Author Topic: Official Club Nintendo Thread  (Read 502984 times)

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
Re: Official Club Nintendo Thread
« Reply #925 on: November 15, 2010, 09:18:46 AM »
I was on Club Nintendo doing a few surveys, and I noticed that there's still no Intend to Buy on Donkey Kong Country Returns, just one for Golden Sun DS.  I guess we probably won't be getting that 10 coin bonus on that one.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 71
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #926 on: November 15, 2010, 09:57:37 AM »
I think the Intend to Buy goes away once it's down to the last week before release. You didn't see it at all?
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #927 on: November 15, 2010, 10:25:55 AM »
I think the Intend to Buy goes away once it's down to the last week before release. You didn't see it at all?

Nope, and I don't see that it was ever offered in the list of announcements from Nintendo.

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: November 15, 2010, 12:34:03 PM »

Nope, and I don't see that it was ever offered in the list of announcements from Nintendo.

They're just assuming that if you have a Club Nintendo membership, you're going to buy the game.  :P:

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #929 on: November 15, 2010, 06:04:22 PM »
I was on Club Nintendo doing a few surveys, and I noticed that there's still no Intend to Buy on Donkey Kong Country Returns, just one for Golden Sun DS.  I guess we probably won't be getting that 10 coin bonus on that one.

The Intend to Buy for Donkey Kong was long announced. I did it about two weeks ago.
I got the pin and the Elite Reward. Pin pics coming soon.
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #930 on: November 15, 2010, 06:37:01 PM »
I think the Intend to Buy goes away once it's down to the last week before release.
Yeah, it does. It was there earlier though, because I filled it out.

Offline TheFleece

• View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #931 on: November 15, 2010, 09:25:09 PM »

Handhelds at Heart
---

Offline Shaymin

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #932 on: November 16, 2010, 08:16:36 PM »
Got the messenger bag. Pics below:

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4

One thing I noticed (you'll see it in 1) is that it's pretty small. It fit in my mailbox, and I live in a apartment building where the mail box is slightly larger than my hand.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline TheFleece

• View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #933 on: November 16, 2010, 08:28:17 PM »
Got the messenger bag.
One thing I noticed (you'll see it in 1) is that it's pretty small. It fit in my mailbox, and I live in a apartment building where the mail box is slightly larger than my hand.

Are there any pockets or anything special about the interior?
Handhelds at Heart
---

Offline Shaymin

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #934 on: November 16, 2010, 08:36:39 PM »
Nothing. It's got one big pocket with velcro and that's it.
Tutorial box out.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: November 16, 2010, 11:24:19 PM »
I got a box in the mail today... but then I found out it was light bulbs.

Has anyone else not received their figurine yet?

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #936 on: November 16, 2010, 11:32:36 PM »
I got a box in the mail today... but then I found out it was light bulbs.

Has anyone else not received their figurine yet?

I haven't received mine either, and I got my shipping notice well over a week ago.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: November 17, 2010, 12:58:04 PM »
I just recieved mine about 3 days ago. I saw my shipping notice some time ago, I bet you guys will get yours any day now.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #938 on: November 17, 2010, 08:05:44 PM »
I got mine in yesterday.  For reference, I got the processing notice on Oct 28 and the shipping notice on Nov 5.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #939 on: November 17, 2010, 11:12:22 PM »
I got my figure today.  Cool box.  If it weren't so huge, I'd be tempted to keep it.  I really like the figure: everything looks nice and on-model, something I can't say for every Nintendo figure I've seen.  My only issue with the figure is that everything's made out of rubber, which gives the figure a kind of strange look that's hard to describe.   The figure was about the size I thought it'd be given the size of the box.  If you guys think that box is disproportional to the size of its contents, you've never ordered a CD from Square-Enix (which they ship in these huge 8.5 " x 10 " x 2" boxes).  -_-'

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #940 on: December 15, 2010, 11:09:35 PM »
Some new crap rewards are up on Club Nintendo.  My apologies if some of these may have already been mentioned:

- Dragon Quest IX Screensaver: 10 coins.
- Kirby's Epic Yarn patch collection (there are two sets, each having two 2.5 in. patches): 350 coins
- Super Mario Bros. Cotton Terrycloth Towels (there are three sets, each 9.8 x 9.8 inches large): 350 coins
- A set of 4 New Super Mario Bros. Wii-colored Wii Remote Wrist Straps: 450 coins

As usual, nothing here that interests me, though the Towels could have been cool if they didn't look like something I could buy from a knockoff store in downtown Orlando.  The patches are a step in the right direction, though.  They make perfect sense for the game they are based on.

