Author Topic: Dead Space Extraction  (Read 113038 times)

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
Re: Dead Space Announced for Wii
« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2009, 03:26:11 AM »
Godfather Wii had a terrible engine.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2009, 03:30:38 AM »

Better then NMH's. ZING!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2009, 03:55:26 AM »
actually, no.  it made NMH look like Wind Waker.  check your facts and play these games instead of spreading misinformation.

Offline SirSniffy

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2009, 07:23:41 AM »
Better then NMH's. ZING!

*GASP! clicks on "report to moderator"
On the surface simplicity...but the darkest pit in me...is Pagan Poetry...Pagan Poetry...

Offline Kenology

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2009, 07:43:41 AM »
Was only a matter of time.  Millions of dollars down the tubes and thousands of staff laid off over at EA this past quarter.  Dumping loads of development dollars into HD gaming with weak returns is not the way to go.  I will be expecting more of this. 

Of course, Dead Space is a great way to start.  But I'm excited by this refocus on the Wii and commitment to bring core titles to the platform.
Wii Friend Code: 6761 9883 7072 2526 - PM me your Wii Friend code and I'll add you. 
BWii: 429 612 278 949
MOH:H2 EA Nation username: Kenology
Endless Ocean: 1667-3301-0310
SSBB: 2964-8266-3925 - profile name = Ken

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2009, 08:12:50 AM »
I think it's unfair to layoffs mean their games failed considering the current state of the American economy.

Regardless of what system they are on, EA released some of the most original games EVER (when compared to what they usually do) last year. They should be congratulated for that.

Here's to hoping the bring even more original content out, specifically to Wii.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2009, 10:24:17 AM »
I'll remind everyone that EA is responsible for porting a PSP game to Wii as a "premiere shooter," and they made 007: Everything or Nothing.

Dead Space is officially in jeopardy.

I don't know what you are getting at. If you are talking about "Medal of Honor Heroes 2" let me remind you that even if it was a PSP game it had some of the best Wii FPS controls to date along with many great exclusive game modes and friend code free online mode.

The Godfather Wii, despite what you say, was a very creative port, one that received much better reviews that the older ports.

And like Golden said, they published and worked on Boom Blox.

I don't know if Dead Space Wii will be just as good as the 360/PS3 version, but the fact that its being considered as a Wii title is something to applaud EA. If you want to view this through your cynical and asinine views, this may be EA trying to gain some more after they lost it on the 360 and PS3, but this means more games for us and if Dead Space turns out to be a really good game on the Wii its good for us Wii fans.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2009, 11:18:35 AM »
I think it's unfair to layoffs mean their games failed considering the current state of the American economy.

Videogames are supposed to BENEFIT from a recession, not suffer. EA's revenue remained pretty much the same as before, the problem was that costs were rising a lot. I guess that may be a result of duds like Mirror's Edge, EA made tons of new IPs but most of them failed to bring in money so they ended up with higher dev costs without higher revenue.

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2009, 11:40:43 AM »

Whether it had a bad engine or not, the game was AWESOME.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline Spinnzilla

• Hippie Kaiju
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2009, 11:52:28 AM »
Who wants heroine brownies?

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2009, 12:16:06 PM »
I think it was a mistake for Silicon Knights to have remade Metal Gear on the Gamecube. And look how it sold. Imagine if it was a true game next in the line of the story. I bet it would have done alot better. But then there is the Resident Evil series on the GC. Well, I bet RE4 sold better than REmake, though REmake was a special case since it got a big overhaul.

You're talking about remakes of games that were a generation old at the time.  This is a game that's mere months old.  It's no different than how we got Rock Band late.  It's perfectly normal for a console to get a port of a game for a competing console about a year later.

Offline SirSniffy

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2009, 12:30:48 PM »
I don't know if Dead Space Wii will be just as good as the 360/PS3 version, but the fact that its being considered as a Wii title is something to applaud EA.
I'm one of those cynics...but I agree that it is awesome that the Wii is even considered as a platform for such an endeavor. I wish more devs would see this. All I want is for developers to really try to make the experience the best it can be on the Wii. I still don't think any developer has tried to push the Wii to its limits. Copping out, and making kiddie, or inferior versions of popular series is not winning any points on the Wii.

It can be done, just look at RE4...I think that game looked and played GREAT. Other companies can do this, they just have to try. It shouldn't be all weak side games of major series...Soul Calibur Legends comes to mind. Games like The Conduit, and Mad World give me so much hope that developers are not afraid to tax the hardware.
On the surface simplicity...but the darkest pit in me...is Pagan Poetry...Pagan Poetry...

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2009, 01:36:44 PM »
I had never heard of this game before I saw this thread. Now I've checked out videos and impressions @ another site(people that have played it). This game looks like it can benfit grreatly it the one area that it was lacking before, the controls.

One of the guys over at EA have already mentioned that while the graphics won't be on par with the PS3/360/PC versions the Wii version will not disappoint in the visual department. So its good to see that EA will not just do a quick down port for quick sales and call it a day.

This game has just made my watch list, and if it comes out looking as good as they say it will with spot on Wii controls, it will enter my buy on site list like The Conduit & Madworld.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2009, 02:37:58 PM »
This is all good in that it solidifies Wii as the home and innovator of survival horror, not just through distant projects from lesser-known developers, but through the mainstream game providers.

Survival horror is teh casual kiddeh

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2009, 03:38:40 PM »
I found a video on how the game could control with the Wiimote/Nunchuk.
Here it is
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2009, 03:45:17 PM »
actually, no.  it made NMH look like Wind Waker.  check your facts and play these games instead of spreading misinformation.

Lol, I've played both. Godfather's open world engine is gigantic leap above NMH. It has a great open world engine with some solid Wiimote controls. I'd hope they'd reuse it for Godfather 2 at the very least. Oh Pro, you silly goober nut person. ;)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 03:57:09 PM by GoldenPhoenix »
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 04, 2009, 04:47:16 PM »
**** YES!  Man, how'd I miss this announcement (I just saw IGN Wii speculating about it)?  I don't care that the game's going to be a port, as it's a port of what looks and sounds like an awesome game.  The 3rd Party Support's looking promising this year...I just hope EA treats this port with care and doesn't just toss it out there without careful attention to making the game the best it can be on Wii.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2009, 04:52:39 PM »
I found a video on how the game could control with the Wiimote/Nunchuk.
Here it is

What the heck.  Locking the camera to the weapon defeats the purpose of the Remote.  It might as well be an analog stick.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #68 on: February 04, 2009, 05:04:57 PM »
Pro that is a fan made video so I'm sure it would control better than in the video.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 04, 2009, 06:44:05 PM »
Pro that is a fan made video so I'm sure it would control better than in the video.

Nope, there's a windows program called Pieglove which you could map Wii remote controls as a joystick. And that's what he did.

But I'm sure EA would make the controls better in Dead Space for Wii.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #70 on: February 04, 2009, 07:05:21 PM »
Flames that was my point.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 04, 2009, 07:18:06 PM »
Dead Space is tearing this family apart! This is just like that Thanksgiving where your uncle showed up drunk.

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #72 on: February 04, 2009, 07:40:25 PM »
Dead Space is tearing this family apart! This is just like that Thanksgiving where your uncle showed up drunk.

Not really. Wii Music and Castlevania Judgment were much worse. This is actually quite tame and happy in comparison!
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 04, 2009, 08:26:46 PM »
I don't get it. What's everyone so excited about this game for?
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 04, 2009, 08:55:00 PM »
It's an RE4 clone.