I've decided I can't wait any longer and so I bought the Gamecube version today and decided I'll buy the Wii when the system is widely available sometime in the Spring along with the Wii version of Zelda and Wario Ware.

My love of Zelda is what was going to make me buy a Wii this year, but now my love of Zelda is the reason why I've finally given up on buying one this year.  Kind of funny how that turns out, isn't it.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
RE:Anyone else decided to stop looking for a Wii this year?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 05:23:11 PM »

The problem is they dont know what day the shipment arrives and it could come anytime between 8:30 in the morning to 4:30 in the afternoon, and those shipments usally sell out in less then an hour.

Gamestop is LYING!!!! I talk to a co-worker that just recently quit being manager at one in our local mall to be a department manager at out Title Company. I asked him to find me a Wii cause he is still very connected with other managers at other stores. He called his friend that manages at a GS in San Francisco and they said that they have had Wii's since Sunday, but are not allowed to sell them till Sunday, just before the next shipment comes in. Something about one sales day for maximum sales including software and accessories. My co-worker said that his friend said that he wasn't supposed to be telling anybody about it, but he told him, who then told me, so now I'm telling all of you. Take it or leave it, it is what it is.

I'm going to a GS tomorrow on my lunch break and see if I can sweet talk the female employee into just selling me one w/ a an extra controller and maybe another game or two. I suggest you try something similar.

Offline Rhoq

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Anyone else decided to stop looking for a Wii this year?
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2006, 01:07:34 AM »
Circuit City had 3 in stock last night. I saw them with my own 2 eyes as they were actually out on the high shelf above the Wii section.
PEACE--->Rhoq

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2006, 01:22:55 AM »

Originally posted by: Rhoq
Circuit City had 3 in stock last night. I saw them with my own 2 eyes as they were actually out on the high shelf above the Wii section.
What time does CC open? I want to try out all posibilites and increase my chances here. I refuse to give up until after Christmas, then I'll just wait till Feb.

Offline Rhoq

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2006, 01:31:05 AM »

Originally posted by: BlackNMild2k1

Originally posted by: Rhoq
What time does CC open? I want to try out all posibilites and increase my chances here. I refuse to give up until after Christmas, then I'll just wait till Feb.

I believe all CC stores open at 9:30 AM.
PEACE--->Rhoq

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2006, 02:34:42 AM »
The Circuit City by me still has empty promo boxes on the shelf.  That may be what you saw.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2006, 03:18:24 AM »
My CC said they aren't getting them in till sunday. So that makes two stores that should be selling them on Sunday.

Offline Rhoq

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2006, 03:21:53 AM »

Originally posted by: PartyBear
The Circuit City by me still has empty promo boxes on the shelf.  That may be what you saw.

No. There was a promo box with the accessories - next to the Wii games were with a sign taped to it which read something along the lines of "Nintendo Wii, $249.99 as advertised **In Stock**".

PEACE--->Rhoq

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2006, 05:11:07 AM »
I stopped looking about 10 minutes into my Wii hunt because I figured I really didn't need one. My father preordered one from a later shipment (because he loved Wii Sports despite the demonstration being so unresponsive it could just as well have played a movie), no idea when that'll arrive but I don't really care as I'll get Zelda for the GC and don't see any games I want on the Wii.

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2006, 07:25:24 AM »
I am DONE expecting a Wii this Christmas, this year or the next, PERIOD. The Wii is so rare around here that it might as well join Big foot, Loch ness monster, Jesus and Virgin Mary as being a rare sight.

I'm even going with Twilight Princess GC because I want to play Zelda, but don't want to wait for the Wii in order to play ir.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2006, 09:05:59 AM »

Originally posted by: pap64 The Wii is so rare around here that it might as well join Big foot, Loch ness monster, Jesus and Virgin Mary as being a rare sight.

From what I understand, they see the Virgin Mary in cans of peanut butter and on grilled cheese sandwiches quite often.

She must have had a thing for fattening food.

I mean, if you can't have one guilty pleasure, might as well have the other, right?
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2006, 09:50:07 AM »
Start lining up Best Buy this Friday.  The BIG BIG holiday sale is coming up.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2006, 11:31:40 AM »
All of this is a conspiracy against me. I seriously have been calling everywhere since launch, but no dice. They either give me the wrong date, and I show up to no avail, or they bark at me in irritated voices, saying that they don't have any. It seems like as soon as they get shipments in, the people in the stores grab them, and they're sold out within minutes.. I don't have any "insiders" so it's just an exercise in futility.

I won't stop looking, though.. If not before Christmas, we have this special thing called Boxing Day here (December 26) where nearly everywhere has sales, and you can find some real bargains. It's madness though; people sleep outside Future Shop. Hopefully, if Nintendo of Canada has done their homework, they would know to send huge shipments for that day.
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2006, 06:54:07 PM »
Photo evidence that someone knew what they were talking about

At least now I know I wasn't just being lied to by every store that sells video games.
Looks like I either line up early, or I wait till Feb.(unless the rush madness ends sooner)

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2006, 05:33:33 PM »
A bit of an update...

My dad went to town to check on the Wii. He checked the stores and all of them were completely sold out...BUT they all told him that a shipment would come to the store, they just didn't know when.

I have Gamestop's phone number. They said to call every day to see if a new shipment is coming. I am going to call tomorrow and see if they will have new consoles this Sunday.

Wish us luck!
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2006, 08:19:10 AM »
The joke they were playing on me is now over, cause I have my Wii in my hand and I'm playing with it as we speak.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2006, 08:01:53 PM »
Isn't it hard to type with that rod dangling from your wrist?