Offline Tanookisuit

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
    • jeremytinder.com
« Reply #941 on: December 17, 2010, 05:49:50 PM »
I got the cool-looking Fireflower and Mushroom washcloth.  Small for the price, but really nice quality.  I'm interested in the new wrist-straps.  Or maybe the mushroom bag that is back in stock.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: February 09, 2011, 04:57:40 PM »
Oh, Wow! Uncle Bob gets something awesome with all his coins.

http://www.pixlbit.com/news?action=showNewsArticle&newsArticleId=1076&t=working_game__watch_replica_now_available_in_club_nintendo

Quote from: From the Club Nintendo Page
Game & Watchâ„¢: Ball
Ball, the first title of the Game & Watch series, has been reproduced and reissued exclusively for Club Nintendo members! This unit is a faithful reproduction of Nintendo’s first handheld gaming system, originally released in 1980. The objective of the game is to keep the balls in the air while juggling. Move the Juggler’s arms left and right to catch the balls without dropping any, and the challenge increases the longer you can juggle. And of course, it’s not only a game, but a watch too!

Get an in-depth look at the history and creation of Game & Watchâ„¢: Ball. Read the interview lead by Nintendo President Mr. Iwata.

• Battery included (pre-installed)

Really wish I saved my coins instead of spending them on the First Game & Watch DS game. Though I am over half way to the 1200 goal. I'd probably have enough if it weren't for my tight (read: nonexistent) gaming budget.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #943 on: February 09, 2011, 05:00:49 PM »
Oh, Wow! Uncle Bob gets something awesome with all his coins.

http://www.pixlbit.com/news?action=showNewsArticle&newsArticleId=1076&t=working_game__watch_replica_now_available_in_club_nintendo

Quote from: From the Club Nintendo Page
Game & Watchâ„¢: Ball
Ball, the first title of the Game & Watch series, has been reproduced and reissued exclusively for Club Nintendo members! This unit is a faithful reproduction of Nintendo’s first handheld gaming system, originally released in 1980. The objective of the game is to keep the balls in the air while juggling. Move the Juggler’s arms left and right to catch the balls without dropping any, and the challenge increases the longer you can juggle. And of course, it’s not only a game, but a watch too!

Get an in-depth look at the history and creation of Game & Watchâ„¢: Ball. Read the interview lead by Nintendo President Mr. Iwata.

• Battery included (pre-installed)

Really wish I saved my coins instead of spending them on the First Game & Watch DS game. Though I am over half way to the 1200 goal. I'd probably have enough if it weren't for my tight (read: nonexistent) gaming budget.

Wow, something I might actually buy!  I'm just...stunned.  Pity they picked that particular Game & Watch title.  I might sit back and watch the store for a while, though.  1200 is a lot of coins (I have 1540) to spend and then see something potentially cooler come down the line a month later.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #944 on: February 09, 2011, 05:08:34 PM »
1,200? F*** that, it's cool but not worth that. Hell, the Game & Watch DS games are overpriced.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: February 09, 2011, 08:02:41 PM »
*this* is what I've been waiting for.
Had to cram in some surveys, but just ordered mine.

Yay!

Soon to be the proud owner of a reversible DS pouch!
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: February 09, 2011, 08:25:13 PM »
I just recently got the Mario & Squid fans.

I think those are the last things I'll be spending coins on for a while.
G&W replica seems like a nice prize for collectors though.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: February 09, 2011, 11:33:24 PM »
A Virtual Console controller adapter for TG16 and Neo Geo controllers would be a nice Club Nintendo item.  ;)
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: February 11, 2011, 12:07:46 AM »
The Game and Watch is the prize for platinum status members in Japan back in 2009. While it's still too bad we didn't get it for our platinum status prize, at least it's available to us in some form. I've decided to order it since 630 of my coins are going to expire in four months time anyway. Now, all they need to do is offer the Super Famicom controller replica, and I'll be content.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #949 on: February 11, 2011, 12:21:23 AM »
Mop it up, what do you mean your coins are expiring? You still have coins left from early 2009 that you haven't spent? Maybe I should check mine too. There isn't anything I really want though.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20