Author Topic: New EA game...  (Read 5619 times)

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
New EA game...
« on: February 12, 2003, 08:45:38 AM »
  Over at IGN in the N-query, someone asks aquestion about ea sports.  IGN goes on to say that EA has a game to be announced shortly for all 3 systems, and 'you'll be happy'.  What could it be?  Not Vendetta, as that was already announced.
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline Cap

• View Profile
New EA game...
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2003, 08:54:28 AM »
I'm going to bet that it wont be a sports game.

Offline Mingesium

• View Profile
New EA game...
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2003, 09:07:53 AM »
I'll take that bet.

I can say for certain that EA has a brand-new sports title

Offline Zebulahn

• View Profile
New EA game...
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2003, 10:55:40 AM »

Originally posted by: Cap
I'm going to bet that it wont be a sports game.

Doesn't IGN state that it's a sports game?  Surely you can read?

Offline Perfect Cell

• View Profile
New EA game...
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2003, 11:07:19 AM »
EA Big was rumored to be making an NFL game similar to NBA Street, my money is thats the game. The EA Big games and Midway Blitz/Hitz sell better than the simulation sports on GCN anyways............

Offline kennyb27

• President of Nintendo. Seriously!
    • View Profile
New EA game...
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2003, 11:39:13 AM »
Yeah, its something like 7 on 7 football, or something like that.  I personally can't wait, and I'm glad they didn't can that one as well.
-Kenny

Now Playing: I-Ninja (GC), Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA), Nintendogs (DS), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Just Finished: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
Need money for: Advance Wars: Dual St

Offline G3cyco

• View Profile
New EA game...
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2003, 12:21:39 PM »
I hope it's a EA Big Football game, I dont like simulation football games because they're to damn slow, and NFL blitz 20-03...well, the game was so bad my friend scraped it against the wall and returned it toblockbuster. If Blitz was like the ones for the N64, I would of like it, but they had to fvck around with the configration. Sorry to get off-topic, but I have to hate Slugfest for the same reason: no custom confriguration. Good thing NHL Hitz was made right so I wont have to wait for EA Big to make a NHL line of games.  
http://www.touchdownlakers.com
"When I die, tell the media I always had a smile on my face"

Offline Cap

• View Profile
New EA game...
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2003, 01:20:28 PM »
lol. Guess i spoke too soon. I didnt even bother to check out what ign said, i was just making a comment that fit with all of the sports cancellations recently. I can read just fine. Glad i didnt mention any money though.

Offline Davideo

• View Profile
New EA game...
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2003, 01:30:44 PM »
g3cyco, i hope you weren't serious when you said your friend scraped it against the wall.   If you were that disgusts me, and I hope he gets caught if he tries it again.   Don't like a game, don't buy it.  And by breaking it, you are making it now work for the next person who wants to know how bad it is.  If you actually break the game, it makes blockbuster buy it again which increases sales.  and anyone who wants to rent it, can't find it cause they had to pull it off the shelf for being broken, now that poor sap is possibly going to just go buy it.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
New EA game...
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2003, 01:32:19 PM »
I'm trying to figure exactly what "you'll be happy" means.  EA has never released a game to my knowledge that has made people go nuts with excitement upon it's announcement (well not on consoles anyway).  Will I be happy IF I'm a sports game fan or just a regular game fan?  Is there some major EA game that wasn't released on the Cube that has a sequel in the works for all consoles?

Maybe it's Ty the Tasmanian Tiger Extreme Beach Volleyball.  YES!!!

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
New EA game...
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2003, 04:25:15 PM »
The only EA game that would make me happy is a new SSX. SSX tricky is an awesome game, i love it. Im praying that EA are making another one!

Offline G3cyco

• View Profile
New EA game...
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2003, 06:55:36 PM »
Yeah, true story. My friend later turned in back in and claimed it was like that. He got to rent Need for Speed. And so what if they raise prices for rentals, they never have the game I'm looking for anyways.
http://www.touchdownlakers.com
"When I die, tell the media I always had a smile on my face"