Author Topic: Advance Guardian Heroes Ships  (Read 2374 times)

Offline joeamis

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Advance Guardian Heroes Ships
« on: September 14, 2004, 07:00:44 PM »
Ships today!

- dev. Treasure
- pub. Ubisoft
- genre: Action
- 20 playable characters
- 160 moves
- cooperative + versus modes
- sequel to 1996 Saturn title
- $29.99

Who here plans on getting this soon?  I'm gonna have to wait on this one, still playing too many games I already got, and someones birthday in a few days, and saving my money for some console games too.  Anyways, if anyone gets this soon, could you write some impressions about it here, or a Review in the Readers Review section.  If anyone digs up some more info post it!

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: Advance Guardian Heroes Ships
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2004, 08:24:18 PM »
Though I've never played it I've heard great things about the first game and I love beat-em-ups and Treasure.  However IGN just sh!t all over the game in their review and EGM's scores weren't very good either.  Sure you can say reviews don't mean squat but the issue they had with it (slowdown) is legitimate.  Plus it's pretty weird for a sequel to highly praised game to get poor reviews unjustly.  Odds are, like with River City Ransom EX, the reviewers really wanted it to like but couldn't.  Still two poor reviews isn't enough to go on so I'm going to wait and see.  Still a 6 from IGN, who rarely gives anything less than 7, isn't encouraging.

Offline joeamis

• View Profile
RE:Advance Guardian Heroes Ships
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2004, 09:39:34 PM »
an older GI preview, or possibly some other source, I forget, but they also had an issue with the slowdown.  They seemed confident that Treasure could polish it up by the time of the release.  Hmm.  Wonder what happened.

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2004, 05:00:22 AM »
Bad reviews eh?  I don't know whether to cry or cheer.  I hate to see a Treasure game go to waste, but I already have too many GBA games as it is...
IGN's Gameboy channel actually gives out a lot of low scores - just guessing, but I'd say more than half of the games they review get less than 6; though to be fair, there are a lot of trashy cash-in games and sequels on the GBA.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
RE: Advance Guardian Heroes Ships
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2004, 07:38:23 AM »
Treasure produces not only good games, they sometimes completely mess up. There was for example that dragon shooter for the GC (Japan-only AFAIK), which got really bad reviews. But somehow Treasure can only make bad games or awesome games, no merely good ones... And I think so far there are more awesome ones than bad ones...

Offline joeamis

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2004, 05:31:37 PM »
ditto KDR, they have a very small amount of avg games, tons of great games, and a small few duds.