Author Topic: Nintendo Free Radio 33: noitidE esrevinU rorriM RFN  (Read 1251 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 71
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Nintendo Free Radio 33: noitidE esrevinU rorriM RFN
« on: April 14, 2014, 11:22:38 PM »
All celebrity voices are impersonated. Poorly. This podcast took forever to edit and should be listened to by everyone.

Direct Download

There's something slightly... off... about this episode of NFR, and we can't quite place what it is. Is it Donald leading off New Business with a western-developed 360 RPG in South Park: The Stick of Truth? If not, maybe the game this one ACTUALLY borrows from will frighten you. Austen picks up the western torch with SquareEnix's Thief reboot, before violating the first rule of NFR and talking about an iOS game... thankfully, it's tied to PS4 launch platformer Knack, so it's OK. Sort of. Stephen finishes with impressions of the soon-to-go-F2P MMO Wildstar and Vita hunting game Ragnarok Oddysey. There's a third game for Stephen, but we'll get to that later.

After Now Posted sells out, Whatcha Watchin' hits up recent controversy as the sanctity of game shows is placed in Jeopardy by a ten-day champ, Stephen enrolls the crew in The Guild and gives spoiler-free impressions of Japan's biggest anime hit in years, Attack on Titan. Austen keeps the anime love going with the answer to the  most important question of all: Is This A Zombie? Finally, we return to late 80s animation for An American Tail on its recent BluRay release.

In the Feature Discussion, Lightning returns... and  this time, it doesn't get outsold by Bravely Default. Topics on the dock: Game of the Decade, the role of spokespeople, game pricing, and games we're sick of hearing about. The Mushrooms deliver a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad week for a frequent target, live Mario Kart in Austin, and hit some "recent" game announcements... and stay tuned after the outro, as Stephen played Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc and the crew breaks into an extended, spoiler filled discussion of the game's merits before executing a noted NWR forum loon. To which we say, he had it coming.

Want to help spread the word about the show? Use our new, actually easy to say shortlink at http://bit.ly/nfradiopodcast or drop a review into your podcatcher of choice if available! Perhaps you could send us an email as well; the address is still nintendofreeradio@gmail.com. Until next time... "YOU FOOL!!"

This podcast was edited by Stephen Shook, Donald Theriault, and Austen Parkin, and recorded on March 15 so all information is accurate as of that date. All music and clips are used in fair use to provide context for the discussion.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 71
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Re: Nintendo Free Radio 33: noitidE esrevinU rorriM RFN
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 11:32:47 PM »
Please note: I'm getting 34 out before Saturday if it kills me, if only because we have a guest on that episode. That will get us caught up... for a bit.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.